'If this continues I'm done with United for the season!' Really?

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I’ve supported us when we were outrageously shit, and have done again since Fergie, many times I’ve loved it. At least than we changed Big Ron, or moved on Moyes, Mourinho because we wanted better.
I haven’t and won’t take time out of my day to watch a club that does “jobs for mates” and can’t be arsed making an inconvenient decision cause a mate’s feelings might get hurt.
Unless you are 60 odd years old, you've not supported Man United when they were "outrageously shit".

If you are 60+, good on you and can I please have a Werthers original?

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Exactly. I’m Ole and I’m furious at the incompetence of the board. Im still watching every game possible and refreshing every Utd-related page daily.
You do realise that it is the latter which permits the former. If the fans pay up whether the team wins or loses, why waste money making them win?

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
What would it genuinely take for you to not watch Manchester United?
If Mourinho came back....
Not read all posts, but surprised if it's not said.
Honorary mention to LvG.

Josep Dowling

If you don't support them when they're....

You don't deserve them when they're...
I can only support this notion if you feel the club is doing the right thing. I followed Moyes because he wasn’t helped in the transfer window. LVG had a bad period which coincided with bad injuries (admittiny not helped by the small squad he created). I felt we could progress under Mourinho in his third season then he wasn’t given signings. This time round Ole has been heavily backed, been given a lot of top class players. £100m in Van De Beek and Sancho not even being given a chance whilst the bad performing trio of Maguire, Fred and McTominay play every week. We have been embarrassed so many times this season already. To simply allow Ole the remainder of the season is by far the worse decision that could be made. And it appears like the club want to do this. If they delay the decision then suddenly sack him now they will look incredibly stupid. Not that the owners truly care. They got their money selling a bulk of shares when Ronaldo signed.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
during lockdown: watched every game religiously, knowing the schedule well in advance and planned work around it. both because i was super lonely and the football was worth watching, for 2 months i didn't miss a minute.

this season: missed some games since i didn't check the time carefully, some more i stopped bothering to refresh the stream when it broke, and another few i missed because they clashed with work.
don't think that will change, i'll still watch most, but will also miss a lot.

basically:

Jacko21

I don't enjoy it when United are playing but I'm not watching - I want to see the performance with my own eyes. For my sins!

I can't imagine that ever changing. If I was going to switch off, it would've happened during the bleakest periods of the Van Gaal era.

It'll never be lost on me that I grew up a few miles away from Old Trafford - home to one of the most significant sporting institutions on the planet, who were guided to extraordinary success by the greatest manager the game has ever seen.

I didn't just come for the highs and I won't leave because of the lows.

lex talionis

Jesus Christ
Indeed. Obviously the horrific death of a human being is worse than anything we can imagine, but the point is that we will all watch week after week as the club further implodes. We can’t help it.

Chairman Steve

I’m finding increasingly hard to get excited for these games, with our current management team looking completely found out and more importantly the ownership being totally oblivious to what is happening seemingly. Everyone knows what needs to be done except the people who have that power.

Its demoralising watching the club buy these obviously talented players and they look much worse for us than their previous club. I look around at other clubs seeing them move managers on and the standards not truly dropping, like Bayern and Real.
We’re holding onto Solskjaer like he’s been having Guardiola’s career the past 10 years and we’re hoping he’ll turn it round… but Solskjaer has had the fecking polar opposite of that, so why even delay?

Theres so many dumb decisions that just don’t make sense too, like chasing Sancho and him barely playing, getting VDB and him barely playing, giving extremely fringe players new contracts and barely playing (so what was the point?), extending Solskjaers contract despite him not winning anything and hardly like he’s going anywhere unless Molde are going to gazump us with a better deal or something.

We‘re like the Dallas Cowboys and our board are fecking Jerry Jones and Solskjaer is our Jason Garrett.

croadyman

I'll stick with them of course, but I will realistically just hope for Greenwood to get better and better, Sancho to get going, and VDB to play. Pipe dreams I know.
Well for that to happen he needs to stay in fecking Norway otherwise not a prayer for any of them

croadyman

Here here. Support for the club is unconditional. Every match I’m watching hoping for a win. Every season I’m hoping for silverware. When we lose I’m pissed, when we win I’m happy. Doesn’t mean I have to like the owners or the regime. The two things are not the same. Manchester United is not the Glazers and the Glazers are not Manchester United.
Afraid to say you are wrong there and they are

Blood Mage

I've been watching us with a morbid fascination at how low we can sink lately. Right now we're definitely playing the worst football we've played post-Fergie or at least it feels that way. Maybe it's being made to seem worse because of how irritatingly good City, Liverpool and Chelsea are right now.

croadyman

I've been watching us with a morbid fascination at how low we can sink lately. Right now we're definitely playing the worst football we've played post-Fergie or at least it feels that way. Maybe it's being made to seem worse because of how irritatingly good City, Liverpool and Chelsea are right now.
Yeah have felt nothing for the club since that scouse drubbing when Ole should have thought about what was best for the team rather than just his own wallet after the game and accepted he is done here

I Am Zlatan

Many people might not consider me a real “fan”/supporter. I live in the US, and have been following United since I was 7 in early 90s, and since 2006, I’ve literally only missed one Manchester United game, including preseason games, I fly to different states to watch United when they come to the US, and I always buy first row seats, even to this day, I would try to switch my work schedule around to watch United, and if I can’t, I would record the game, and avoid coming here, and social media so I don’t spoil the result.

I have never considered not watching United, until now, I’m no glory hunter even though admittedly for the majority of my life, Manchester United were dominating, but I’m just over the incompetence of the board and how they do things, how they handle situations, how they only focus on commercial side of team, how they’re keeping Ole now when it’s clear that he’s not the right man, etc, I would’ve been much happier if we had no good players, but the board were trying their best to get the right players/managers, and actually try to focus on football, but instead we have a great team, but a pathetic owners, now I’m considering stopping watching United, and not care about results, or board’s decisions, I haven’t came to a final decision, but never in my life I’ve considered this until now, it’s sad because I grow watching United, and have great United memories, but the board and the owners are unbearable.

If I stop watching, it’s because my hate for the board and the owners and not because of United as a team, if we had owners that focused on football and we still failed, and even relegated, I wouldn’t even think about not following United, but the owners are a representation of something I highly dislike.

Last edited:

AndyMUFC86

Anyone feeling this way, do us all a favour and go support city or Chelsea. You’ll fit in better there

Anyone feeling this way, do us all a favour and go support city or Chelsea. You’ll fit in better there
Bit weird to add Citeh in there, they’ve had their fair of shite and still had decent crowds.

If you mean that people who only support clubs for the glory would be better off there, well sadly maybe you’re fecking on to something, but then why the feck would any of them still be United fans after these 8 post Fergie years if they’re simply the glory hunters you want them to be?

I want the owners to know interest is being lost on their ”product”, because they aren’t taking due care of if. Demand for tickets dropped drastically near the end of Moyes, LvG and Mou and low and behold the axe followed closely after. But you keep being a sheep la’, let the club do whatever the feck they feel with you customers.

Last edited:

NickSantigo

While I don't agree with the "done for the season" stuff we can all understand a little what drives it.
I love Manchester United but watching them now is so tough
Your heart wants us to win but your head knows it's just going to prolong the pain

croadyman

While I don't agree with the "done for the season" stuff we can all understand a little what drives it.
I love Manchester United but watching them now is so tough
Your heart wants us to win but your head knows it's just going to prolong the pain
Absolutely I want us to win games WHEN we have a new manager in place but until then will watch without care

peridigm

90% of the time I planned things to do around the games, but unless things change, then I wont be so bothered
I started missing games when LVG was in charge. Started watching ever game again under Jose. I think I’ve only missed 1-2 under Ole but thinking that could become more frequent as it’s not worth ruining the rest of the weekend.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Everyone are free to do whatever they like. However, my love with this club is basically what pushing me to watch the shit show so I will continue to watch it anyway. Beside, who doesn’t want to see how Sancho plays as wingback? :lol:

NICanRed

Have been a supporter since before Munich and will continue to support forever. It is only in the last 20 years that TV and the internet have allowed me to watch all the games. I have only made the pilgrimage to OT on 2 occasions and have seen a couple of pre-season tour games. I have always supported because I have always loved the United style of play and their belief in the talented youth. Winning trophies is nice too but the style does it for me.
I watch each and every game but am becoming a bit disconnected and have even sunk to the level of sometimes reading bits of the Caf during games.
Things will get better. Have faith. Stay strong.

It’s just a weird feeling, I desperately want us to go through the the CL knockouts, for the players. I want us to do well, not just as a fan but because I think we’ve got a cracking squad.
At the same time we’re handicapping these players with a manager who has nothing on his CV, has had 3 years here to prove himself, has overseen a 400 million quid spend, yet is getting these players humilated by Young Boys, Leicester, Villa, Liverpool, City.
Is there any doubt the squad would be better off crashing a couple of games to get them the type of manager their status deserves?
So that just leaves you empty, and there’s better things to do then cancel plans with family and friends to watch a club that currently doesn’t seem to give a shit.

MIC_FIN

Supports
United Away Games
Seems to be a common sign off to posts of late. How many of you saying it would actually see that through?

Admit it: you're here to see the car crash and watch the fallout with the rest of us!

What would it genuinely take for you to not watch Manchester United?
Christ. What an abomination of a thread. I've said it before. Support the club. Through thick and thin.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Last few fixtures have clashed with my own games but usually I go back and watch the full 90 ASAP. I only got through 60 minutes of the Derby and am still struggling for the motivation to get through the last 30.