If you could reverse the result of one match from the last decade...

BaseFishing

No question - the 2009 Champions League final.

Being the first team to retain the CL would have taken United and Fergie to a who new level in European history. Also I imagine that if we were the Champions of Europe twice in a row, maybe we would have signed someone better to replace Ronaldo than Owen, Valencia, and Obertan. And that could have made us even more dominant for the next 4 years until Fergie's retirement.

theralyst

The 2009 final. Would have won 2 CL back to back, and Ronaldo would have probably found it harder to leave the undisputed best team in the world. Plus Madrid probably wouldn't have splurged had Barca lost the final, as their ego was hurt massively by that. With a potential peak years Ronaldo in our team we would have won the 2011 title, so no Agueroooooo. Basically with that one win, we halt (at least temporarily) the Barca, Madrid and City teams of the last 10 years, and our trophy cabinet would be a lot bigger.

SER19

One of the finals in 09 or 11 for sure so fergie could get 3.

The 6-1 at home to city was a stupid naive result that ultimately cost the title and had it been reversed it would have been pretty detrimental to city. Mancini may have even got the sack by Xmas. Would be sweet to reverse the 1-0 from later in the season. City took control that night if we'd won it would have been over.

As others have mentioned that bayern defeat in 2010 was sickening. I think we'd have beaten inter in a final. Real too in fergie last season was a shit European farewell

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
2009 final. Thought we'd win and although we started brightly it wasn't to be.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
2010 Carling cup final without a doubt.

Not just for winning the trophy but MON might not have walked out and likes of Young and Milner might've stayed for a few more years so I'm sure we wouldn't have totally collapsed as a top level club so quickly.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
That draw with Wigan leading up to the Aguerroooooo moment. Same day as my 30th birthday, ruined the whole friggin thing ;)

Havak

Pokemon master
2009 Champion's League final would probably be the biggest one. It was the chance to be the first team to retain the Champion's League and get us to four trophies in Europe's most elite competition. We should be one of the teams on 5+ by now considering how successful we were under Sir Alex.

Other than that, the only real major one would likely be changing the result in one of the games against Man City when we lost the title on goal difference. Our approach against Man City in both of those games was wrong and if we got just one of them right we'd have won the league (or even the 4-4 against Everton). Maybe if City don't win that title on the last day, they don't even become what they are today?

Those are probably the two biggest moments, but European success is definitely something we haven't had enough of so I find it hard to pick anything other than that.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
The 2009 final. Would have won 2 CL back to back, and Ronaldo would have probably found it harder to leave the undisputed best team in the world. Plus Madrid probably wouldn't have splurged had Barca lost the final, as their ego was hurt massively by that. With a potential peak years Ronaldo in our team we would have won the 2011 title, so no Agueroooooo. Basically with that one win, we halt (at least temporarily) the Barca, Madrid and City teams of the last 10 years, and our trophy cabinet would be a lot bigger.
Kinell. It’s hard to argue with that.

SteveW

At first I didn't realize you wrote "decade" so I was going to say Porto in 03/04...not only would we had a big chance of winning the competition (they went on winning it beating Lyon, Deportivo La Coruna and Monaco), we probably wouldn't have had to endure Mourinho at our club. And all of that because of a horrendous offside call.
That still bothers me. We'd have walked it that year. fecking bad offside call and a 90th minute howler from Carrol. It will never leave me

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
The Portsmouth semi at OT is a big one. We would have had a 2nd treble in under 10 years.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
1. Portsmouth 2008 FA Cup Semis
2. One of the CL finals
3. Either of the Manchester derbies in 2011-12 season (we would have won the league that season)
Portsmouth was a quarter final. And was actually 1 decade and 5 days ago.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
Just outside a decade but the 2-1 loss at Old Trafford in 07/08. We'd have won the league and that team wouldn't have been broken up. You'd think we'd have gone on to win other trophies after that too.

2E_MUFC

vs Portsmouth in the 2008 FA Cup.

The treble was definitely on that year. A double treble for the club would have been amazing.
I wondered if anyone was going to say this. Apart from the obvious finals it would be this game. We would of won our second treble. Considering we would of had Cardiff in the fa cup final. Don’t think I’ve ever been so frustrated at the time with the game against Portsmouth

joedirt87

At home vs Chelsea in 09/10, we win that one and we go on to win a 4th straight title.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Portsmouth was a quarter final. And was actually 1 decade and 5 days ago.
Oh right!
Then I replace it with our loss to WHU 3-2 in Upton Park's last game. We would have finished 4th and Cancer wouldn't have been hired!

Ban

2009 CL final, we looked strong, were the favorites but after that Eto'o goal it all went horribly wrong.
As for Croatia, 1998 WC semifinal, if only Boban didn't lose the ball mere minutes after we scored.. I think we would have beaten Brasil in the final.

FujiVice

If you reverse the result of the Everton game in 2012, wouldnt that be a double negative and remain a draw?

LARulz

2009 final as everyone has said but also that 4-4 Vs Everton jumped at me next automatically. It felt so surreal watching it and was in disbelief, the fact we went on to lose the title in the manner it happened just makes it even worse

Ban

4-4 Everton was horrible but City away was even worse. We needed a draw but played cowardly and deserved a defeat.

CG1010

City vs QPR , Auguero doesn't score the goal and we win the title! Everyone saying Champions league 2009 game and I can see why. But I would rather pick some game where luck played a large part and thus the result you can change with one tweak.

stubie

Man Utd - Chelsea April 2010

We would have gone on to win the league 5 times in a row!

RedDevil@84

2009 finals obviously.
City 1-6. We were obviously losing at 1-3, and then we went crazy and everyone including Rio drove forward like complete idiots. That game should have finished 1-3 and we would have wrapped the title on better GD.

On a national team basis, that 7-1 defeat to Germany. It should never have happened, even without Neymar.

JSArsenal

That game at the Nou Camp where Van Persie was sent off for shooting or the Fa Cup semi-final against Chelsea or the CL quarter final at Anfield.

Before that, Paris and Birmingham.

If I had ultimately had to choose just 1. Paris.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Liverpool vs Chelsea, April 2014.

If we'd won that game it would've made the 3-3 at Palace irrelevant.

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
All the ones that instantly popped into my head have already been chosen.
-The 2009 champions league final
-Nanis red in Madrid (I am certain that we'd have won it that year)
-Portsmouth semi that prevents a certain treble
-The Bayern quarter final when Rafael was sent off
-Everton 4-4
-City 6-1
-2011 champions league final (although I think we could redo that game 100 times and Barca win 98%)

Adebesi

All the ones that instantly popped into my head have already been chosen.
-The 2009 champions league final
-Nanis red in Madrid (I am certain that we'd have won it that year)
-Portsmouth semi that prevents a certain treble
-The Bayern quarter final when Rafael was sent off
-Everton 4-4
-City 6-1
-2011 champions league final (although I think we could redo that game 100 times and Barca win 98%)
Actually that's a good shout, if CL finals were off the table I reckon that would be my choice.