I'm mad and upset.......

justsomebloke

We literally just equalled Arsenal’s record for best Away streak..

Hardly a sackable offence.

From what I saw the problem was with the lineup.. Martial just doesn’t move to make himself space, he’s incapable of being a nuisance like Cavani. As soon as Greenwood went central we started to cause more problems with better movement.

Sancho bedding in will fix this once he’s in the starting lineup, Martial won’t be and IMO should be sold with DvB asap

The other problem I saw was Bissaka. He quite simply is just not good enough in attack and our plays regularly break down when he’s involved. He’s ok in defence, sure, but we need more attacking dynamism for games like this. Likely Trippier was pencilled in for this, so let’s see.

We don’t need knee jerk reactions though.

Sancho and Varane will soon bed in. An attacking RB will hopefully join the squad and we’ll be good.

Add Haaland next year and we’re for sure Champions League contenders
Not only a simplistic view of the remedy, but also an inaccurate description of events. Actually, Sancho's entrance and Greenwood going central coincided with our offensive lights going out. Our only really good period was prior to that. Not saying that's due to Martial or Sancho, but for whatever reason we got worse rather than better when Martial went off and Sancho came on.

Which is one of the things I am a little worried about in this game, to tell the truth, although it's no more than a nagging suspicion at this point. The same thing happened late when James went off against Leeds, although in that case we had a comfortable lead which might explain the gradual ease-off towards the end. Or maybe there's something about James and Martial stretching defences in a way that opens things up for others.