Ilkay Gündogan

Righteous Steps

I agree, he's been phenomenal for us but Gundogan pre-injury at Dortmund was a little more agile and a little quicker, also a bit stronger physically.
An amazing player but injuries prevented him from being truly peak Modric level I feel. He's adapted his game to account for it, and is now a better goalscorer (at least in Peps system) but the player he was at Dortmund was set to be the best cm in the world.
Yes i agree, he was well on his way to being the best midfielder of his generation, i think him Thiago and Veratti have suffered in a similar way from consistent injuries and in Verattis case the wrong move, still all had great careers though.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
The somewhat underrated player of the Guardiola era.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
Probably the best signing of Guardiola price per pound

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Going full american here but he's one of the ultimate 'clutch' midfielders.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Apparently Arsenal are targeting him
It's a weird one,surely City bulge on the contract length or he just goes to Barca. At his age i don't see the appeal in "downgrading" to stay in the PL.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Wasn’t he guardiola first signing? Had a really good season and is underrated.

Canagel

They need to start talking about him more when it comes to the best midfielder in the world conversations.

J2J

Big game player, hope he leaves in the summer as they'll struggle to replace him.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Me might not be the player of the year but he’s easily the player of the run-in.

ShinjiNinja26

They have this guy and we’ve got Fred. The difference in overall squad quality is very evident. We need a big summer to even start to close the gap as you know City will go out and spend another £150-200m on top of what they’ve already got.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
End of season Gundo is basically Thanos.
:lol: I wanted to write something along the lines "Gündogan at the end of the season is as if Gandalf decides to take the ring" but yours is just as fitting.
It's not just him scoring in these important games, already before his more attacking role since 2021 he had an insane important run for City as DM at the end of 2018/2019 when they won like 15 games in a row to defend a 1 point lead against Liverpool in the league.

Is he definitely leaving? Would be one of the very few who leaves City who I feel would still have something left.

BorisManUtd

How many important goals has he scored over last and this season? Brilliant player.

MoskvaRed

He’s seriously good, isn’t he? Seems to have been around forever - scored for Dortmund in the 2013 CL final and didn’t look that young then.

Winrar

Flys under the radar a lot of the time but pops up with important goals like today.

Class player, sad that he plays for City.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Very good player. The 2nd goal was a bit flukey, but still a solid performance from him.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Could probably play until he’s 50. Just keep him locked in the training ground and maintain his fitness for the last 3 months of the season.

Blood Mage

Great player. I preferred the Dortmund version though where he played more like Scholes. Pep turned him into Lampard, more effective but less fun to watch.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Remember us ending our interest after his back problems all those years ago. :(

InfiniteBoredom

Unless he’s committed to Arsenal, I would have him here on a heartbeat, 3 years contract. Technical quality aside, still worked his ass off and won most duels against our midfielders, while carrying a pot belly.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Two poxy goals. One because it was after 18 seconds and the second was flukey. Still a terrific player for them.

Righteous Steps

Great player. I preferred the Dortmund version though where he played more like Scholes. Pep turned him into Lampard, more effective but less fun to watch.
The Dortmund version played more like Modric, he relied on dribbling and marauding runs heavily.

izec

They have this guy and we’ve got Fred. The difference in overall squad quality is very evident. We need a big summer to even start to close the gap as you know City will go out and spend another £150-200m on top of what they’ve already got.
We spent also plenty of money, but we buy starting players players on big money like Fred, Sancho and Anthony and are surprised.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
To think he was once very close to retiring due to this back injury. Incredible how he not only came back, but managed a long and great career afterwards.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
I always liked him, I'm happy for him.
To think he was once very close to retiring due to this back injury. Incredible how he not only came back, but managed a long and great career afterwards.
Shame that his personal best while fit coincided with the decline of the NT.

erikcred

Remember us ending our interest after his back problems all those years ago. :(
He would've had to produce immediately and consistently for us and would've broken down under the physical strain. City nursed him through his injury issues by somehow making do with players like KDB, Fernandinho and the two Silvas. The plucky minnows.

ShinjiNinja26

We spent also plenty of money, but we buy starting players players on big money like Fred, Sancho and Anthony and are surprised.
We’ve squandered £100’s of millions very badly over the years. It’s vital we start spending our money more wisely. I have trust in ETH and his team, he seems like he want specific players to fit his team and not just big names to sell shirts.

Tucholsky

Supports
VfB Stuttgart
I always liked him, I'm happy for him.
Shame that his personal best while fit coincided with the decline of the NT.
Problem is/was, that neither Flick, Löw and the players were able to make a functioning midfield out of Gündogan, Kroos, Goretzka and Kimmich. It is really a tragedy. The German NT has a lot of deficits but not to make more in tournament achievements out of this midfield group is a shame,.

el3mel

Isn't it typical though .. we signed ton of players from BVB who all failed miserably here including our current flop Sancho, meanwhile the only BVB player who managed to succeed in England signed for Man fecking City. You can't make that up.