I'm not watching Europa League (actually I am, because we're playing Milan)

Stretfordender

I’ll watch it and get behind the lads, but feck it’s going to be painful viewing.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Yeah feck it. Depressing tournament.

Godfather

After the first emotions settled I have to disagree. A chance to actually win something.

Paul_Scholes18

I want to win it. Going to be hard though.

Go for it 100% unless we are still in the title race then we can rotate a bit I guess.

Get In Scholesy

I’ll watch, but the club might have to make a business decision here. Do we really have the squad for it, considering this pandemic affected season? The scheduling will be a nightmare, a good opportunity to focus on the league as the majority of the other clubs around us are in Europe to some capacity.

But on the flip-side, Ole might be desperate for a cup, given his record last season.

Anyways, a shit scenario but i’m used to it at this point

croadyman

I’ll watch, but the club might have to make a business decision here. Do we really have the squad for it, considering this pandemic affected season? The scheduling will be a nightmare, a good opportunity to focus on the league as the majority of the other clubs around us are in Europe to some capacity.

But on the flip-side, Ole might be desperate for a cup, given his record last season.

Well if he's desperate for a cup I am sure there is someone in a less competitive league who would happily take him

thegregster

Harbinger of new information

We will have played around 21 games in the PL when it kicks off again. We will be will out of the 4 race by then IMO.

Ludens the Red

Should be able to rotate and negotiate most rounds until the Semis unless we’re unlucky and get a shit draw. Very rarely do you get a difficult game in the last 32/16/8 Last year we had Brugge, Lask and Copenhagen and under Mourinho St Ettiene, Anderlecht and Rostov. We should be able to rest half our team and win these games.

Bwuk

It’ll probably be our only chance of the CL next year.

Heinzesight

Thursday/Sunday shite and always playing catch up to teams ahead of us in the league, PL teams in the CL sometimes having Tuesday/Sunday, etc. It’s just shit. But of course I’ll watch. Pray we just blood some of the youngsters and if we go out not massively arsed. If we are way off the pace in the league/top four then go for it.

Red00012

Knee Jerk

Most of ye will be watching.

just like posters on match day thread say “turned it off after 20mins “ yet they then go on here to tell us and stay online commenting

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
The absolute disrespect in this forum is an absolute joke.

Oh I don’t want to watch because we got kicked out of the UCL. :(

It’s a european trophy and if we win it, it’s another trophy to add to the cabinet.

Entitlement on show in here tonight is disgusting.

Don’t want to watch because it’s Thursday night football?

Fantastic fans you all are! Only support them when you feel like it eh?

Isnt the whole point of supporting a club to follow them through thick and thin?

Some of you need a hard long look at yourselves and re-consider supporting the club that you claim you love.

Don’t you think the club needs our support now more than ever?

Oh wait. No. I forgot. This fanbase on this forum absolutely HATE supporting the club and hope Ole gets sacked everygame but when United go on a winning run it’s the players fault and not Ole’s. But when we lose it’s entirely Ole’s fault. How could I forget!

Let’s get Poch in, blow our load because we do well for a brief perioud and then run out of steam, lose a load of games and then rinse and repeat the process.

This is how that works? Right?

Web of Bissaka

:D I'm going to watch it!

Our trophy cabinet only had just one EL trophy. Get more. At least win something this time even if it's a small trophy.

But more importantly..
More game times to watch and learn Dean better, as does opportunity for new young players to break through eg. Pellistri, incoming Diallo, new youth etc.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Winning EL felt like a small stepping stone we needed to make after Fergie, which we achieved already under Jose. Now it holds no meaning to us. The only reason winning it would be slightly exciting is if we had a new manager that came in and won it in their first season. It would offer them a good platform to build from.

Other than that, I doubt many will have an interest in it at all.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Winning EL felt like a small stepping stone we needed to make after Fergie, which we achieved already under Jose. Now it holds no meaning to us. The only reason winning it would be slightly exciting is if we had a new manager that came in and won it in their first season. It would offer them a good platform to build from.

Other than that, I doubt many will have an interest in it at all.
Winning trophies means nothing now??

Oh. That’s news to me.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
It's difficult to work up the enthusiasm for the EL alright especially after the disappointment of today, but by the time it comes around, if we get close to the final then it'll become more watchable.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
I will if I have nothing better to do, which is quite likely.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
We'll get bummed by Jose's Spurs if we're lucky. We'll get bummed by Stevie Starfish's Rangers if we're not.

Tarrou

I'd bin it off if I was Ole

having no Europe is going to be a massive advantage in the league this year

Goku23

Were now officially a joke we beat PSG away snashed Leipzig at home and go out becsuse we once again lost to a crap team its always the crap teams we should of beat Istanbul twice and tonight wouldnt have mattered im not watching either had enough

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
They just don''t deserve our attention on Thursday nights (and now I've remembered how much it's going to affect our Premier League schedule – most games on Sundays...).

We're giving up on Europe, so we can focus on finishing in Top 4 in the league, so we qualify for the Champions League, which we'll give up on, so we can focus on finishing in Top 4 (...).

I've enjoyed those last 15 minutes – that's why supporting this club is unpredictable, but... we've had a lot of surprises, too.

You would have been exactly the type of supporter we needed that year we got relegated. Talk about entitled.

archiebald

Well at least Sevilla won't be there this year to beat us since they qualified for the round of 16 in the CL.

ti vu

After the first emotions settled I have to disagree. A chance to actually win something.
But tough chance given the circumstances due to congested schedule this season. The tournament format at the end of last season was the best chance to push for it. EL football between league games almost fecked us last season. This season there is even more competition in the league.

el3mel

But tough chance given the circumstances due to congested schedule this season. The tournament format at the end of last season was the best chance to push for it. EL football between league games almost fecked us last season. This season there is even more competition in the league.
If the unthinkable happens and Real Madrid drop to EL, I really don't see any chance for other club to win it this season. As bad as they have been this season, they are better than everyone else in this competition.

The Oracle

What a lot of people don't realise is that there are an extra 2 matches to play in the Europa League knock-outs (Round of 32 home and away), compared to the Champions League (starts at Round of 16)... not good in an already busy fixtures list.

Here are another few negatives...
- Every time Mourinho has managed a team in Europa League/Uefa Cup, he has won it
- No team that has won the Europa League/Uefa Cup, has won the Premier League in the same season
- Based on this, it is possible that Liverpool will only have Chelsea to fend off in the league
- This is not good

And now time for a positive....

We're still in Europe! :)

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
feck this shit.

I'm not staying up till 4am local time just to watch this shit team get out played and out runned.

No point in us playing it when the players don't give a feck about it and it'll just make us drop points in the league when Ole complains the players are tired.

croadyman

Just play the youth players who will actually care about playing in this competition

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
What a lot of people don't realise is that there are an extra 2 matches to play in the Europa League knock-outs (Round of 32 home and away), compared to the Champions League (starts at Round of 16)... not good in an already busy fixtures list.

Here are another few negatives...
- Every time Mourinho has managed a team in Europa League/Uefa Cup, he has won it
- No team that has won the Europa League/Uefa Cup, has won the Premier League in the same season
- Based on this, it is possible that Liverpool will only have Chelsea to fend off in the league
- This is not good

And now time for a positive....

We're still in Europe! :)
You thought United had a chance in the league :lol::lol: