Ilkay Gündogan

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
Isn't it typical though .. we signed ton of players from BVB who all failed miserably here including our current flop Sancho, meanwhile the only BVB player who managed to succeed in England signed for Man fecking City. You can't make that up.
Only Dortmund player?

There is Akanji Haaland Aubameyang was top scorer for a season

MalaysianRed7

He’s a ridiculous player. He’s dragged them to finals and trophies for the past 3 seasons now. Him going to Barcelona will be very welcome news for me.

Lee565

How is it that the likes of him and haaland have improved massively on their injury record since joining city, is it city have great physio, medical staff etc..whilst dortmund were the opposite?

Yagami

Good post resistant
Only Dortmund player?

There is Akanji Haaland Aubameyang was top scorer for a season
Rosicky before that was very good despite being injury ridden. Pienaar was a good player, too.

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
Why does he want to leave City though? Moving from a club is winning everything in sight, to a team in transition where he'll most likely get paid less as well, doesn't make a lot of sense.

RedDevilRoshi

I’m happy he is leaving them. Very good player who for large parts of his City career has been very underrated but has finally got the recognition that he deserves this season & last.

Don’t know if we are cursed or what when it comes to signing players from Dortmund. Whenever City sign a player from Dortmund they always tend to go on and do well - Gundogan, Haaland, Akanji.

Whereas on the other, our record when it comes to signing Dortmund players tends to go in the opposite direction - Kagawa, Mkhitaryan, Sancho.

I’m glad Bellingham is going to Real Madrid instead of Man City as he’d end up looking like prime Zidane under Pep over there.

justboy68

He's one I would have loved to be playing for us. Liked him ever since Dortmund. Such a shame seeing him at City (and especially.spanking 2 volleys in against us in the cup final).

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Why does he want to leave City though? Moving from a club is winning everything in sight, to a team in transition where he'll most likely get paid less as well, doesn't make a lot of sense.
Playing under Pep is likely quite draining, he's earned a lot, if he leaves them after winning the lot he can enjoy Barcelona for the beautiful place it is.

Classy player.

Karel Podolsky

Supports
Ex Laziale
Not paid well enough and not long enough contract offer.. :wenger:

His wage is way below KdB, Haaland, Cancelo, Grealish, Foden.

Assuming City players would earn less (Sterling, Jesus, Zinchenko,.... Gundogan) is like a consolation to the fact United player like Sancho is on 350k/week :lol:

Last edited:

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Forget Haaland or De Bruyne he is Citys most important player.

EliasRavelino

Supports
Sevilla
Is it just me or does he not look like the captain in the fictional team in the Ted Lasso TV show, he certainly reminded me of him as he celebrated that 1st goal yesterday!

Noot

Supports
Manchester City
How is it that the likes of him and haaland have improved massively on their injury record since joining city, is it city have great physio, medical staff etc..whilst dortmund were the opposite?
Dortmund medical team is famously shocking.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Don’t know if we are cursed or what when it comes to signing players from Dortmund. Whenever City sign a player from Dortmund they always tend to go on and do well - Gundogan, Haaland, Akanji.

Whereas on the other, our record when it comes to signing Dortmund players tends to go in the opposite direction - Kagawa, Mkhitaryan, Sancho.
This should tell you more about United than about Dortmund players.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
He is the nice canteen lady of a corrupt organization. He doesnt belong there

simplyared

These kind of players are the ones I personally like the best. Believe they're known as water carriers. Nothing flash they just get on with doing the business and often without making the headlines. Newcastle for example wouldn't be where they are without Bruno Guimares. Even Henderson has had a big influence on Liverpool. All invaluable to their teams and loved by the fans and coaches. Gundogan being a prime example. With a bit of class thrown in as well!

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
I remember being put off by his injury history. Back problems are usually clear signs that a player will spend more time in the doctor's office than on the pitch.