g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

If you played in goal for man city, how many goals would you concede per match?

Ajr

Probably no longer under surveillance
You have to play every minute of every game. I reckon 4 or 5 at least. You do get the benefit of 6 months of full time training before plus pre season.

Pintu

I’d be scoring own goals for fun (literally, I’d enjoy it)

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
They've conceded about 1 a game this season, I'd've thought I could keep it under 2.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Edersons faced 70 shots this season (2.1 per game), so lets go with a base of 140, throw a few more in and go with a nice figure of 160 which makes it 5 per game.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Id be confident in the odd cleansheet. Ive played in goal at Sunday League level for nearly 15 years, and im 37 soon. Im very experienced and not bad with my feet. My command of the area is my weakest part of my game, but shot stopping and anticipation can be elite tier sometimes. Id go with 2 goals a game, sometimes 3/4 depending on the opposition and defenders in front of me, and a good ref willing to protect me for being fouled when coming for a cross.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Players would start shooting once they get anywhere within 35 yards once they realise how crap I am.
Double figures and relegation for sure

DOTA

Performative false-modesty is an ugly thing.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
5-10 per match. Most shots I faced would go in. Professional footballers are incredible. However many shots City face… all of those, plus a few more spanked at me from 30 yards when they see how bad I am.

Teja

Think the other end of the pitch is more interesting. If they replaced Haaland with some random Sunday league striker how many would he score?

Probably at least 10 in the PL

DOTA

Think the other end of the pitch is more interesting. If they replaced Haaland with some random Sunday league striker how many would he score?

Probably at least 10 in the PL
We did that, this is the less successful spin-off.

Chief123

You have to play every minute of every game. I reckon 4 or 5 at least. You do get the benefit of 6 months of full time training before plus pre season.
City would lose every game they play. Same if any of us on here played as GK. Mainly because they would have to change the way they play which is from the back. Also teams would set up differently knowing every shot would probably lead to a goal. Set pieces would be a nightmare.

Yeah, there’s a reason they have a professional GK.

Andersonson

If I could get a better contract than i did back in the day, they had to offer me more than 400£ a month!

70 shots faced, probably a most more shaky defence because of me, so 90+?

For all the abuse i would get, i'd want 100.000k pw

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
The real question is why it's so much harder to find stats for "shots on target against" than "shots on target".

I tried just now to find out how many shots on target City have had against them on average this season.

Couldn't find it.

El Zoido

Lots. Have to imagine I’d be conceding the majority of shots I faced.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I’m a pretty decent goalie so think I could keep it down to about 6 goals per game.

Ajr

Probably no longer under surveillance
City would lose every game they play. Same if any of us on here played as GK. Mainly because they would have to change the way they play which is from the back. Also teams would set up differently knowing every shot would probably lead to a goal. Set pieces would be a nightmare.

Yeah, there’s a reason they have a professional GK.
Well i agree mostly but how do you know there isn't anyone on here who could do a job. Obviously we could have some keepers who are extremely good, play pro and we would have no idea.

Sauxees Moi Hui

I would be the shortest, fattest and oldest GK the Premiership has ever seen, which is to say that seeing me in City's goal should be a dream for any United fan.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
How many shots on target are they facing on average? That number.