If the super league happens, will you still support Man United? Now with added poll

If the super league happens, will you still support Man United?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

It's not like i could say i'm not a fan of United anymore, but you have to take a stand against this. I would probably just stop watching football in general, and cancel my subscribtion to different streaming services who gives me my football/Utd fix.

I don't care how UEFA feel about this because i think they are just a motivated by money as anyone else, but a new competition with no possible risk is just against the very essence of football. I'm all for making a new competition that bypasses UEFA and rewards clubs participating better, as long as you still qualify based on achievements in your domestic league.

Best outcome of this would be fan owned football clubs, if the government can somehow intervene. That would be beautiful to witness.

Alan Partridge

Yes. I'll get to see United playing against Real, Barca, Bayern etc. on a regular basis instead of Burnley or some team I'd have to google their name.

Football, at the end of the day, is a form of entertainment. Me, as a fan, of course would be more than happy to welcome better quality.
So you think a competition with preset teams will yield a higher quality of football than a competition that that operates on a system of the best performing teams qualifying?

Zlatattack

Are you fecking kidding? They are literally awarding championships to murderous cnuts in the UAE and the clubs taking ownership back of their product is too far?

Seriously, a lot of you need to get a grip. UEFA and Fifa need to burn to the fecking ground and this may be the right start.

Make no mistake the premier league will kiss whoever’s arse they need to and it won’t be UEFA
People keep repeating this shit but who have the UAE murdered?

Siorac

I'll still prefer United to win rather than anyone else but I can't see myself having much interest in this. It just seems boring and tedious.

Ixion

United are football to me and the only team I have interest in watching, whether that is against Burnley or Barcalona. If this goes through though the team will feel like something else, like an NFL Franchise more than the team I grew up watching. I do not know if I would feel the same connection to them, it wouldn't be the team I've sat in OT and watched, sat staring at teletext for 90 minutes to see if any one has scored when I couldn't see the game. It would be the plaything of some American billionaires, not the club of the people from Manchester.

Basically exactly this:

The club is being taken away from its fans who are not seen as useful to the global brand anymore.

Last edited:

SoCross

Nope. The thought of a ESL is just wrong. Having United participate in it feels like whatever values we’ve had been betrayed. Should have seen this coming though.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
If it meant we left all domestic competitions I would seriously consider not following anymore and that would crush me. Even the thought has gotten me really down today.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
If it meant we left all domestic competitions I would seriously consider not following anymore and that would crush me. Even the thought has gotten me really down today.
Same mate. It left me quite angry last night but today it's more of a defeated, pathetic feeling.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
This isn't United.

They own our name and our stadium, but they are not the club, not the one I supported anyway - that United died the day they took over and I can't support them any more. I'm done until they're gone and I just hope that can happen while there is still a way back.
Well said, mate. This is not United. It's Glazer FC LTD

Hammondo

I will not support anyone else, but I will lose all interest in United. I will not watch the super league.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
No. In fact I want the club to implode so the Glazers get the feck off.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Its life. It comes with ups and downs.

We are just small fans with no impact on what happens which is why we sit here and bicker.

But if I've chosen to support utd for 15 years then I won't change just because of the owners decisions.

I don't agree with what's going on but I'm not going to stop supporting. The players and staff are the same people.

We might as well say that the players should all leave the team now then.
I think they should. Imagine Rashford and Bruno in PSG. McTominay to Bayern, number 31 shirt. English Schweinsteiger. Fred might even become the reincarnation of Elber at Bayern. :lol:

drdoityourself

No. I love the Premier League. A big part of that is the race for European places. That would all vanish now. And excluding teams from qualifying from this competition on merit is just everything football shouldn't be.

Even if these clubs continue in the Premier League they have sucked the life out of it, lost the respect of other clubs and fans alike. I can't support this. This is all about money, almost no consequence will be if results go bad. Look at Arsenal, the most mediocre of teams has nothing to worry about in terms of Europe.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Wonder what our name will be ?
Manchester Devils?
Manchester United Red Socks?
Man Red playing at the Trad Brick Stadium :lol:

People who wants this truly feel like glory hunters that use infinite lives cheat in games and feel accomplished when they complete it :lol:

yamo123x

Yes of course. Whilst i can see the negative points about this, the club will get 3.5 billion, will be debt free and will be playing against the best every week, not Burnley and the like.

I cant see how premier leaue throw these teams out, as that loses the appeal so i guess this new ESL replaces champions league.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
It's like a bad dream. I know about the imperfections of the FA, Uefa, the Tories and Fianna Fail. But this is something different. The heart and soul of the club was the Busby Babes, etc. The connection to fans. The small people. All the memories, and the before memory tradition held on to by our elders. Now you can bet your bottom dollar (cos its dollars we are talking here) that the scum in the boardroom will have pictures of George Best and Eric Cantona on the walls of this franchise. Resist, legacy fans. #GlazersOut

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
If the ESL is merely a CL replacement, then I guess so.

If it really is a breakaway league, and there's no more United in English domestic football, then that'd probably be it for me. That direction does sound far fetched at this moment in time, but it's been a wild 12 hours, so who knows...

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
It's not about it being soulless, it's about the fact you don't have to earn your place by winning football matches.
I completely agree, and that would take a lot of the competition for a higher finish in the domestic leagues.

But my take on this is that at this moments there are only 12-15 clubs on board, so they have to participate. Eventually, they will surely want to broaden the competition and include more teams. And once other teams see that there is better financial return, and it is run by actual clubs, they would be encouraged to join. This will mean qualification through league position would be a must. In the long run, even the founding teams would have to qualify, but they may maintain their place in the decision making forum as founders. They might even pocket part of the profit even if they aren't participating a certain year.

Anyways, i still think it wont happen. This is just a public negotiation, and there has to be some middle ground that keeps both sides happy.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
As far as I'm concerned it'd be the death of football and my support for Utd. Man Utd is an entity that makes sense to me in a certain context (english top flight division), this ESL nonsense would be too much of a new start for me to involve emotionally.
Yeah it definitely would be such a huge shake-up for us as fans. I wonder if this actually goes through though. I might find myself disinterested as well, but at this moment its hard to imagine life without supporting my team.

the_answer

Already stopped supporting long time ago, now I am just a customer of Glazer United SE or whatever this company is.
Still watching, but not paying a single cent.

But now? There are 1000 more wholesome activities to do each day....

Bertie Wooster

Yep, that's exactly what I was going to post.

I've always assumed absolutely nothing would ever make me stop following United. But I always assumed we'd still be in all the domestic competitions. And never considered anything else.

If we just become a Super League team, I really don't know how I'll react. I know full well I won't enjoy it as much. And I'd hate seeing all the competitions we used to be in carry on without us. Even if we stay in the league, I can't see us being in the domestic cups any more which is a huge loss to me.

I've gone from thinking nothing would stop me supporting United. Ever. To being completely disheartened and disillusioned in the space of one day. It's a real gut wrenching blow.

HerbT

Supports
man city fc
Well I never did because I’m a City supporter but I won’t be one if City go ahead with this.
I’d rather get a bus up the big hill and shout for Oldham than support a club in a USA style fixed league where relegation can’t happen for the cartel member clubs.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Yep, that's exactly what I was going to post.

I've always assumed absolutely nothing would ever make me stop following United. But I always assumed we'd still be in all the domestic competitions. And never considered anything else.

If we just become a Super League team, I really don't know how I'll react. I know full well I won't enjoy it as much. And I'd hate seeing all the competitions we used to be in carry on without us. Even if we stay in the league, I can't see us being in the domestic cups any more which is a huge loss to me.

I've gone from thinking nothing would stop me supporting United. Ever. To being completely disheartened and disillusioned in the space of one day. It's a real gut wrenching blow.
All that domestic history as well. Mason Greenwood for example would essentially have his stats in the Prem mean nothing as they would stop dead there. Shearer's record is never even close to broken as Kane moves out of the league.

It's absolutely abysmal. I'm fuming.

Strelok

So you think a competition with preset teams will yield a higher quality of football than a competition that that operates on a system of the best performing teams qualifying?
Yes, why not?

It's not like Real, Barca, PSG, Bayern, etc. have to worry about qualifying each year.