If Poch doesn't win the league or the UCL now....

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
.....then he's not the saviour that most of the CAF would lead you to believe.

Would be easier to win he UCL/league that it would be to not win it with PSG now, especially with arguably the best team in the world, if not ever!

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
The obsession with Poch on this forum is quite something.

Barça with a prime Messi, prime Neymar and prime Suarez managed just one Champions League so let’s not make out it’ll be easy.

“best team ever” by the way, my arse :lol: are we just going to pretend that 2016-19 Messi was worse than 34-year-old Messi or that Mbappe is better than prime Suarez?

Matthew84!

Surely i can't be the only one that thinks Poch will get fired this season and Pep will go manage PSG now its a very good side and only needs fine tuning

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
How often does the side with the best XI end up winning the CL? It's a lot less than you'd think.

Sylar

Winning the league shouldnt be seen as an achievement, should it?

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
He’ll win the league by Christmas and get at least to the semis in CL. In a one off tie Bayern, City, Chelsea, Liverpool, United, Real, Juve could still knock them out.

laughtersassassin

Why are people so obsessed with Poch?

Does it really offend you so much that people think he is a better manager than Ole? It's hardly an outlandish thought.

Obviously he has to win the league and then either City or PSG should be expected to win the CL.

OleBoiii

I don't understand the obsession either, but the way people have been praising him in here has been way over the top for a United forum. Because of that, I want him to fail.

To top it off: I can't stand PSG. They could be managed by Paul Scholes and I'd still want them to fail.

Infra-red

Pochettino is a really good coach. They will win the league at a canter and put up some crazy scorelines in the process.

Knockout football is a different animal, but they'll be among the favourites for the CL, along with City, Chelsea, Bayern etc.

Daniel_de_Foe

Supports
Member of the BLPA
You can`t jast buy the 10 best players in the world, put them in one team and think they will be unplayable from day one. It`s not FIFA.

Teams like Man City and Bayern have a core that plays with each other for years.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
I don't understand the obsession either, but the way people have been praising him in here has been way over the top for a United forum. Because of that, I want him to fail.

To top it off: I can't stand PSG. They could be managed by Paul Scholes and I'd still want them to fail.
Exactly, hence why if he doesn't achieve anything, then he isn't as good as this forum makes out

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I don’t know, usurping the mighty Lille with only Messi, Neymar & Mbappe is going to be quite the ask. Top 3 & a good cup run.

Dinghy

Does it really offend you so much that people think he is a better manager than Ole? It's hardly an outlandish thought.

Obviously he has to win the league and then either City or PSG should be expected to win the CL.
Might got something to do with a lot on here praising this serial bottler while shitting on their own manager. It's really not that weird.

laughtersassassin

Might got something to do with a lot on here praising this serial bottler while shitting on their own manager. It's really not that weird.
I'm all for backing Ole and all but if Poch is a serial bottler what does that make Ole?

2 Europa leagues with the best team and no wins....

Last edited:

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I think they will be favourites to win the CL, at least top 3. I don't know how they will play if they face team like Bayern. PSG will have 2 players who won't be contributing much off the ball, which should be a big problem against top teams.

tomaldinho1

Exactly, hence why if he doesn't achieve anything, then he isn't as good as this forum makes out
Does it really have any bearing though - I feel like this is just something the caf has hyped up because some took offense that people think he's a better coach than Ole? Tuchel couldn't control the PSG circus, does that mean he's a failure?

Just look at the PSG thread when they lose it's the same small collection of posters who have an unhealthy obsession with relishing every dropped point like it's Rooney's screamer versus Newcastle. If they win something now, this same group will take pleasure in writing long posts about how it's just achieving the minimum and because of the stacked squad, if they don't there'll be even more posts about what a failure he is...it's bizarre. He was ok at Espanol, excellent for So'ton, excellent for Spurs, even if he completely messes up at PSG and wins nothing he won't be short of job offers...can't people just separate his name from Ole's in their minds and move on?

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Wont win the champions league. Neymar, Mbappe and Messi were all rubbish in cl last year and with Messi being another year older, I very much doubt he's going to make the difference. People expect him to transform them, but everything went through him at Barcelona. Fighting for possession with the likes of Mbappe and Neymar wont give him the same opportunities.

Watch Mbappe and Messi have a massive blow up sometime this season.

El Zoido

With that team, if they don’t win every single game they play this season he will have failed.

RepardReece

Surely i can't be the only one that thinks Poch will get fired this season and Pep will go manage PSG now its a very good side and only needs fine tuning
That definitely wouldn't surprise me. Pep would manage to spend another half a billion there too on defenders.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
If he doesn't win the league he needs to retire.

Karlos PFC

top 4, challenge for the league and a mickey mouse cup should do the trick, it's a process of rebuild there after all

youmeletsfly

That team is not even in the top 15 all time sides man, not even close. Are you really seeing them as the "best team ever" or you're just a WUM?

UCL is a coin toss and no manager should be sacked for not winning it. It's not like it's fecking raining around us with managers that won 10 UCL's each and suddenly everyone needs to do the same.

OleBoiii

https://footballburp.com/news/exclusive-43-of-people-look-a-bit-like-pochettino/

EXCLUSIVE: 43% of people look a bit like Pochettino

Why should we care about someone that is not even unique
:lol:

When I think 'completely average, middle-aged white man', then Pochettino is genuinely the first man I think about. Average height, 5-10 kilos overweight(?), brown hair, brown eyes, not super-pale, not tanned and a completely standard face. There's nothing that stands out about his looks. Neither in a positive nor negative manner.

I'm not sure how this should work against people liking him, though? If anything it makes him more relatable :p

Remember the geese

The league is completely immaterial, irrelevent. That's just a given. The Champions League is the one they demand. They will go close again I'm sure, but even with their epic window it isn't nailed on. There's some really difficult opposition for them to overcome.

Ixion

I mean Barca with Messi have won 1 of the past 10, and none for 6 years. He''s not going to gurantee them a CL at 35-36.

OleBoiii

Same with Pep and City if they get Kane. They cant both win it. But they both need to
The prospect of City and PSG becoming our new football overlords is kind of like watching Disney and Marvel taking over cinema.

Real Name

Does it really have any bearing though - I feel like this is just something the caf has hyped up because some took offense that people think he's a better coach than Ole? Tuchel couldn't control the PSG circus, does that mean he's a failure?

Just look at the PSG thread when they lose it's the same small collection of posters who have an unhealthy obsession with relishing every dropped point like it's Rooney's screamer versus Newcastle. If they win something now, this same group will take pleasure in writing long posts about how it's just achieving the minimum and because of the stacked squad, if they don't there'll be even more posts about what a failure he is...it's bizarre. He was ok at Espanol, excellent for So'ton, excellent for Spurs, even if he completely messes up at PSG and wins nothing he won't be short of job offers...can't people just separate his name from Ole's in their minds and move on?
He won't be short of offers but winning nothing would be a huge underachievement. Problem is both camps are obsessed with him. People who want Ole out adore him and like up big him up to no end and Ole in like to see his misery. He didn't even win the league last year.

KeanoMagicHat

I think it's put Poch a bit out of comfort zone and actually would put a lot of managers out of their comfort zone. You're expected to win every single match now, but despite the talent, the team still has flaws.

The forwards are too big to drop, but without dropping them the balance is difficult to strike in big games. Klopp also wouldn't like that front 3, despite their reputations. You're better off actually with an Ancelotti/Zidane type to do less coaching, and just let them do whatever they want. Ego management is more important than coaching with that kind of squad.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
:lol:

When I think 'completely average, middle-aged white man', then Pochettino is genuinely the first man I think about. Average height, 5-10 kilos overweight(?), brown hair, brown eyes, not super-pale, not tanned and a completely standard face. There's nothing that stands out about his looks. Neither in a positive nor negative manner.

I'm not sure how this should work against people liking him, though? If anything it makes him more relatable :p
Really? He's one of the cutest men around. Most folks look like tuna sandwhiches.