"I'm half the player under LvG"

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Wouldn't be at all surprised if it was Rooney... despite the fact he'd also be playing half as much.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Ander Herrera and he's welcome to join a new club in Spain next season.

saivet

Rooney, Herrera or Mata. Doubt it would be Ander, though I think it applies most him. Was Burt a Chelsea correspondent for The Telegraph? Maybe Mata then.

Classical Mechanic

Ander Herrera and he's welcome to join a new club in Spain next season.
He is certainly playing half of the minutes he could!

Probably Depay though, seems the most likely to operate in such a way and I hope that he is only going at 50% because he certainly looks like he is.

Rooney, Herrera or Mata. Doubt it would be Ander, though I think it applies most him. Was Burt a Chelsea correspondent for The Telegraph? Maybe Mata then.
Probably reads the Guardian.

Judas

Open to offers
Herrera doesn't seem the type to speak out, plus he genuinely seems to love playing for Utd.

Mata would make sense, it would be bizarre if it was Rooney seeing as LvG is bending over backwards to keep him in the team.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Herrera, Depay, Rooney, Fellaini...take your pick.
I don't think Depay would say that to a journalist a few months into his stint here. Doesn't strike me as a person that's chatty with the media.

ADJUDICATOR

Supports
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
Probably Fellaini.

I believe it applies to an offensive player since they've complained that the style of play doesn't help them, and I don't see Mata or Herrera being that tacky. Rooney's well aware that he's in a great spot in van Gaal's books so I'd be surprised if it was him. Martial's been playing well and Memphis has already had the media on his case. Fellaini's suffered the most this season in terms of minutes and output on the pitch despite doing okay last season.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
He should place a transfer request

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I don't who that is but he is right. He should say it to the coach though.

NJM78

Mata maybe but since he joined he has a lot of goals and assists, plus he seems to have a mare when given a more central role which I believe he craves. Cant be Depay as been playing in his preferred position plus I don't think LvG has turned him into Luke Chadwick all of a sudden. Maybe Herrera but surely his problem is actual playing time. Ashley Young...? He seems to be the only player constantly playing out of position. Cant be Rooney as he has had more chances than anyone despite poor form.
At the end of the day I do believe the story as not everyone can be content with van Gaal and his methods so I'm sure there are a few players with one gripe or another.

*if Fellaini, well I hope the toilet brush is sold in the summer.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I find it hard to believe any of the foreign players would be close enough to Jason Burt to tell him that. If the journalist was from Cadena SER or AS you might think it was one of the Spaniards, Jason Burt though...? If this comment is true its got to be from one of the British boys.

Classical Mechanic

I find it hard to believe any of the foreign players would be close enough to Jason Burt to tell him that. If the journalist was from Cadena SER or AS you might think it was one of the Spaniards, Jason Burt though...? If this comment is true its got to be from one of the British boys.
Herrera is very close to Andy Mitten for one and wanted to be a journalist. I can imagine that he would enjoy talking to them.

VanGaalEra

Only one of the English players would go to the press and make such a statement, unless it's been taken out of context and what the player means is that he still has a long way to go to improve and meet LVG's standards.

saivet

No disrespect to Fellaini, but I doubt it's him, because I think he should be grateful he's even at United.

For what it's worth, I kind of like him and he's useful but him kicking off? Not convinced.

Skills

Snitch
Could apply to so many, apart from the defenders, goalkeeper and defensive midfielders.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Thinking about it, it's probably Scholes.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
What about Pereira. Got him to stay then the kid is either stuck on the bench or left out completely. Maybe not happy Lingard has got in before him.

fan1996

DIEHARD: Changes support more than his underpants
Frankly, this statement could be coming from anyone in our senior squad, maybe with the exception of Smalling and DDG.

LVG is over-rated, and I am not saying this based on yesterday game. Of all important attributes that you want from a manager, LVG has shown none: Poor tactic, terrible attack idea, no influence during game, slow reaction to opponents' plan, bad substitution, poor relationship management. The few attributes that he is not completely terrible at are his tendency to give opportunity to youngsters and organizing defence (not great either). He run this team like a dictator and although I have no problem with dictatorship if the dictator is smart, this guy is the opposite to smartness and has been only lucky a few times in his career.

I might get some stick for this but if the club extend his contract for even just one more year I would seriously consider switching club to support. My hero is SAF and I've stood up with Moyes and LVG for 2.5 seasons now.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
What about Pereira. Got him to stay then the kid is either stuck on the bench or left out completely. Maybe not happy Lingard has got in before him.
None of the kids would be daft enough to risk their chance at United.

DomesticTadpole

Classical Mechanic

Only one of the English players would go to the press and make such a statement, unless it's been taken out of context and what the player means is that he still has a long way to go to improve and meet LVG's standards.
Are you not the guy who generally hates England and was slagging the women's world cup team?

Di Maria was leaking to the press last year and that is just one foreign player that has kicked up a stink at OT through the years. I think that we get less trouble from home nation players generally.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Herrera is very close to Andy Mitten for one and wanted to be a journalist. I can imagine that he would enjoy talking to them.
Andy Mitten lives in Spain. Its not like Herrera has any record of speaking extensively to non-Spain based journalists unless MUTV force him to.

DomesticTadpole

None of the kids would be daft enough to risk their chance at United.
Maybe it's Carrick, he was an established player here and bringing the other two has lessened his time. I know it was done for his benefit but maybe he feels he should play more. There again he's injured anyway.

Skills

Snitch
I would think that said player would not be talking to Jason Burt again. He might have told him in confidence and that trust has now been broken. Never trust a journalist lads.
Well it would be stupid for said player to assume that a journalist would keep something so tasty to himself. His name won't be released though - as Burt obviously won't want to lose a source inside the dressing room.

Boycott

I doubt it's him or any of the academy boys. If the quote is "I'm half the player" then the alleged player must be established in the first team since the likes of Pereira and Wilson have only had a handful of starts between them so we don't really have too much to stake their performances by.

Seveneric

Wow omg1!1!1!111!1! Scholes and the class of 76 leaking information to the press again to scupper LVG's job and get Giggs in as manager, when will they stop??!!!??!?!?!?!?!?