Incredible goal scored in Swedish second division

B Cantona

Desperate
Thing is any pub player with a decent shot on him could potentially score a MvB goal
What world are you living in?!?! :wenger:

Was a special strike against top opposition on the biggest of occasions for good measure

Far easier to strike a volley when it's already under your control than when it's dropping from a great height out of the air

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
What world are you living in?!?! :wenger:

Was a special strike against top opposition on the biggest of occasions for good measure

Far easier to strike a volley when it's already under your control than when it's dropping from a great height out of the air
When it's under your control it's easier to put it where you want, yes. But if you want real power you would want the ball to come at you as fast as possible.

Volleys are overrated imo, the element of luck cannot be ignored. If you connect well it can really look fantastic.

Edman at Anfield > MvB 88

Jacob

Im all for praising the player rather than discrediting them for flukes, I for one have never seen anybody attempt a cross with maximum power to it

Jacob

So A world class player can do something twice (off the top of my head) and it's a fluke whereas when a sweedish second division player does something once he meant it?

Right...
That's the thing, the fact that he's not a famous footballer makes it a fluke, I don't see the logic in that. There are players with better technical ability in my backyard than players at the world cup.

Spammy

Being watched; will learn to post in the correct f
Gloves are worn for traction primarily. Someone li
So A world class player can do something twice (off the top of my head) and it's a fluke whereas when a sweedish second division player does something once he meant it?

Right...
I can't see what you're getting at. There's no way this lad was crossing, surely if you are bonkers enough to believe that Maicon was shooting you'd give this Swede the benefit too?

phelans shorts

I can't see what you're getting at. There's no way this lad was crossing, surely if you are bonkers enough to believe that Maicon was shooting you'd give this Swede the benefit too?
But maicon has done that exact same thing before, so he must be given the benefit of the doubt, whereas I don't know enough of this guy to give him the benefit.

mufcwarm92

I find it hard to believe how people can argue so much about whether a player meant it. Who gives a shit, just enjoy the goal!

Spammy

Being watched; will learn to post in the correct f
Gloves are worn for traction primarily. Someone li
But maicon has done that exact same thing before, so he must be given the benefit of the doubt, whereas I don't know enough of this guy to give him the benefit.
Well, it's fairly obvious for the volley how deliberate it is. Whereas with Maicon if he meant it (he didn't) or not the only thing that is obvious is that there is room for debate.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It's a good goal, very good. It's certainly not incredible though.