In Memoriam: Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II (feat. Gameweek 8)

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I mean, when the alternative is Stones and McGuire, it doesn’t sound far fetched.
The quality of CB’s that England produced has been shocking for awhile.
From Terry, Rio, Campbell, King to Smalling, Jones and Gary Cahill. And now Dier, Stones and McGuire.

Its been poor, peak Gary Cahill would be comfortably England’s best CB now.
Tomori is better. So is Stones.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I think he meant they might live in the UK. But if so, why not just say that?

feck knows. Maybe he actually thought you think there's a law keeping Koreans in Korea.
Seems like he's had too many shandies.

Clearly was saying it's a LONG trip for South Koreans to visit Son - and if he didn't even play would be upsetting for them.

To be rewarded off the bench with a hattrick in that fashion, you could see how delighted the ones in the crowd were.

cjj

Supports
Spurs
I think he meant they might live in the UK. But if so, why not just say that?

feck knows. Maybe he actually thought you think there's a law keeping Koreans in Korea.
Well no, he said "Got to feel happy for the koreans, they travel all that way..." .

I'm not sure why someone would immediately dismiss them as tourists or something just because they might be Korean. It's a football team, at home, in one of the most multi-cultural cities in the world.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Well no, he said "Got to feel happy for the koreans, they travel all that way..." .

I'm not sure why someone would immediately dismiss them as tourists or something just because they might be Korean. It's a football team, at home, in one of the most multi-cultural cities in the world.
is it not well known plenty of fans travel from Korea to see Son? it’s just nitpicking. Whether they’re based here or not the point is still valid.

RopersReturn

the main problem is the this long drawn out 'mourning' period and force worship by big corp plus media is totally unnecessary.
It is costing working people(or the plebs to the royal high caste..) money and enjoyment

cant wait until the 20th!
Ive just heard the BBC is being rebranded Mournhub.

NoPace

I mean, when the alternative is Stones and McGuire, it doesn’t sound far fetched.
The quality of CB’s that England produced has been shocking for awhile.
From Terry, Rio, Campbell, King to Smalling, Jones and Gary Cahill. And now Dier, Stones and McGuire.

Its been poor, peak Gary Cahill would be comfortably England’s best CB now.
I just have zero idea if Conte turning Dier into a decent defender will translate. That said, it looks like 3 at the back for England so might as well have Dier centrally in charge, two decent options on the right in Stones and Walker and then I guess you gotta play Guehi on the left because at least he plays on that side every week and he's quick. You can always sub in Maguire for the last 20 minutes if you're just holding on I guess.

England have lots of talent, but no serious #8 until Bellingham matures and the CBs are weak, and I'm not sure there's really a formation to hide that other than playing Moyes ball and hoping Rice and Phillips can turn the midfield into a draw and Kane up top can create a lot with either Mount as a hard-working 10 or Grealish told to go win the game by himself, and I guess play Rashford and Bowen on the wings and hope they get in behind a couple times a game. Also there's no real left-back in the squad, but I guess you could play Chilwell against weaker teams and I guess Reece James on the left and Walker on the right in knockout games. But the football would be truly awful.

I'd be shocked if England can play one way through the tournament. They're probably going to need one team to play football and break down Iran (always annoying), the Americans and Wales and win the group and then reset completely for the knockout fixtures. At the moment, my bet will probably be that England wins the group but then loses in the round of 16 to Senegal, who are a quietly decent squad, have a tough if unskilled midfield (Kouyate, Gana Gueye, Mendy) who know the Prem well, a front 3 that makes sense since their 9 scores consistently for them and Mane and Sarr are good on the counter and Diallo-Kouyate is a good CB pairing.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Jesus spends a lot of time on the ground.

Zoo

Arteta once standing right on the touch line with his OTT histrionics. The 4th official does nothing.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Brentford have offered nothing. No agression, no getting tight in the Arsenal players.

kaku06

Vulgarian
Of course that cnut mbuemo and elite striker Toney won’t be able to make even a pass today.

JustAGuest

That's their 17th league goal from a corner counting last season. By comparison we have scored 5 during that same period. Big difference between us and Arsenal that we need to sort out.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Thought like last season Arsenal would drop points today given the form Brentford are in.

Made things look very simple so far.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Game over. Brentford haven't fancied it. Losing to shit teams like this is always painful.