If you had the choice to pick Pep or Klopp to manage Utd

led_scholes

Kloop all the way. Prefer his football and his character. Ed should have been fired for not bringing him. He is the modern SAF.

Pascal

Definitely Klopp, cause what we need rght now is his work ethic and motivational skills, not tinkering with tactics while half of the squad is too technically inept to make it work

King29

Not that much less. Their “net spend” looks good because they have a fantastic team of negotiators. I don’t think Klopp is in charge of buying and selling.

Only Trent is from the academy, all the rest have been signed since Klopp took the job. And most of them were expensive.
Not sure how you can say that, the difference in expenditure is quite significant between the two clubs since either manager joined the club. Something like 400m+ pounds.

choccy77

I'd say Pep.

But we could have had either if not for fortune and also bad running of the club.

ShinjiNinja26

Klopp. Think he’d be able to work better under are our shitty owners plus he’d maximise the potential of the squad when he’s not getting unlimited funds to spend every season.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I'd probably have said Pep if it was after SAF retired but now I'd say Klopp.

Goldfiessli

Supports
FC Basel
Pep with Thiago in midfield for United and Klopp at Liverpool would've been an amazing rivalry

Spaghetti

Mom's
Not sure how you can say that, the difference in expenditure is quite significant between the two clubs since either manager joined the club. Something like 400m+ pounds.
Looking at the first XI of each team, there’s not a big difference.

LoneStar

Klopp for me. His football style is better imo. Although, if you give them unlimited budgets, I would back Pep to come out ahead with more trophies. But not the biggest fan of his style of football.

iHicksy

Klopp, I think he's the mentally stronger manager and i prefer his teams style of football.

Marcus

I think United have chosen to go the Pep way with the hiring of ETH. Ironically, we got Klopp's mentor as the interim. So there will be a change in style again. But at least toxic players will be gone from the dressing room.

I would go with Klopp because he is a less complex character and really in touch with the fans.

Klopp, without a doubt. I can't think of a single area he's loses out to Pep. Tactics, man management, recruitment, resilience.

Pep has always had the biggest budget and the most dominant team. That's not us. The only time he's ever been truly challenged was the early days at City, and they came 3rd and were miles off the winners. PSG will be his next destination.

fastwalker

Call me sentimental, but I do not get a sense that Pep has any real emotional connection with the City fans. He has come in and done an exceptional job at City and yes, he has revolutionised the game in England, but if I were given a choice it would be Klopp. Klopp's whole approach at Liverpool has been immersive. Whatever there is to 'get' about the scousers he seems to get. With Klopp I get a real sense of solidarity, with the fans and the City, he seems to be about that life. I could be wrong, but I am not sure that Pep's connection with City fans is that deep at all. I think City is just a job to him and that's about it.

Also, I have come to really admire Klopp's transfer business. I know it is not him per se as Liverpool appear to have a monster recruitment operation with statisticians and analysts, but Klopp none-the-less has a key say. I cannot imagine that players are being recruited over his head. I remember a time when only Steven Gerrard would make it into a United first team. Now, with the exception of Ronaldo, I could not think of a single Liverpool player that I would not take over a United player. Liverpool's recruitment, mostly in the £30 - £45m market has been exceptional. Then when they have gone higher like with Allison and Van Dijk it has been even better.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Pep obviously has a very good footballing knowledge but he's nothing without a billions of pounds behind him.

Klopp came into a failing Liverpool side and improved them without huge spending. Plus the club seems more at one with fans.

Tarrou

Klopp

I find Pep too annoying

considering Klopp is Liverpool manager I actually don’t find him as annoying as I should, the cnut

Frank Grimes

Probably Klopp as I favour his style over Guardiola's. I remember at the end of Moyes tenure we were been heavily linked with Klopp. When you think about it maybe Liverpool losing the league in 2014 might have turned out better for them. They win that Rodgers gets a lot more time and maybe Klopp ends up somewhere else, possibly even United.

fallengt

Pep would fit United board more. He likes to throw money at his problems and often it works.
Klopp and Liverpool' board are on the same wave length when it comes to recruiting and selling players. I couldn't imagine it would be the same at United.

Last edited:

Pickle85

Kopp for me. Prefer his football, think he's better at elevating average players and actually (i know I'll get pelters for this) quite like him. Pep, while a brilliant manager, is a monumental bellend.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Meh... We look down upon these 2 before they come to england. Sure some see them as great manager but there's alot of naysayers

The terms used was

Chequebook manager
Baldie fraudie
2 season wonder

Rojofiam

Klopp without a shadow of a doubt.

For Pep's system to work, everything needs to be perfect, unlike Klopp's.

He will also likely have won 2 CLs in 4 seasons in a months time whilst accumulating 95+ points in the Prem for the previous 4 seasons except for 1. Pep has 0 CLs in 6 years with unlimited funds and is a choker.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Klopp. He is perfect manager, has awesome personality/charisma too. If I had to pick one manager from the last 10 years (post SAF) it would be Klopp.

izec

For us, Klopp. He doesn’t need perfect conditions and his Barca cronies setting up everything for years before joining. It is actually a pretty straightforward choice.

FriedClams

Klopp, without any hesitation. Jordan Henderson goes to any other top team in the world, he doesn't get a sniff. But under Klopps philosophy, he's captain of one of the best sides in the world and an integral part of why they function the way they do. I think Guardiola makes great players better, whereas Klopp can make average players great.

Acole9

Outstanding
Klopp

I find Pep too annoying

considering Klopp is Liverpool manager I actually don’t find him as annoying as I should, the cnut
You find Guardiola more annoying Klopp?! Blimey. I can't stand Klopp.

NewUser777

Honestly! We do not need threads like this It’s like, “if you had tits” what would you do? Play with them, or have someone else do it? Cringe…