Television I'm a Celebrity 2019

SteveTheRed

What's with the whole overly chivalrous theme this year? It seems like a backwards step for the show. The older blokes are peacocking hard to see who can sacrifice the most for the women.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Andrew has issues (nearly all comics whongo on seem to be needy depressed types), Ian Wright has always been a man-child and I think James' true nature will come out more as they get hungrier. His alpha male routine and the earlier dismisal of Jacq (over the first meal) and Kate (in the roast dinner order) speak to something there I reckon.

Overall though, this has been much more boring than any year I can remember so far. Still decent enough to watch, but definitely flat.

RedDevilRoshi

Andrew has issues (nearly all comics whongo on seem to be needy depressed types), Ian Wright has always been a man-child and I think James' true nature will come out more as they get hungrier. His alpha male routine and the earlier dismisal of Jacq (over the first meal) and Kate (in the roast dinner order) speak to something there I reckon.

Overall though, this has been much more boring than any year I can remember so far. Still decent enough to watch, but definitely flat.
Agree with that.

It’s been one of the poorest so far not just in terms of the celebrities in it but the actual show itself. At times, I’ve dosed off a couple of times or had my eyes on my phone and had to rewind it back incase I missed anything major.

AkaAkuma

First time in years I've watched it, I thought theyre supposed to lose weight and look malnurished? They don't seem to have lost any weight. Or is it still early doors.

I want to see James throw a fit as his muscles are weakening. All the chivalry will go and he'll get territorial over the rice and beans.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
First time in years I've watched it, I thought theyre supposed to lose weight and look malnurished? They don't seem to have lost any weight. Or is it still early doors.

I want to see James throw a fit as his muscles are weakening. All the chivalry will go and he'll get territorial over the rice and beans.
They eat loads these days because they're smashing trials. People aren't as scared of them now.

AkaAkuma

They eat loads these days because they're smashing trials. People aren't as scared of them now.
The next trial needs to be a crocodile pit then.

It would be so easy to ruffle James feathers. Have him do a trial, if he wins, either he gets a meal and the rest don't, or he goes with out. Ramp it up and watch him explode.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
The next trial needs to be a crocodile pit then.

It would be so easy to ruffle James feathers. Have him do a trial, if he wins, either he gets a meal and the rest don't, or he goes with out. Ramp it up and watch him explode.
haha yeah agreed. That's the direction it needs to go in.

Walters_19_MuFc

Shocker, James being a massive prick again.

The little lady should keep her emotions in check, but Ian is allowed to be a huge man baby.
He wouldnt dare to say anything to Ian thats why. Picks on who he feels he can get away with.

Even Myles got annoyed with him tonight.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Think they’re all walking on eggshells around Ian. Gets wound up about the stupidest things.

James becoming more and more a bellend.

Nadine has been the most surprising. Just a really nice down to earth happy girl. I had her all wrong before
Yea before it started I said to the missus I expected Nadine to be mega annoying but she’s great.

Her, Jacqueline and Roman all seem cool.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Could've done with another wannabe alpha nob in there to challenge James. That could've been fun.

RedDevilRoshi

Agree with the comments about Haskell. Definitely comes across as a proper bellend and thinks everyone should go by what he says. No one else’s opinion matters, just his.

cyberman

Wright would have been a nughtmare as a teammate.
Imagine asking him to do more up top or you go hard in training. Good job he was a fantastic goalscorer i suppose!

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
He's an absolute control freak and can't handle other people having a say in anything. Like when he lost the drinking task on purpose, instead of trying to win for Cliff as per the game, he took the opportunity to 'play God' and decided that he's above the game and gets to choose that Miles wins. He's always making a big show of 'ladies first' and putting himself last all the time as well, no doubt due to all the cameras there.

That said Kate was kind of annoying with her indecisiveness, she was almost trying to vote for both options at once just to appease others.

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
Supports
Man City
I have to say, going into this year I was dreading Caitlyn Jenner being on the show, but she's emerged as my favourite contestant. I have such a complicated relationship with her public persona and what she represents. On the one hand, I think it's wonderful that a very, very prominent celebrity can come out as transgender and (mostly) be accepted by the public at large, therefore normalising gender transitions and helping the public get used to the fact that quite a lot of people are out there in the wrong body. When she came out I was neck-deep in "woke Twitter" and her very public reveal was a huge tipping point for quite a lot of my trans friends to feel a little better about themselves and live as who they really were.

But ever since then she's revealed her true nature and has used her platform as an extremely wealthy woman to support the absolute worst of capitalism, throwing LGBT people under the bus in the process. First off, she's a disgracefully wealthy person and has more money than she even knows. She publicly backed Trump on several occasions and threw LGBT people under the bus during the election campaign - she's since retracted her support for him but the damage was done long ago when the rest of the world saw Trump for what he was before he even got into office. And I'm not entirely sure how she isn't in prison right now, given the circumstances around the traffic collision she was involved in a few years ago.

But there she is, despite her status, age, and everything else, getting properly stuck into camp life, the trials, and generally behaving like a normal person. Once the show is over it's likely I'll go back to trying to ignore her as much as possible because she'll slip back into all the habits that turned me off her initially, but I'd be fine if she won and I think she has the potential to as well.

Last edited:

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
"Tonight we feast like Kings...oh and Queens. It's 2019 ya know"

This guy is a walking, talking cliche.
Plus the whole chivalry thing that actually just meant him telling her how it is and that she doesn't get a say, under the (very thin) guise of him being chivalrous, despite saying they need to 'cut the chivalrous crap out'. That was kinda weird and dumb.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Plus the whole chivalry thing that actually just meant him telling her how it is and that she doesn't get a say, under the (very thin) guise of him being chivalrous, despite saying they need to 'cut the chivalrous crap out'. That was kinda weird and dumb.
If you were to sit down and right a character who was a classic over compensating chauvinist trying desperately to keep it all in check in front of cameras on a reality show, you'd struggle to get it as real as James.

He is a real knuckle dragger trying ever so hard to be smart. And apparantly "woke" as 2019 is the year you should include queens. He couldn't even get that bit quite right...

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
If you were to sit down and right a character who was a classic over compensating chauvinist trying desperately to keep it all in check in front of cameras on a reality show, you'd struggle to get it as real as James.

He is a real knuckle dragger trying ever so hard to be smart. And apparantly "woke" as 2019 is the year you should include queens. He couldn't even get that bit quite right...
I thought he was a nice bloke just rubbing everyone up the wrong way a bit early on but yeah, he's been a tit throughout.

AkaAkuma

Ladies first for 'all that chivalrous crap' and me first for all the rest of the things.

He seems totally oblivious to the fact that he's not chivalrous at all.