If we qualify for European knock-out tonight, would it be even more magical than that night in Paris?

Sir Erik ten Hag

Bayern leading us by 1 goal with their reserve is something I can see. At 90-minute mark, we seem all in despair. Maguire, Bruno, Rashford…etc all look dejected. Then at 90-minute, the manager came to the touchline, urging for all-in attack.

Bruno put off thunderous shot but it hit Bayern’s defense line and the ball fumbled. Hoijlund was there with a striker’s insticnt and through. He won the 1-on-1 with their GK and scored the equalizer. Nice goal, but United needs a win.

It was at this moment that Old Trafford erupted. The other match has ended with a DRAW 2-2. The 4 sides of Old Trafford were all rumbling: “IT’S A DRAW! IT’S A DRAW!”

The players, for the first time tonight, got belief. Minute 90+5, we got a corner-kick. The manager signals it. Onana leaves the goal to join in this last set-piece…

Would you class this as an even bigger miracle than the night when Ole and us knocked PSG away in the Champions League?

El Zoido

How about we play the game first and reflect on this kind of stuff after?

Trezeguet17

Just the fact that progressing to the knockouts in a group with Copenhagen and Galatasary would be a huge miracle is so depressing to me.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Do I think it would be more magical than Paris? No. The club still clinged to a mystic and nostalgia back then - probably helped by having Ole at the wheel. Also a club had never turned around a two goal deficit. This team now just feels devoid of any joy, even when they win. Will I be happy to go through tonight? Absolutely, but probably more relieved than anything.

The White Pele

I see we’ve reached the fantasy fiction stage of our banter era.

I remember this well from Liverpool’s dry spell. This means we must be only 10-12 years from our next league title. Super.

erikcred

Bayern leading us by 1 goal with their reserve is something I can see. At 90-minute mark, we seem all in despair. Maguire, Bruno, Rashford…etc all look dejected. Then at 90-minute, the manager came to the touchline, urging for all-in attack.
:lol:

Posts that'll make you spit out your coffee should come with a warning.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
And then I looked at the moon and it remembered it was the same moon Ten Hag was looking at, or something.

RedUnited86

Even if it were to happen (it won't) what's it all for? To get spanked and embarrassed in the very next round?

We're turning into Celtic (without the domestic success of course) where qualifying for the knockout stages is seen as some sort of wonderful achievement.

Lentwood

I don't even care whether we win or lose at the moment, all I'd like to see is us working hard and at least resembling some sort of professional football team with our shape/system

LordSpud

If it's not meant to be I hope we don't go into the Europa League again. It's time we started accepting EL as our level

grahamo

clutching at straws mate. The fact We can't get top 2 in a group with Copenhagen and Galatassaray in it is so depressing. Sadly, best we can hope for is EL.

GlasgowRedz

If it's not meant to be I hope we don't go into the Europa League again. It's time we started accepting EL as our level
Looking at some of the teams that we could potentially get gives me the fear (based on current standings).

Roma, Villarreal, Sporting CP, Betis/Rangers, Freiburg.

Not exactly "gimmes" with the way we have been playing.

RedUnited86

Bruno put off thunderous shot but it hit Bayern’s defense line and the ball fumbled. Hoijlund was there with a striker’s insticnt and through. He won the 1-on-1 with their GK and scored the equalizer. Nice goal, but United needs a win.

It was at this moment that Old Trafford erupted. The other match has ended with a DRAW 2-2. The 4 sides of Old Trafford were all rumbling: “IT’S A DRAW! IT’S A DRAW!”

The players, for the first time tonight, got belief. Minute 90+5, we got a corner-kick. The manager signals it. Onana leaves the goal to join in this last set-piece…

Would you class this as an even bigger miracle than the night when Ole and us knocked PSG away in the Champions League?
Embarrassing.

tomaldinho1

Tragic that people think that is some kind of European highlight, a smash and grab against a decent PSG team.

Redstain

I think if the team is knocked out than all of Eriks good points go out the window for last season and he essentially erases a year of finishing third with this season being the only viable contention for assessing his influence and impact as a manager.

It's a disastrous occasion for the club and anything viewed other than so it's a reflection of fallen standards. It's not even like anyone is anticipating winning the competition but at the very least, Erik could reach a quarter or a semi to match the best he could do at Ajax in his period there.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Reserves? I’m looking at their 19 man squad and aside from the two injuries to De Ligt and Gnabry, I don’t see many reserves.

If anything, I’m hoping the light travelling squad are knackered and give us a smidgen of hope, even if Onana is just going to flap one into his own net anyway.

AndySmith1990

If we qualify for the last 16 I hope Andy@Allerton makes a guest appearance on here to write a poem about it

joedirt87

If we manage to beat Bayern I 100% expect the Copenhagen vs. Galatasaray to a be win, relegating us to Europa. I think it was the athletic’s United podcast that said something like there have 17 or 18 scenarios on the last match day similar to this and only once has the game between teams tied on points ended in a draw.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
From waxing lyrical about winning trophies to waxing lyrical about having an outside chance at not finishing last behind Copenhagen and Galatasaray in the CL.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
We all knew when Copenhagen and Galatasaray came out the hat that things would be tricky. The group of death some people called it.

But we are the plucky underdogs and we must always believe that we can upset the odds.

Cloud7

I don't think so. The match against PSG came after we had finally gotten rid of Mourinho in meltdown, had a legend of the club currently the interim and some positive results from the team on the back of the Jose negativity being removed. The atmosphere around the club was positive at the time of the PSG match. Compared to now, there is a lot more (justified) negativity hanging around the air on the back of the performances and results, even though ETH is nothing like Jose, and ultimately even if we get a scalp this evening and end up qualifying, you know the next loss and the next painful performance is coming soon. It's hard to be positive right now, so it would not feel as good as PSG did.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
That magical night in Paris was a poisoned chalice. It's what basically made Ed Woowar decide to point Ole and waste 3 years

fps

And then everybody clapped, and a giant Matt Busby flew in from above, squawking like an eagle, landing on the pitch to give Erik Ten Hag freedom of the City of Manchester.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
That magical night in Paris was a poisoned chalice. It's what basically made Ed Woowar decide to point Ole and waste 3 years
Yes, but can't you see? This is our chance to do it all over again!

padzilla

Hipster

We used to rip the arse out of Rawk for this kind of content.

IRN-BRUno

If this is suggesting we score from a corner then yes, that probably would be a bigger miracle.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
I don't know about you guys but I'm curious to hear what happened with the corner.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Miracle is winning the cup.

Not qualifying by last while hoping other 2 teams draw, because we're not good enough to qualify against the mighty Galatasaray and FC Copenhagen.

I'd rather just we crash out and be done with it.

Moonwalker

I was happy when we knocked out PSG and remember it very fondly, but if you were to say the words "magical night", that game would probably be one of the last ones to come to mind, with plenty of other reminiscences from United's history more pertinent to the description. Especially in hindsight, that was not vintage United by any means.

If we were to win tonight it would be magical in the sort of bizarre/witchcraft sort of way, rather than the fluffy, delightful connotations of the word.

hobbers

Even if we get a miracle, we'd only go and get tanked 4-0 vs Real Sociedad/Atletico/Barca in the Ro16.

Same as after we beat PSG.