'If this continues I'm done with United for the season!' Really?

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
And where exactly did the poster that you quoted explicitly say that their entire takeaway from this thread was what you concluded that it was?
First sentence. 'Posts' is correct, you don't say 'threads' when you mean a single post.

Moby

Dick
Just to clear that up it's due to the leeching parasites I made that comment not about the current state of the team
Sorry mate but if you are gonna refer one of the most successful periods in club's history as being 'hell' then it's gonna get ripped apart.

croadyman

Sorry mate but if you are gonna refer one of the most successful periods in club's history as being 'hell' then it's gonna get ripped apart.
My point was it could have been even better IF those yanks weren't stinking up the joint and stopping us building on a position of real strength from 2009-2013 and most notably post Fergie of course

Moby

Dick
My point was it could have been even better IF those yanks weren't stinking up the joint and stopping us building on a position of real strength from 2009-2013 and most notably post Fergie of course
And no one would have disagreed if you posted that and not what you actually did.

mark_a

As a match-goer, and based purely on the commitment of some of the players, I'm thinking I'll probably not bother with some of the upcoming games. I'd watch them on the TV, I still love United of course. I've got stuff going on, stuff in my life to get done and that 1hr + each way to OT seems like more commitment than some of the players are making tbh. Next home game, I will likely feel different, but after sitting through the Liverpool and City defeats I'm not feeling like putting in the effort/time to get to the ground!

Having said all that, we've lost to the top 2 teams in the league, the worse results were the previous couple of PL games really. Which is a controversial take really. Maybe we're turning a downturn of form, a bad period and turning it into a crisis? When players return from injury and without Pogba the team might get back to some decent results? That would work for me. Then Ten Hag next season

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
The previous PLC were similar leeches with the small addition of a stringent wage structure. Those yanks have a lot of fault but people shouldn't forget how it was before whether we are talking about the PLC in the 90s or before that the decades of underperformances between Sir Matt Busby and SAF eras.

roseguy64

What's not true? That the club doesn't need restructuring? The facilities don't need upgrading? We don't need more footballing men at the top? We've only just appointed data science folk when other clubs have been doing it for years. Liverpool's revenues are the same as ours now. Clearly the club is a mess from top to bottom.
Why are you of the opinion that the club hasn't been using data science from before? There have been previous articles and hiring announcements around it. Whatever new announcements are made are clearly just additional personnel or replacements.

Hughie77

I've only watched 1 live game since Leicester away. And that was Atalanta In UCL.
Others I watched after results and it's painfull. Spurs away was a game that was easy as I called it el sackiico . And Nuno went. And I've made a descion not to watch until the status quo changes... so I'm looking at a while before I live watch.

VanHaal'sRedArmy

I couldn't support the club any longer if the current structure remains in place, regardless who comes in as manager. Bankers in executive football positions, infrastructure in ruins, not modernizing our football model, etc. I wouldn't jump ship to any other PL club, but remain a neutral.

Winrar

I mean, there's really no chance of winning anything anyways if Ole remains in charge for longer.

I'm just frustrated because I (and many other United fans) clearly have a different vision of how this club should be run, i.e. competing at the top level, than the board who just seem to be happy as long as we get more money and attention.

7 years ago there was that famous "bobbins" rant after the 0-3 Liverpool game is exactly how I feel right now about the state and direction of our club.

chiz2kul

Even by RedCafe standards this has to be one of the melodramatic threads in history.

We are a mess but we are 6th and won 3-0 at Spurs a week or so ago :lol:

Hardly Oldham FC is it.
It really is. At the very least, the over the top dramatic posts on here provide comedic relief

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
YES because back then you could actually see what the manager was trying to do whereas now he looks clueless and to make matters worse this board are panicking and don't know how to cope with this massive crisis we are in
No you couldn't.

There were 10-20 min highlights of about ten games a season. No analysis was possible. The only information you got was from David Meek in the Manchester Evening News and from the match day programme.

If you lost you vented on a Saturday night and that was it. If it was against City you copped it at School or work on Monday.

Then it was over.

You 13-15 first team players and just got on with it.

Docherty, Sexton, Atkinson and Ferguson lost plenty of games.

"massive crisis we are in..."

Oh FFS!

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
The results aren't even the worse thing for me about United. It is the abject performances and zero accountability. We aren't in a full blown crisis but we should be doing way better with the players we have

Will I ever stop supporting United? Never. Even if we were relegated. They are a part of my life and have been for the last 30 over years. Some of my best memories have been from attending games at Old Trafford.

red_sun

Up until recently, I was living in Japan. And I just stopped watching matches.

I'd wake up at ungodly hours only to be served terrible football. From LVG to Ole.

I was getting irritable andI had the most patient significant others :lol: