Ilkay Gündogan

thepolice123

Bringing him on was a tactical masterstroke from Pep. Both his goals were scored from his well-timed runs to the far post.

padr81

Supports
Man City
What a beautiful man. Only Dortmund player to ever leave Dortmund and be worth his money? :lol:
£18m after a poor injury riddled start he's been one of our best ever signings. Hope rumors of us telling him to leave are false.

Ace_Ventura

He probably doesn't know this but he's more of a Man Utd Legend than a Man City legend. Thanks for ruining Liverpool's party.

BerryBerryShrew

Do you remember when Iniesta scored the winning goal in the WC final and then next season every team's supporters in La Liga loudly applauded when his name was read out? I feel like something similar should happen to Gunders. I'd happily see a guard of honour formed for him at OT next year. Just him though; the magnificent, Scouse dream crushing midfield maestro!

(...)

Supports
Arsenal
Sensational player, crazy that he came back after his back injury and still had a great career even if he's less dynamic

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
What a player. There should no place for players like De Jong in City starting 11, surely not above Gundogan, hence De Jong should join us if he leaves Barca.

Boavista

Should have won player of the season last year if you ask me. Dias wasn't undeserved either, but I think Gündogan deserved it a bit more. He carried that team in de Bruyne's absence

DoneDaDa

Supports
Toronto FC
Didn't he basically win it for them last season when he was unplayable from Jan to March?

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
What a beautiful man. Only Dortmund player to ever leave Dortmund and be worth his money? :lol:
Other than Lewa, Hummels did well enough at Bayern. Dembele also is finally doing well now that he's fit, but then he's leaving on a free after taking 4 years of wages :lol:

TsuWave

couldn't find another thread for him - ended up becoming a really important player for City over the years :(

Red Star One

couldn't find another thread for him - ended up becoming a really important player for City over the years :(
As much as I dislike Guardiola, Gundogan is a great example how he can improve already great player. He’s reached a new level at City and has been an invaluable asset for them

BarryWinks

Wanted him so bad for us when he was at Dortmund. Was sure he would be a great player for us. Unfortunately he didn't light it up for City in his first few seasons there, but he's been one of their best players - and leaders - in the last 4 or so year. Great player.

meamth

Wasn't he an injury prone player when he joined City?

How the hell did he reinvent himself into a goal scoring midfielder?

Noot

Supports
Manchester City
Wasn't he an injury prone player when he joined City?
Also applies to Haaland. I have to assume that BVB medical team is just really bad. They have so many injury-prone players.

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
Also applies to Haaland. I have to assume that BVB medical team is just really bad. They have so many injury-prone players.
Reus is the prime example. A true talent ruined by injuries.

Blood Mage

Like us then. I hope our new owner takes a look at our medical team to be honest because we have outrageous bad luck with injuries.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I think what’s most impressive about Gundogan is that he returned to such a high level after the back injuries, with a varied style. He was more of an exciting nippy dribbler type of midfield in his Dortmund days and then he evolved into a far more rounded midfielder at City

GlasgowCeltic

remember him absolutely dominating a game for Dortmund at City, looked an obvious signing for all the top sides

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Like us then. I hope our new owner takes a look at our medical team to be honest because we have outrageous bad luck with injuries.
With all the will in the world no doctor on the planet is going to prevent a Martial injury!

Righteous Steps

As much as I dislike Guardiola, Gundogan is a great example how he can improve already great player. He’s reached a new level at City and has been an invaluable asset for them

What?:lol:

Gundogan was one of the best midfielders in the world at Dortmund, he suffered a couple major injuries that altered the trajectory his career was going in.

Red Star One

What?:lol:

Gundogan was one of the best midfielders in the world at Dortmund, he suffered a couple major injuries that altered the trajectory his career was going in.
He was obviously great at Dortmund but he found a new level at City and added a lot to his game, including goals - no one really took him for a goal scorer, but he has 29 goals in the Premier League in last 3 seasons. Rashford scored 31 in the same time frame.

Righteous Steps

He was obviously great at Dortmund but he found a new level at City and added a lot to his game, including goals - no one really took him for a goal scorer, but he has 29 goals in the Premier League in last 3 seasons. Rashford scored 31 in the same time frame.
He hasn't found a new level, in fact you could argue he is still not at the level he was in the Dortmund team that made the Champions league final.

padr81

Supports
Man City
He hasn't found a new level, in fact you could argue he is still not at the level he was in the Dortmund team that made the Champions league final.
I agree, he's been phenomenal for us but Gundogan pre-injury at Dortmund was a little more agile and a little quicker, also a bit stronger physically.
An amazing player but injuries prevented him from being truly peak Modric level I feel. He's adapted his game to account for it, and is now a better goalscorer (at least in Peps system) but the player he was at Dortmund was set to be the best cm in the world.