If Real puts Kaka on sale, should we be interested?

Suedesi

Ironically Snejider might be easier to get than some think. They want Kaka and they have Coutinho on their books. If Morrati was offred decnet moey, I'd bet he'd take it. He'd be able to bag Kaka on the cheap and even strengthen further. With the insurance of young Coutnho was the long term playmaker replacement already on the books.

I have a sneaky feeling Sneidjer wont be an Inter player come the start of next season. I think he will most likely end up in England. Though I don't know where.
Haha, what you say is actually true, and I've heard plenty of talk from my Inter friends back in Milan that Moratti may look to offload Sneijder if the right offer comes along. Coutinho would be stepping in his role

As for Kaka', Moratti has always wanted him. Plus it'd piss off the rossoneri, which is always a bonus

Scoreboard Red

Dutch players seem to thrive in England, I think similarly to English players who have gone to La Liga or Serie A, some have been successful whereas some have been seen as not so successful. The cases of Sneijder and Michael Owen at Real are odd, they both were consistently overlooked whilst having pretty decent stats when they did get a game.
But in the cases of players like Denis Bergkamp who wasn't so successful at Inter, Hasselbaink wasn't keen on Atletico, Kluivert at Barcelona and Robben at Barcelona, Dutch players have shown they can be far more successful in England than in one of the other major European leagues they might have played.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Not interested.

Wesley Sneijder is a better option for us. Currently in his prime and a couple of years younger than Kaka.

Scoreboard Red

Not interested.

Wesley Sneijder is a better option for us. Currently in his prime and a couple of years younger than Kaka.
This Jordan Henderson hasn't done anything of note to impress me the last several weeks, I can't see how he's better than the likes of Kevin Nolan, Nigel Reo-Coker or Stephen Ireland etc who were all chatted about at similar ages...

beardsleybob

I don't think there's room for both Robinho and Kaka at Milan, and to be fair, Robinho is playing very well for them recently alongside Zlatan, although it must be said that Ibrahimovich is on loan at Milan, I wonder what sort of coin it would take for Barca to part with him and would Milan be prepared to pay the full whack?
We might see Ibrahimovich at City I reckon, IF a) they make the Champions League and b) Tevez leaves for pastures new...
The Ibrahimovic deal is set at €24 million and I can't see Milan not paying it. He is dominating in Serie A at the moment. Besides, I can't see Cassano staying very long at Milan. Eventually he will spit his dummy out seeing as he's a total cnut, and Inzaghi can't last much longer. Milan could try a 4231, assuming Pirlo doesn't sign a new deal. In that formation Pirlo would flop as he will have no protection in a 2 man midfield. They could line up like this if they were to resign Kaka

Abbiati
Abate Silva Nesta Antonini
Boateng---Ambrosini
Pato---Kaka---Robinho
Ibrahimovic​

This is assuming they don't strengthen elsewhere. They need to drop Ambrosini but he's captain by default and somehow untouchable. Fullbacks are needed also, maybe Emanuelson will drop back and replace one of them?

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
Haha, what you say is actually true, and I've heard plenty of talk from my Inter friends back in Milan that Moratti may look to offload Sneijder if the right offer comes along. Coutinho would be stepping in his role

As for Kaka', Moratti has always wanted him. Plus it'd piss off the rossoneri, which is always a bonus
I see it happening even more now.:D

Ringo 07

Not a hope that Kaka or Sneijder are coming. They just dont fit into the profile of players we sign. Sneijder does not play enough in one season for Fergie to be serious about getting him. I think we will probably get a young playmaker that nobody has ever heard of in the summer and tehn we have Ravel Morrison coming through! I think Fergie will go for one of Kagawa, Sahin, Ox-chamberlaine or Goetze!!

Team Brian GB

Baby Cameron loves X-Factor
Supports
Chelsea
Chelsea's biggest transfer priority in the next few years since Luiz and Torres came in will be to get a replacement for Lampard so no doubt if the likes of Kaka becomes available we will be in for him in a very big way.

With regard to Sneijder, I don't make many forays into this forum but said on many occasions that an English club should snap him and Van der Vaart up whilst they were still at Madrid, however neither are now worth what it would cost to get them, VdV perhaps would be but Sneijder wouldn't, he has averaged something like one goal every six games since leaving the Netherlands.

RedThaiDevils#7

Married with Manchester United, In love with Giggs
Dutch players seem to thrive in England, I think similarly to English players who have gone to La Liga or Serie A, some have been successful whereas some have been seen as not so successful. The cases of Sneijder and Michael Owen at Real are odd, they both were consistently overlooked whilst having pretty decent stats when they did get a game.
But in the cases of players like Denis Bergkamp who wasn't so successful at Inter, Hasselbaink wasn't keen on Atletico, Kluivert at Barcelona and Robben at Barcelona, Dutch players have shown they can be far more successful in England than in one of the other major European leagues they might have played.
When did Robben play for Barca ????? Wasn't that Zenden ?????

Devil may care

I think if Fergie was interested in a player of the Kaka' mould Pastore would fit us better given our youth policy and his lack of injuries.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I've never been a big fan of Kaka. He was a bloody good player, but never as good as most people seemed to believe. And he's been distinctly disappointing since his last great season of 06/07.

In saying that, I have no doubt he'd still be a good player for us on those occasions we want to play 4231, which is actually my preferred formation for how we move into the future. But we don't play it enough for us to sign a player like Kake.

Cina

I think if Fergie was interested in a player of the Kaka' mould Pastore would fit us better given our youth policy and his lack of injuries.
I'd take Pastore over Kaka any day of the week, the boy is special.

So what would you lot realistically pay for Kaka anyway? He'd surely have to take a wage cut, I wouldn't go a penny over £20m for him given his injury record.

Saying that I don't particularly want him, there's plenty of young midfield talent out there that'd suit us better. Defour, Sahin, Pastore to name but a few. And if we spent big I'd much prefer Modric to him.

It's a box-to-box we need more than anything else, people are still forgetting than we've got Anderson who in theory should end up being brilliant as an attacking midfielder if he gets his fecking act together.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
It's a box-to-box we need more than anything else, people are still forgetting than we've got Anderson who in theory should end up being brilliant as an attacking midfielder if he gets his fecking act together.
The same player thats more likely to trip over the ball than hit it in the net?

I love Anderson, but he's vastly over rated by some on here.

Cina

The same player thats more likely to trip over the ball than hit it in the net?

I love Anderson, but he's vastly over rated by some on here.
He's over rated because some people are actually thinking he's close to fulfilling the potential he has, when in reality he's make feck all progress since his arrival.

::sonny::

He's not old, but he is well-worn

Expansive, injury prone, without role (not a midfielder, not a winger, not a striker)

There's no reason to spend money on him, maybe could be interesting as free agent.

Chelsea, City, Milan, Inter Milan material

Georgie Best

If I had to choose between sleeping with Miss Worl
I don't see why offloading Pirlo would have anything to with re-acquiring Kaka. Kaka is a very attacking midfielder, personally I would call him a secondary striker/deep lying forward.

I think its rather likely that AC Milan will move to get him back. But then again, they will need a lot of midfielders soon, as van Bommel, Ambrosini, Pirlo and Gattuso is at their careers end. Flamini has not been what he looked to become his final season in Arsenal, Prince Boateng seems to be a hit... But all in all, the priority needs to be strengthening, and perhaps start to replace some of those midfielders. Midfielders is key acquirement. But what Milan do have is forwards with "midfield skills". For example both Cassano and Ibrahimovic are great playmakers next to a danger in front of goal. I think Kaka would fit fine in their current formation, but with Robinho, Cassano, Pato, Inzaghi and Zlatan Ibrahimovic. They still own Barriello too. I just cannot see Kaka being a priority... Then again Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Alexandre Pato does not seem to be too fond of each-other. They did not pass to each-other the past couple of matches. Zlatan seems to be Allegri's favorite, while Pato has hit the sweet notes with Barbara Berlusconi whom just got employed in the board or something. Zlatan has a bit of a ego so if the situation there escalates it might be a interesting drama. They need midfielders though, that should be the first priority this summer.

There is another Italian giant that can move for Kaka too though. Juventus are no where near the top of Italy and a signing like Kaka would help out - they certainly have the funds. He can go both to Inter and Milan as well of course. He went for £60m, and it will be interesting to see how far he drops. There are not many English clubs that will do a £30m signing for Kaka... Manchester City is probably the only one. Dream scenario would be that Tevez wants to a Spanish speaking country and some kind of swap deal. That would be in Real Madrid's favor.

jgraham

Company man, hitched.
punching cats for eggs at a dustbin near you
Is Kaka still at Madrid and has he been used in pre-season?

With all the talk of getting a midfielder in surely Kaka on some kind of loan could be an option? He's not got the billing he had a number of years ago but has the class to be a creative force for us in the middle.

Could be a cheaper option than Sneijder and the kind of left field transfer from nowhere we've made in the past.

Just a thought really

Mick1991

He was on for a couple of minutes last night, can't really see him breaking into this Madrid team on a regular basis.

R. Lim

Such a sad thing that's happened to him. One of the most gifted football players in this generation, former FIFA Player of the Year becomes a mere benchwarmer for Real Madrid. Real Madrid should really sell him off, if they're deeply concerned about the player. Oh wait.

ultra

I've always wanted Kaka on loan so we could inject Cleverly into the squad without putting a lot of pressure on him.

Without a new midfielder Cleverly will have a lot of pressure and I am not sure if he will be able to handle that. But I might be wrong.

Ole90+3

Such a sad thing that's happened to him. One of the most gifted football players in this generation, former FIFA Player of the Year becomes a mere benchwarmer for Real Madrid. Real Madrid should really sell him off, if they're deeply concerned about the player. Oh wait.
Was thinking this my self. A real shame, however good for us, that such a superb player like Kaka has almost deminished. He'll most probably rot on the bench if he stays at Real Madrid. He needs to get out of there ASAP imo.

He's 29 (Yes, I was as suprised as you when I wikied that!), so he still has a good few years ahead of him if he can re-ignite his form.

Would surely take him, if he was on the cheap. <15m

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Is Kaka still at Madrid and has he been used in pre-season?

With all the talk of getting a midfielder in surely Kaka on some kind of loan could be an option? He's not got the billing he had a number of years ago but has the class to be a creative force for us in the middle.

Could be a cheaper option than Sneijder and the kind of left field transfer from nowhere we've made in the past.

Just a thought really
He had a mixed bag of performances during pre-season. Not convincing enough to ward off further transfer speculation, but expectations were higher than normal given it's the first full pre-season training he's taken part in since joining Madrid. Problem now is that he's probably lost that burst of sheer acceleration he had at Milan, so he will struggle to ever make the same impact again.

R. Lim

Was thinking this my self. A real shame, however good for us, that such a superb player like Kaka has almost deminished. He'll most probably rot on the bench if he stays at Real Madrid. He needs to get out of there ASAP imo.

He's 29 (Yes, I was as suprised as you when I wikied that!), so he still has a good few years ahead of him if he can re-ignite his form.

Would surely take him, if he was on the cheap. <15m
:lol: not surprised, I'm aware of his age. People think he's past his best, but I'm sure that's just because Real Madrid have put him aside for fresher, younger, and assumed-to-be better players. That's what they all do - Zidane, Becks, Sneijder - yet when we see those players play, we know they're still as talented as ever. Such a waste to be playing for Real Madrid.

The moment Kaka stops generating the forecasted number of merchandise sales for Real Madrid, which is nearing now, you can bet he'll be let go.

GlennST

Lost his Focus
Kaka wore 22 at Milan, United have not allocated the 22 shirt to anyone this season.

What more evidence do you need.

RedRover

If you believe the rumours his knees are wrecked.

Hasnt dont anything for too long for me. If he was fit he'd be worth a punt on loan but thats a big "if", especially given the physicality of the PL.

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
Don't just stare at the name. Sometimes it's time to let go of these players. It happens that these sort of players just stop football at the age of 28 and then never recovers - no matter how much you want it. The only thing that speaks for his favour is that we're talking about Real Madrid here.

RedRover

Don't just stare at the name. Sometimes it's time to let go of these players. It happens that these sort of players just stop football at the age of 28 and then never recovers - no matter how much you want it. The only thing that speaks for his favour is that we're talking about Real Madrid here.
Problem is he's shown nothing for Madrid even when he has played.

Injury often robs the world of football of top players, and sadly it seems like thats the case for Kaka.

Neo_Mufc

Whatever happened to this guy? Was one of the best midfielders in the world 5 years ago that we would have welcomed with open arms at OT. He's still sitting on Real's Bench for 56m.........

I say forget him, he's made his bench let him sit on it.