If Poch doesn't win the league or the UCL now....

meamth

If he wins, then after that he can legitimately claim to be better than Ole.

I'm fishing for haters here.

Karlos PFC

Nice little dig, proud of yourself?
Have you seen the midfield? You think a team with Guaye, Kehrer and Herrera is good for the Ch.League? This team needs a massive rebuild. They started with Donnaruma and got Ramos and Messi like we got Cavani (for the experience and fusing winning mentality to that team).

Real Name

Have you seen the midfield? You think a team with Guaye, Kehrer and Herrera is good for the Ch.League? This team needs a massive rebuild. They started with Donnaruma and got Ramos and Messi like we got Cavani (for the experience and fusing winning mentality to that team).
Misunderstood then, apologies.

jadajos

Last Man Standing finalist 2022/23
Supports
Football
Misunderstood then, apologies.
Very generous giving the benefit of the doubt. I mean he wrote "top 4, challenge for the league and a mickey mouse cup..." As if Poch would be allowed to "challenge for the league" i. e. not winning it a second season in a row right after signing Messi...

Real Name

Very generous giving the benefit of the doubt. I mean he wrote "top 4, challenge for the league and a mickey mouse cup..." As if Poch would be allowed to "challenge for the league" i. e. not winning it a second season in a row right after signing Messi...
He won't be, team is unbalanced but after acquiring Messi you'd expect him to win at least the league.

tomaldinho1

He won't be short of offers but winning nothing would be a huge underachievement. Problem is both camps are obsessed with him. People who want Ole out adore him and like up big him up to no end and Ole in like to see his misery. He didn't even win the league last year.
I don't actually think they did though - again this was massively overblown on the caf - I'd be surprised if there were any posts saying he was as good as Klopp, Pep, Heynckes etc. outside of some trolling. I'm not 100% on him but what is evident is he can work with and improve youngsters and got his team punching above their weight, playing good (not amazing but good) attacking football in the PL. Him being liked by a large % of our fanbase if pretty logical, particularly when those other names were not around and people, rightly so, don't want someone like Allegri or Simeone at the helm.

Agree he should win the league and be in the running for the CL...I don't doubt he will do the former but feel that forward line will make them too weak defensively in the CL when they come up against a Bayern, City, Pool, maybe even us! Next year. That said, what do I know, they'll probably score 200+ goals and win everything.

SAFMUTD

Massive preassure for Poch, if Messi's arrives he will need to win the UCL otherwise he'll be sacked.

PSG is not a patient club and having Messi in his last year's I don't see them hanging with a manager for more than 1 season if he doesn't bring results.

choccy77

Surely i can't be the only one that thinks Poch will get fired this season and Pep will go manage PSG now its a very good side and only needs fine tuning
If PSG don't win the Champs League Potch will be gone 100%

Basically If PSG even drop off 1st in League he is at serious risk.

They should walk the League. Champs League on paper are the best team but doesn't mean anything.

OleBoiii

I wonder what will happen if he wins the CL but fails in Ligue 1. Will the rarity of the CL outweigh two consecutive failures in that farmer's league?

And yes, last season counts as a failure. He had 21 games to close a measly 1 point gap with a team that probably cost more than the rest of the top 4 combined.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
There's no win for Poch: if he wins everybody will say that even Big Sam with a front three of Messi, Neymar and Mbappé would do it. If he looses, his reputation will forever be damaged.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
PSG wins the league but fails at CL. Man City get bounced from CL.
Pep to PSG, Poch to Man Utd, Ole to Spurs!

Raven

Feck PSG, I would love it so much if they never win the CL, especially while Messi is there.

Amarsdd

Actually not winning the French league would be quite an achievement with that team.

Siorac

They certainly have to win the league, anything less than an easy, dominant title would be an embarrassment really.

You can't really set the CL as a target though. City still haven't managed it, with all their money, because it's hard.

abundance

Supports
Inter
they ought to get Ronaldo now
or the project will never be complete

Rojofiam

I think Guardiola will go to PSG next summer after neither PSG nor City with the CL this season.

KennyBurner

Barça with a prime Messi, prime Neymar and prime Suarez managed just one Champions League so let’s not make out it’ll be easy.

“best team ever” by the way, my arse :lol: are we just going to pretend that 2016-19 Messi was worse than 34-year-old Messi or that Mbappe is better than prime Suarez?
Personally I think Bayern, City and Us will beat them over 2 legs. Messi doesn’t have the legs anymore.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
PSG dressing room was already unmanageable, then add Messi and Ramos to it... :lol:

Good luck to Poch, sacked by Christmas and replaced by Zidane odds? Latter is the only man who can even vaguely control this team.

Squad is ridiculously bloated now, got to sell Icardi, Draxler plus couple of others. They'll never play and stink the place up.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I do think PSG still need a world class CM to finish the puzzle. I mean, now, and not waiting for next Summer.

Eternitiy

He already accomplished more in half a year at PSG than Ole did in 2.5 years at United.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
So Neymar left Barca because he wanted to be away from Messi's shadow.

Dr. StrangeHate

Poch has only been allowed to spend 72 million since he joined PSG. We can't judge him until he is allowed to create his own team. This is a guy that bleeds PSG and as long as he gets CL football secured for next season he should continue.

TsuWave

Poch has only been allowed to spend 72 million since he joined PSG. We can't judge him until he is allowed to create his own team. This is a guy that bleeds PSG and as long as he gets CL football secured for next season he should continue.
I love this post

MileStolar

He already accomplished more in half a year at PSG than Ole did in 2.5 years at United.
Agreed, losing a one horse race is quite an achievement, shame he never got to manage Celtic before Rangers came back up, losing Scottish premiership back then would've been the only thing more impressive than that.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I do think PSG still need a world class CM to finish the puzzle. I mean, now, and not waiting for next Summer.
Do you think they have a great defense? I think you need to have a very solid defensive line (along with DM) to be able to play that front three. And I don't see it. Always found Ramos overrated and he's well past it. They seem to be pinning all their hopes on Marquinous

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Do you think they have a great defense? I think you need to have a very solid defensive line (along with DM) to be able to play that front three. And I don't see it. Always found Ramos overrated and he's well past it. They seem to be pinning all their hopes on Marquinous
I was joking about Pogba, man. They still have Kimpembe as CB. And yes, their midfield isn't really the best, and lack of a fighter there.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Barça with a prime Messi, prime Neymar and prime Suarez managed just one Champions League so let’s not make out it’ll be easy.

“best team ever” by the way, my arse :lol: are we just going to pretend that 2016-19 Messi was worse than 34-year-old Messi or that Mbappe is better than prime Suarez?
Some poster on here are trying to find Way to criticize Poch, but all of them fail. Your post should have had this thread closed by now

Mr Smith

The obsession with Poch on this forum is quite something.
Goung both ways, too. The people who think he's the best in the world and the people who think he's hugely overrated. And both of them try to drag you into either camp the minute you say anything about him. Can we not all just agree he's a good manager with a few flaws but for better or worse we've missed the boat on him and it's time to move on?

caid

Their midfield has Veratti, Wijnaldum and Paredes. That looks pretty good to me tbh. And a pretty good foil for the front 3 with all being defensively good.