India politics thread

gajender

No. Art. 226 is wider in nature and covers legal rights too and not just fundamental rights.
Ok but what legal rights or fundamental rights government is infringing upon by not imposing lockdown and trying to handle the situation way they are incompetence of governments should not conflated with violations of these rights.

coolredwine

lameredboots
All criticism of the Government aside, I am genuinely baffled at the "second wave", and at the severity of it. Most countries that had a second wave experienced it after they opened up - we have been opened up for months already and the numbers kept on going down which suggested that there was at least some sort of herd immunity that had developed. There was even crowd allowed in one of the cricket matches against England and no one had much of an issue with it as the caseload kept on going down. Now all of a sudden, the situation has gotten so bad that there are people dying outside hospitals as our healthcare system is stretched beyond capacity. How did this come to be? Did the natural immunity that the population had gained against the virus started tapering off over time which allowed people who were previously infected to become effective carriers again? Is this due to the mutation in the virus? Will Covid become seasonal like the flu?
Might answer few of your questions: https://indianexpress.com/article/india/covid-virus-strain-india-gene-study-7280783/

MDFC Manager

So Fadnavis ineligible kin can get vaccines (and brag about it on SM). Yet we're to believe that his intentions were good with th remdesivir hoarding...

MDFC Manager

As someone said on Twitter, that address by dear leader was as useful as slapping on a band-aid onto someone who got dismembered.

prateik

To me it sounded like taking a jab at Delhi and Maha who have announced lockdowns (tomorrow for Maharashtra) .. its so silly..

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
does anyone know how the vaccine distribution is going to work now? anyone can get it an any price from anywhere? chemists will keep it?
my parents have taken one dose, will the other one still be available to them?

prateik

does anyone know how the vaccine distribution is going to work now? anyone can get it an any price from anywhere? chemists will keep it?
my parents have taken one dose, will the other one still be available to them?
From what I understand.. 50% will be used to carry on vaccinating the over 45s for free at govt centres.. the way it is right now. The other 50% will be on sale for state govts to buy and distribute and decide who they want to vaccinate (most will just open it for everyone) .

Still need to go to vaccination centres to get vaccinated.. the pricing might be different..

The issue is, we are vaccinating 30-40L/day .. a large large portion (80+%) getting their first dose as the spacing was increased to 6-8 weeks before the speed was ramped up.
In about 4 weeks, we'll have 30L people every day waiting for their second dose... and our current production capacity is about 25L/day... Sputnik will come in a few weeks, but the second dose will have to be the same as the first (covishield) .. and SII got their grant to ramp up production, but that takes a good few weeks too..

They have said the second dose will be prioritized over new 1st doses..

Basically. we are fecked in the very short term..

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
does anyone living in maharashtra know if they're fudging the numbers too? i know BMC was doing it in the early part of the first wave. this time almost all the reports about that are from UP and some from gujarat.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
From what I understand.. 50% will be used to carry on vaccinating the over 45s for free at govt centres.. the way it is right now. The other 50% will be on sale for state govts to buy and distribute and decide who they want to vaccinate (most will just open it for everyone) .

Still need to go to vaccination centres to get vaccinated.. the pricing might be different..

The issue is, we are vaccinating 30-40L/day .. a large large portion (80+%) getting their first dose as the spacing was increased to 6-8 weeks before the speed was ramped up.
In about 4 weeks, we'll have 30L people every day waiting for their second dose... and our current production capacity is about 25L/day... Sputnik will come in a few weeks, but the second dose will have to be the same as the first (covishield) .. and SII got their grant to ramp up production, but that takes a good few weeks too..

They have said the second dose will be prioritized over new 1st doses..

Basically. we are fecked in the very short term..
thanks.
ya, the main bottleneck seems to be the production rather than the distribution.

prateik

does anyone living in maharashtra know if they're fudging the numbers too? i know BMC was doing it in the early part of the first wave. this time almost all the reports about that are from UP and some from gujarat.
I dont know what the official way of counting Covid deaths in India is.. I know UK reports deaths within 28 days of testing positive .. Similar for the US.
I have heard of 2 cases (1 back in Nov and one recently) where people died after getting covid and getting sick, but were testing negative just before they died.. (within 28 days) .. If we arent counting those, we dont need to fudge numbers to have the numbers a lot lower than the real tally.

do we have a doctor here who knows what the protocol is?

MDFC Manager

Many untested aren't getting admitted because lack of beds and dying before they get one. So I think those types of cases aren't being logged as covid deaths

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Opening up whatsapp and twitter is depressing these days.

My friend today needed oxygen and needed to be admitted to a hospital since his oxygen level dropped below 85, we tried numerous numbers floating on social media, all of them were dead ends. Either the phone was switched off or there was no oxygen left anywhere. Same with hospitals, we contacting numerous hospitals for a couple of hours asking about availability of beds + oxygen and all of them said no beds with oxygen were available. We finally managed to get one in a good govt hospital after some pull.

What the haryana and up govt are doing is criminal in stopping/hampering transit of oxygen into delhi.

gorky_utd

Really poor condition regarding covid. No body were wearing masks when situation improved. I remember that I was wearing mask in public places and people were looking at me as if I was doing something wrong. We are paying the price of incompetence of both general public and govt.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Opening up whatsapp and twitter is depressing these days.

My friend today needed oxygen and needed to be admitted to a hospital since his oxygen level dropped below 85, we tried numerous numbers floating on social media, all of them were dead ends. Either the phone was switched off or there was no oxygen left anywhere. Same with hospitals, we contacting numerous hospitals for a couple of hours asking about availability of beds + oxygen and all of them said no beds with oxygen were available. We finally managed to get one in a good govt hospital after some pull.

What the haryana and up govt are doing is criminal in stopping/hampering transit of oxygen into delhi.

There are two aspects to this imo . Most countries including developed ones have suffered because of covid and most big cities have had horrendous situations. What is heartbreaking about India for me is the apathy that has come from the governments at this time. I can't even imagine people having to watch their loved ones suffer & die in a lot of cases while trying to run around pillar to post to get a bed /oxygen etc . Help is also coming from other people on social media while the government has just basically given up . That's just so heartbreaking

Interval

Level
Nope. No fudging. The problem is that there is an unwarranted fear amongst the working class that tests are intentionally being shown positive to boost hospital income. So many are just not considering testing. Even if they're mildly sick. I know someone who's struggling to make ends meet because he's 60 and both his sons lost their jobs. We found a place that was willing to employ one of the sons as a store manager with the condition that he test and join. Refused.

The latest bhakti messages going around are how Modi had to sacrifice himself and some of his workers so that Mamta can be removed from WB. That this was something that was necessary. Will these guys not stop at anything to justify the buffoonery?

reddevilchennai

In 2024 elections, BJP will win mostly. People forgot the Demonitization mishap and gave this government a majority in 2019 elections.

Prior to 2024 elections, there will be news of terrorist attack, India Pakistan war, Ram temple in Ayodhya and people will forget the pain everyone undergone during the pandemic. What BJP needs is Hindu Muslim hatred and winning the cow belt regions which will give them enough MPs to emerge as the leading party.

What congress needs to do to prevent this is to form a strong alliance with DMK, CPI, CPM, SP, RJD, Shiv Sena and whatever party which is against BJP. Congress needs to do work on grass root level as BJP does and make a strong IT cell which spreads facts against the BJP lies.

If BJP comes to power for 3rd time, it will be the end of India. The power hungry BJP should be kicked out if India wants to progress in to a better way.

PS: I am not a congress supporter. I'm one of the Indian who was fooled by media by Gujarat model etc and I have felt that I was wrong to have voted for BJP alliance in 2014. Wish many people realise this and vote accordingly.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
In 2024 elections, BJP will win mostly. People forgot the Demonitization mishap and gave this government a majority in 2019 elections.

Prior to 2024 elections, there will be news of terrorist attack, India Pakistan war, Ram temple in Ayodhya and people will forget the pain everyone undergone during the pandemic. What BJP needs is Hindu Muslim hatred and winning the cow belt regions which will give them enough MPs to emerge as the leading party.

What congress needs to do to prevent this is to form a strong alliance with DMK, CPI, CPM, SP, RJD, Shiv Sena and whatever party which is against BJP. Congress needs to do work on grass root level as BJP does and make a strong IT cell which spreads facts against the BJP lies.

If BJP comes to power for 3rd time, it will be the end of India. The power hungry BJP should be kicked out if India wants to progress in to a better way.

PS: I am not a congress supporter. I'm one of the Indian who was fooled by media by Gujarat model etc and I have felt that I was wrong to have voted for BJP alliance in 2014. Wish many people realise this and vote accordingly.
Let's hope more (young) Indians who were taken in by the Indian Trump think the way you do.

MDFC Manager

Am I reading this right? Supreme court has postponed hearing about oxygen shortage to next week? @VidaRed @harshad @coolredwine

fecking hell the shortage is right now, not next week. They were glad to consider Arknobheads petition on an urgent basis (who happens to be one of the biggest oxygen wasters in the country) :houllier:

MDFC Manager

These are the kind people you're electing @Baksuz

Can't have rallies anymore, so get promises of free vaccines instead. Just like how the Biharis good theirs :wenger:

harshad

Play the odds, not the man - Poor man's Harvey
Scout
On a long road that returns to Old Trafford!!!
Am I reading this right? Supreme court has postponed hearing about oxygen shortage to next week? @VidaRed @harshad @coolredwine

fecking hell the shortage is right now, not next week. They were glad to consider Arknobheads petition on an urgent basis (who happens to be one of the biggest oxygen wasters in the country) :houllier:
Yes. Its now being taken on Tuesday. Court could have easily sat tomorrow :mad:

Member 60376

These are the kind people you're electing @Baksuz

Can't have rallies anymore, so get promises of free vaccines instead. Just like how the Biharis good theirs :wenger:

I know what I'm doing and what I'm not. I'd appreciate if you stop assuming things on my behalf.

AshRK

Field a leader who is not named Gandhi for starter. I completely agree with you BJP/Modi leading the country for 15 years is not good. Something needs to change, 2 years have passed since Modi won and nothing has changed. Rahul is still here and BJP govt is continuing to take things for granted.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC

Yeah but the high court will continue to hear the matter and issue directions as required because the SC backed off from transferring the matter to itself.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
I know what I'm doing and what I'm not. I'd appreciate if you stop assuming things on my behalf.
I take it your more anti-tmc than pro-bjp ?

My relatives in UP voted for bjp in the 2019 election because the SP candidate was a goon who had a beef with the said relatives. There was no congress/bsp candidate due to the alliance. That SP guy has got multiple cases against him and he's even in jail now for one of them.

coolredwine

lameredboots

The guy who clubbed all these cases and transferred them to SC has now retired. I don’t even know whether this is funny or depressing.

Interval

Level
It's all fallen apart. 25-40 yr olds are dying. Really connected people begging for injections on twitter. I'm getting 4 calls a day for either oxygen or Remidesivir and I'm in bloody finance.

The positivity rates of tests are high despite higher reported.cases meaning god knows.how many more are walking around infecting others. And feck knows if they open vaccination centers for 18+ without requisite no's secured.whatll happen at the centers.

I know that this is a phase and it shall pass. But it's sad knowing that in 6 months we won't remember or care and that's just how it will be

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
It's all fallen apart. 25-40 yr olds are dying. Really connected people begging for injections on twitter. I'm getting 4 calls a day for either oxygen or Remidesivir and I'm in bloody finance.

The positivity rates of tests are high despite higher reported.cases meaning god knows.how many more are walking around infecting others. And feck knows if they open vaccination centers for 18+ without requisite no's secured.whatll happen at the centers.

I know that this is a phase and it shall pass. But it's sad knowing that in 6 months we won't remember or care and that's just how it will be
I'm certain everyone in Delhi and Mumbai is eventually going to get it. We're having a positivity rate of 33%, and we have stopped testing for RT-PCR for the last few days because of the backlog in the results.

With that high a positivity rate + a lot of people not showing proper symptoms, I think we're past the point of no return in the two cities now, unfortunately.

Interval

Level
I'm certain everyone in Delhi and Mumbai is eventually going to get it. We're having a positivity rate of 33%, and we have stopped testing for RT-PCR for the last few days because of the backlog in the results.

With that high a positivity rate + a lot of people not showing proper symptoms, I think we're past the point of no return in the two cities now, unfortunately.
We couldn't vaccinate our grandad due to his BP being troublesome a month ago or so. Now we are stuck whether to take him to a crowded center and risk it or.keep him at home and just wait it out.

I saw an article on Amit Shah holding a damn inauguration for an oxygen plant in Gujarat. Man, I just don't get these guys. I'm at my wit's end on how to keep the family safe