India politics thread

Suv666

Yeah how the feck is he an IIT graduate. Hope he stays behind bars.
Tbf I have seen IIT graduates posting some really questionable takes on Quora and Reddit. Extremely right wing and sexist bunch.
This is a new low though

coolredwine

lameredboots
IIT Hyderabad Graduate Threatened Virat Kohli's Daughter Online: Police
The man who gave rape threats to Virat Kohli's daughter, an IIT Hyderabad graduate with a history of online trolling using multiple identities, is currently in prison in Mumbai after his arrest in Hyderabad on Wednesday.

Mumbai: The young man arrested over rape threats to Virat Kohli's nine-month-old daughter is an IIT Hyderabad graduate with a history of online trolling using multiple identities, the police said today. But to his family and friends, he was a diligent topper planning higher studies in the US.

Ram Nagesh Srinivas Akubathini, 23, is a software engineer who had been working with a prominent food delivery app in Bengaluru until a month ago. He quit his job to prepare for a master's degree in the US.

He is in lock-up in Mumbai after his arrest in Hyderabad on Wednesday. In a few days, he would have headed to a US University but he had not bargained on getting caught.

A class 10 topper, Ram Nagesh was known to study hard, well into the night. He kept to himself and his interactions were mostly online, according to those close to him.

A Telangana police officer said Ram Nagesh's father works in an ordnance factory at Sanga Reddy in Medak district. His father and a friend have gone with him to Mumbai.

Ram Nagesh, who reportedly ranked 2367 in the IIT-JEE or entrance exam, has a younger brother. The family, described as upper middle class, did not know of his trolling activities, the police say.

They just knew that he was passionate about cricket and had been upset after India's defeat in back-to-back T20 World Cup matches, first to Pakistan and then New Zealand.

Ram Nagesh followed an account called "Gappistan Radio" that had tweeted against Virat Kohli, which led to a Twitter war between fans and haters, said Mumbai police sources.

After his late night tweet threatening the cricket captain's baby daughter, Ram Nagesh allegedly deactivated the account in the morning, realising he had made a huge mistake. He deleted two more accounts. But Virat Kohli's manager had already complained to the Mumbai Police Cyber Cell and an FIR (First Information Report) had been filed.

His family claims he posted the rape threat "accidentally". He "must have mistyped after removing his lenses and he immediately deleted the post", his father said.

When the tweet screenshot went viral and was flagged to the police in Mumbai and Delhi, Ram Nagesh allegedly changed his Twitter handle (@ramanheist) and pretended to be a Pakistani user @criccrazyygirl. But his handle was tracked down by fact-check websites. He also used another handle, @pellikuturuhere, which means "bride" in Telugu and indicated that the twitter handle belonged to a Telugu-speaking person.

Vicious comments had appeared on social media after India's loss to Pakistan in the T20 World Cup in Dubai on October 24. Virat Kohli was also attacked after he spoke out against the incessant trolling of his teammate, Mohammed Shami, over his religion, after the loss.

"Attacking someone over their religion is the most pathetic thing one can do as a human. That is a very sacred and personal thing. People take out their frustration because they have no understanding of what we do," Virat Kohli had reporters before the match with New Zealand.

"We're playing on the field, we're not a bunch of spineless people on social media. This has become a source of entertainment for some people which is very sad. All this drama created on the outside is based on people's frustrations. We stand by him 200 per cent. Our brotherhood in the team cannot be shaken," Mr Kohli had said.

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/iit...ghter-online-with-rape-threats-police-2606844
What a cop out by his parents and friends. NOVWL.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
My rank was ~ 3000 but I did not take up admit in Textlie or whatever I was getting in IITD.
i got lucky in that sense - i'm guessing you're ~5 years older, because during that time the number of courses/seats increased a lot.
though even my course a lot of people tried to avoid (5 yr msc chem, iitb).

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
i got lucky in that sense - i'm guessing you're ~5 years older, because during that time the number of courses/seats increased a lot.
though even my course a lot of people tried to avoid (5 yr msc chem, iitb).
This was in 2002. Incidentally my friend who did join IITD for Textile was able to switch to M.Tech dual Chem after the first year and has since been raking it in at Schlumberger.

RedDevil@84

RedDevil@84

My RW friends are working overtime to call this Modi's gift for farmers. Masterstroke.

All this time they were calling farmers as fools for protesting the laws which have been created for their benefit.

Heads I win, Tails you lose

RedDevil@84

It really was excellent. And to further prove his point, one India is appreciating it while one India is slaughtering him for it.
It is like Salman Khurshid comparing Hindutva to terrorism and the idiots burning his house, which proved his point.

RedDevil@84

Are they scared of losing UP?
The rumour on the streets is that the decision is to get Punjab. Captain cannot join hands with BJP till the farm laws thing is sorted out. So now he can join the BJP gang and together they can defeat Congress and gain power.

Suv666

The rumour on the streets is that the decision is to get Punjab. Captain cannot join hands with BJP till the farm laws thing is sorted out. So now he can join the BJP gang and together they can defeat Congress and gain power.
This makes more sense than UP.
Surely this wont work though? Caption doesn't have the clout to pull that off. BJP has been calling farmers Khalistani for a year now.

dal

My RW friends are working overtime to call this Modi's gift for farmers. Masterstroke.

All this time they were calling farmers as fools for protesting the laws which have been created for their benefit.

Heads I win, Tails you lose
How exactly is it for their benefit?

RedDevil@84

This makes more sense than UP.
Surely this wont work though? Caption doesn't have the clout to pull that off. BJP has been calling farmers Khalistani for a year now.
Here we go

https://www.business-standard.com/a...rward-to-working-with-bjp-121111900314_1.html

"Great news! Thankful to PM @narendramodi ji for acceding to the demands of every Punjabi & repealing the 3 black laws on the pious occasion of #GuruNanakJayanti," Amarinder Singh tweeted.

"I am sure the central govt will continue to work in tandem for the development of Kisani! #NoFarmers_NoFood @AmitShah."
Amarinder Singh told a news channel after the announcement by Modi about the Centre's decision to take back its farm laws that his party is ready to hold talks with the BJP on seat sharing for the forthcoming Assembly elections in Punjab.
He appealed to the protesting farmers to end their protest outside borders of the national capital and return to their native places.
In a series of tweets, the former Chief Minister said, "This has not only come as huge relief to farmers but has paved way for Punjab's progress. I look forward to working closely with @BJP4India led centre for development of Kisans. I promise Punjab's people I won't rest till I wipe every tear from every single eye."
In another tweet he said, "Huge huge day for all of us in Punjab. I'd been pursuing the matter with Centre for last 1+ year & had met @narendramodi ji @AmitShah ji requesting them to heed the voice of our annadaatas. Really happy they've heard farmers & understood our concerns."

Suv666

Here we go

https://www.business-standard.com/a...rward-to-working-with-bjp-121111900314_1.html

"Great news! Thankful to PM @narendramodi ji for acceding to the demands of every Punjabi & repealing the 3 black laws on the pious occasion of #GuruNanakJayanti," Amarinder Singh tweeted.

"I am sure the central govt will continue to work in tandem for the development of Kisani! #NoFarmers_NoFood @AmitShah."
Amarinder Singh told a news channel after the announcement by Modi about the Centre's decision to take back its farm laws that his party is ready to hold talks with the BJP on seat sharing for the forthcoming Assembly elections in Punjab.
He appealed to the protesting farmers to end their protest outside borders of the national capital and return to their native places.
In a series of tweets, the former Chief Minister said, "This has not only come as huge relief to farmers but has paved way for Punjab's progress. I look forward to working closely with @BJP4India led centre for development of Kisans. I promise Punjab's people I won't rest till I wipe every tear from every single eye."
In another tweet he said, "Huge huge day for all of us in Punjab. I'd been pursuing the matter with Centre for last 1+ year & had met @narendramodi ji @AmitShah ji requesting them to heed the voice of our annadaatas. Really happy they've heard farmers & understood our concerns."
Yeah saw this. If Congress loses Punjab then it should dissolve.

Suv666

So the months of protests, the deaths the chakka jams and bharat bandhs meant feck all. All it took was a way to win Punjab.
Power hungry fanta fascists.

RedDevil@84

So the months of protests, the deaths the chakka jams and bharat bandhs meant feck all. All it took was a way to win Punjab.
Power hungry fanta fascists.
Modiji is doing it all for the country. To ensure that Khalistanis don't win.