If we get 4th or 3rd place, are we interested in Europa League?

Prodigal7

I’d say give you first 11 a rest at least for a few of the games. Play people like James, Fred, Williams, McT, Garner etc

DSG

I think it’s a legit question from the OP. No need to call it stupid.

Other than the “we should win every trophy we can” refrain, I would add that it is important for Ole to win a trophy for the club. This would also be a great confidence boost for our young squad.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Were you happy when we won League cup against Saints? When we won Fa cup with LVG? When we won EL with Jose? I was.
Lets go and win two trophies this year!

Smores

As others have said it'd be an important experience for the team and give us momentum.
I do see it in line with finishing top 4 this season, both are achievements perhaps we're not used to seeing as successes and shouldn't be yet they are because it's progress.

jem

I want as many trophies as possible, but I do have a question (and apologies if this is common knowledge): how much time will there be between the final of the Europa League and the beginning of the new season? I'm worried about our players being exhausted heading into the new season, particularly considering the rather sizeable drop-off in level between our first team and our backups.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
I want as many trophies as possible, but I do have a question (and apologies if this is common knowledge): how much time will there be between the final of the Europa League and the beginning of the new season? I'm worried about our players being exhausted heading into the new season, particularly considering the rather sizeable drop-off in level between our first team and our backups.
EL final 21st August
PL start 12th September

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Its after season ended, so of no immediate concern. Plus we should be sweeping aside everyone left with the exception of Inter and Wolves.

Get the season done and I'm really looking forward to Europe.
I rate Sevilla higher than Inter or Wolves normally and in EL they're god tier. Bayer Leverkusen are also most likely through to the quarters.

JMack1234

I think it would be massive for Ole and this side if they won a trophy. Whether that is the FA cup or the Europa League.

So it's worth going for. The LASK game is a bye. Then it's 3 games to the title.

CM

Of course. Winning is a habit, and Europa League is a trophy we should have a good chance of winning.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
With such a short break between the season start, finishing the season in good form, winning the EL will carry over to the next season.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
If we presume that LASK game will be played with youth team, we have max 5 games to play for two trophies. I like that ratio.

Lynty

I rate Sevilla higher than Inter or Wolves normally and in EL they're god tier. Bayer Leverkusen are also most likely through to the quarters.
Yet they'd be considered favourable games for us in the UCL.

I can't pretend I've watched either team a lot this season. But I know both Wolves and Conte play a similar brand of football that we know can hurt us.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Yet they'd be considered favourable games for us in the UCL.

I can't pretend I've watched either team a lot this season. But I know both Wolves and Conte play a similar brand of football that we know can hurt us.
They're just a good team. Atlético's equal in La Liga, rarely lose a match. Have conceded 2 goals in their 8 EL matches but they've got both legs against Roma so they're not through yet. Inter aren't either, Getafe are capable of beating them. Comparable to Wolves that side.

Okey

Of course we're interested. It's a European trophy. There's only 2 of those going. Supercup doesn't really count. I'm interested in every trophy to be honest. I love me some silverware.

Mainoldo

Yes but like the FA Cup but the squad lads in. I’m confident we can win the cup with Romero and Bailly playing all the games.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
God no, I'd rather the fourth place trophy than a major European trophy that can actually sit in our cabinet.
I never understand why these kind of thread are even made. Its a trophy and would do our team world of good if we win considering this team is growing and any trophy this season will boost them.
Kinda sums up my reaction too.:lol:
Sarcasm tinged with incredulity

Himannv

We should play to win every single game we play in. I don't think it should be even a question.

There wasn't much reaction to the Europa League draw for a couple of reasons. 1. There's some time for it. 2. The draw doesn't matter as much when you're better than all your potential opponents and the strongest potential opponent isn't going to face you next anyway.