g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

If Mourinho is sacked, who will be the one that can lead this club back to glory?

Status
Not open for further replies.

khoazany

I was one of those that didn't like the idea of Mourinho taking charge, but it's really horrified to think what will happen if someone like him couldn't be able to fix this club. Who do you think is "the one" that we should turn towards in the hypothetical scenario that Mourinho couldn't make it? Should we try to get someone like Ancelotti, or should we take a risk and go with someone like that Hoffenheim manager? (I'm very bad at remembering foreign names)

This is not a MourinhoOut thread, just a question out of curiosity.

Last edited:

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
We would be mental to sack him within the next two years.

Womp

idiot
Would be stupid if we sacked him in the next few years but if he was to be sacked for some reason, I hope we really go for Pochettino. Plays great attacking football, likes to integrate youth and is a likeable bloke.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Pochettino maybe. Blanc. A lot of clubs at the moment seem to be doing well by appointing legends of the club, so maybe Giggs. A young up and coming manager from lower in the Prem possibly. Maybe Simeone. Hell there's probably a future premier league winner managing in Portugal or Russia right now.

There's lots of options.

Wooly Red

Supports
Liverpool
This is a mental thread - you all surely can't be entertaining this thought right now?

Bojan11

Yes replace Mourinho with the Hoffenheim manager.

People always get a hard on for the latest trendy manager in Germany. Most of them after one season turn into crap. People were banging on about the Leverkusen manager last year.

But yeah brilliant idea. Let a 30 year old become the manager of the biggest club in the world. I knew you had a fascination with youth, but you taking it too far now.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Sampaoli

Look what he did with Chile and what he is currently doing with Sevilla

khoazany

This is a mental thread - you all surely can't be entertaining this thought right now?
So you're not buying insurance just because you think you won't die early? This is a discussion board, and I think this is a perfectly alright topic to discuss. It's not like the team results will go toilet because I made a thread on redcafe.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
We should re-hire Mourinho.

khoazany

Yes replace Mourinho with the Hoffenheim manager.

People always get a hard on for the latest trendy manager in Germany. Most of them after one season turn into crap. People were banging on about the Leverkusen manager last year.

But yeah brilliant idea. Let a 30 year old become the manager of the biggest club in the world. I knew you had a fascination with youth, but you taking it too far now.
Why do you think I want him? I did not even remembering his name. I was just trying not to make the OP too short.

NotQuiteManc

Jurgen "Nobody Can Beat Us" Klopp. He can lead to United's own version of "5 times la".

Bojan11

Why do you think I want him? I did not even remembering his name. I was just trying not to make the OP too short.
Then why say should we take a risk and go for the Hoffenheim manager? Why not just say a unproven manager at elite level? Why specifically mention him?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Hypothetically, Pochettino.

khoazany

Then why say should we take a risk and go for the Hoffenheim manager? Why not just say a unproven manager at elite level? Why specifically mention him?
It was something called giving an example, just like how I mention Ancelotti. I think you read onto it too much.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
I'd like someone who plays a very attractive fast paced modern style of football but knows how to set up a team defensively too. Poch seems to fill the bill, but is he a winner? and I find Spurs boring to watch at times.

AlwaysRed66

As long as it is not Simeone, as being bored to death is not my idea of entertainment.

PepG

Supports
Ajax
Laurent Blanc - former player at United, plays 433 and will probably get the best of Pogba, Martial and Zlatan (worked with him at PSG)

TakeMeHome

TakeMeHome
Sampaoli

Sampaoli will head to Barcelona. Read somewhere that he wanted to work with Messi and Messi wanted to work with him.

Back to the topic... I don't even want to think about Jose getting sacked. I hope he's here for at least 6 or 7 years.
Poch may be a decent bloke and a good manager but what has he won? Blanc hasn't proved himself in any other league apart from Ligue 1 and he struggles in the CL even with the players at his disposal and Simeone will probably want to manage a former club like Inter.

Gopher Brown

Why the feck didn't you google the Hoffenheim managers name before you made this thread?

You're a thoughtless, lazy waste of time.

But I digress, I reckon that fella with the hair and the suit might to the right guy.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
Cant believe people are even contemplating the club will sack Jose. There has been so much improvement under him and there is indication that he knows what he's doing and how to get us back to the top. Regardless of whether we get into top 4 or not this season, Jose is here to stay which is the way it should be.

NotQuiteManc

Just in theory, I don't think United would go for the untried, youthful, without prior winning records of a manager to replace Mourinho. If anything, that Jardim fella has turn Monaco team into goal scoring machines. Mean defence, fast pace counter attacking game (quick one twos instead of Leicester's long ball to Vardy tactic) and challenging PSG for the title.

khoazany

Cant believe people are even contemplating the club will sack Jose. There has been so much improvement under him and there is indication that he knows what he's doing and how to get us back to the top. Regardless of whether we get into top 4 or not this season, Jose is here to stay which is the way it should be.
I think he did a decent job so far but you never know in football, at least in terms of results there haven't been much improvement and considering what happened to Jose at Chelsea there's always a risk that he will lose the dressing room (he hasn't been in the best terms with some of our players so far has he?). It's not like I want Jose to be sacked but I see a lot of uncertainties (thanks to the great job from our previous 2 managers) and it might be too much for Jose.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
We've seemingly tried three distinct approaches in the post-Fergie era:

1. Cut from the same cloth manager - who'd maybe grow into the responsibility. Ultra FAIL
2. Eccentric youth proponent with pedigree and a history of meteoric, but oftemtimes fleeting success. Moderate FAIL/SUCCESS
3. The most successful manager of the post modern-era with Fergie and Guardiola. TBD??

If Mourinho were to get the sack in the near future, honestly, we should just throw every well reasoned and pragmatic plan out of the window - and do something really left field instead of going for the obvious candidates (both Louis and José were obvious candidates when they were appointed). Like appointing Julian Nagelsmann - who's yet to turn 30 and is doing a lot of good things at Hoffenheim (4th in Bundesliga - level on points with Dortmund). Take a punt on a superstar up-and-comer, and build the squad with him - we've finished out of Champions League spots twice over the last 3 seasons anyway. Could turn out to be a stroke of genius given his baby age. I mean, look at Sacchi - who could have predicated that he would succeed the way he did with Milan, let alone leave an indelible mark on the game? Nagelsmann's bizarrely young beginning is quite similar to Sacchi's at Baracca Lugo, too:
...by the age of twenty six was coaching his local team Baracca Lugo, where he himself admitted he needed to command the respect of his players, “I was twenty-six, my goalkeeper was thirty-nine and my centre-forward was thirty-two. I had to win them over” he was quoted.
https://markfc713.wordpress.com/2013/08/23/football-tactics-arrigo-saachis-4-4-2/

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Sampaoli

He's ours next season mate, I hope. Lucho I won't be at Barça next season and I can see Sampaoli coming to Barça.

coolredwine

lameredboots
We've seemingly tried three distinct approaches in the post-Fergie era:

1. Cut from the same cloth manager - who'd maybe grow into the responsibility. Ultra FAIL
2. Eccentric youth proponent with pedigree and a history of meteoric, but oftemtimes fleeting success. Moderate FAIL/SUCCESS
3. The most successful manager of the post modern-era with Fergie and Guardiola. TBD??

If Mourinho were to get the sack in the near future, honestly, we should just throw every well reasoned and pragmatic plan out of the window - and do something really left field instead of going for the obvious candidates (both Louis and José were obvious candidates when they were appointed). Like appointing Julian Nagelsmann - who's yet to turn 30 and is doing a lot of good things at Hoffenheim (4th in Bundesliga - level on points with Dortmund). Take a punt on a superstar up-and-comer, and build the squad with him - we've finished out of Champions League spots twice over the last 3 seasons anyway. Could turn out to be a stroke of genius given his baby age. I mean, look at Sacchi - who could have predicated that he would succeed the way he did with Milan, let alone leave an indelible mark on the game? Nagelsmann's bizarrely young beginning is quite similar to Sacchi's at Baracca Lugo, too:

https://markfc713.wordpress.com/2013/08/23/football-tactics-arrigo-saachis-4-4-2/
Instead of throwing money over players, I would throw a blank cheque at Poch.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
No idea. Guardiola won't manage United now given his City connection. Allegri has a "meh" feel about him to me. He's steady pair of hands and United need more than that for their next boss. Simeone would have stylistic question marks. I'm hoping Sampaoli is at Barcelona and happy at Barcelona by the time United need a new boss (whenever that happens). Ancelotti might be the best bet if he's available and prepared for the job.

hp88

What if we finish 6th? Maybe with the League/FA Cup?
Still not getting sacked, as we have found out from this thread there's no one around to replace him. More likely to see mass exist of players before Jose leaves.

ice-bionic red

We won't sack him. We have a good squad. Are in a final have a great chance to progress far in 2 more cup competitions.
Another summer transfer window for Jose in the summer and we go and mount a title challenge next season.

There's lots to be positive about although some results this season, many dropped points/draws etc can put us on a "downer".

Status
Not open for further replies.