India politics thread

Neelu

Likes to eat cement and rubber but not boogers
:lol:

That's the best bit. The beggar himself is quite cool about it but the guy questioning him seems desperate for beggar to blame the move.
In the very next tweet its mentioned that his landlord is going to help himself out. We are Indians, everyone has some jugaad.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
Love the Dirty money WUM:lol:, if i had any id probably worried about how i take care of it than posting on a forum.
No i dint take that video.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
Awww. What did that blind beggar do till now? He just gave note to someone when he wanted to buy something and trusted to get exact change back? A beggar carrying 500 and 1000 denomination notes lol.

Why don't you go help him though? You really seem concerned about such cases. He himself is not worried about it anyway.

It is actually great fun seeing people hiding behind poor, beggar etc when everyone knows the reason why those who are worried are getting worried by this ;)
:lol: Wow, the sheep really have no answers. What will be your next trick to deflect the blame?
If you really do know someone who got money in 15 mins, my mother has a lakh rs she wants to deposit, if you are within 200kms can i come and could you get it it done in 15 mins in my moms account?

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan

That's the best bit. The beggar himself is quite cool about it but the guy questioning him seems desperate for beggar to blame the move.
The begger has no Id he will deposit it in someone else's account that is where the scheme is the problem.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Ummm i can also call whatever you write as "A wall of nonsense" because people i meet say they had to stay in cue from 6.00 am and were told at 12.00 pm bank ran out of notes, come again tomorrow. My percentage is shit but you read someone who goes and gets notes in 15 mins is correct?:lol: the smiley isnt enough HAHAHAHAHAHA!
I like the way you argue, ignore any points you dont have answer to, Try to make fun, Follow blindly. I think modi might need a few more sheep, you should upload your resume.
Your level of knowledge and lack of, is becoming more and more clear with every post. You don't seem to understand the difference between "I read couple of guys saying they got exchange done in 15 min meaning queues seem to be getting shorter" and pulling out a figure of 30% ATM not having money without any basis. But then you are also a guy who wanted to post his account details in a public forum.

We are finding out who sheep is the more you post :D

The Man Himself

:lol: Wow, the sheep really have no answers. What will be your next trick to deflect the blame?
If you really do know someone who got money in 15 mins, my mother has a lakh rs she wants to deposit, if you are within 200kms can i come and could you get it it done in 15 mins in my moms account?
Are you sure it is just 1 lakh and not more? Maybe do legal transactions going forward.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
Your level of knowledge and lack of, is becoming more and more clear with every post. You don't seem to understand the difference between "I read couple of guys saying they got exchange done in 15 min meaning queues seem to be getting shorter" and pulling out a figure of 30% ATM not having money without any basis. But then you are also a guy who wanted to post his account details in a public forum.

We are finding out who sheep is the more you post :D
Well atleast that solves the dirty money issue. You are just trapped in your words now. Its a shame io thought you would provide some logic in this. But you are adament no one faces problem everything is alright. Good luck to you.

The Man Himself

Well atleast that solves the dirty money issue. You are just trapped in your words now. Its a shame io thought you would provide some logic in this. But you are adament no one faces problem everything is alright. Good luck to you.
You posting your account details on caf solves black money issue in the country? :lol: :lol: Yeah, it is me who is trapped in words.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
You posting your account details on caf solves black money issue in the country? :lol: :lol: Yeah, it is me who is trapped in words.
Well wum's against me is what i meant but lets pretend you are thick enough to not understand that. Anyways i remember how you guys rigged the draft games and shit on caf and how you would target posters to wum them. I am out of this.

Neelu

Is this for real? You come in pointing out the problems, people point out that things are not as bad as its being made out and now suddenly everyone is a sheep?

The Man Himself

Well wum's against me is what i meant but lets pretend you are thick enough to not understand that. Anyways i remember how you guys rigged the draft games and shit on caf and how you would target posters to wum them. I am out of this.
'Wums against you?' Pointing out your stupidity is not wum, man. It is a way of helping you. Read better and learn better next time.

The Man Himself

Is this for real? You come in pointing out the problems, people point out that things are not as bad as its being made out and now suddenly everyone is a sheep?
:lol: I love M10 even with this fight with him. He is entertainer. This has been great entertainment as well. First 4-5 pages before his entry were too bland with serious discussions.

Last edited:

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
I had a problem with TMH and his way of following and saying how everything was alright, i did say this and admitted that i was only going by what i was seeing.
Anyways that will be it from me on the argument. Some people seem more knowledgeable than me on this and i dont want to look like an idiot supporting black money. I am not questioning the intention of the govt just the way it is being done. Surely it could have been done much better.

On another note, rumours of salt hoarding and gold hoarding are circulating everywhere, how does govt stop these rumours? People are not that well read and dont have much info about these and might believe these rumours?

The Man Himself

I had a problem with TMH and his way of following and saying how everything was alright, i did say this and admitted that i was only going by what i was seeing.
To get back to serious discussion, I never said everything is alright. Go back to initial pages, I have highlighted where the issue can arise. All everyone who is praising the move is saying that the minor inconvenience is expected and has to be handled.

I will give you simple example. Our country perennially has roads under construction. Be it over bridges or road maintenance. Causes problems to everyone. If one has to be critic, one would say, "what if an ambulance is going through that road some day and there is traffic jam?" Yes it is an issue but do we stop over bridge construction for that? Atleast in this case of demonetization, the inconvenience is not even for a week.

Varun

Staff
It is very inconvenient tbh. The ATM's near my house are either empty or have massive queues. Still, no pain no gain and all that jizz I guess. Should settle down in the next couple of weeks.

One things clear though, Maradona10 is overflowing with dirty money.

Varun

Staff
The system's concern atm is to help everyone get cash for daily sustenance. Like it or not, how easy/difficult it is for someone who has 1 lac cash stored to get it deposited isn't high up in the priority list. If your mom needs to convert cash for running the household, she can either go herself or authorise someone with a simple letter to get the cash swapped at the nearest bank. Could take 15mins or it could take an hour, it won't take more than that and spending an hour at the bank for such a cause shouldn't be a problem for anyone given how most of waste time in other activities.

kps88

The system's concern atm is to help everyone get cash for daily sustenance. Like it or not, how easy/difficult it is for someone who has 1 lac cash stored to get it deposited isn't high up in the priority list. If your mom needs to convert cash for running the household, she can either go herself or authorise someone with a simple letter to get the cash swapped at the nearest bank. Could take 15mins or it could take an hour, it won't take more than that and spending an hour at the bank for such a cause shouldn't be a problem for anyone given how most of waste time in other activities.
This is fine for people like us. There's people living in rural areas with access to only one bank and the high probability it will either run out of change or new notes by the time they reach the counter. They're going to be spending a lot more than one hour at the bank. I've also experienced senior citizens struggling with no family in town to help them.

wr8_utd

:'(
So have people figured out what to do for amounts over 2.5l but below 10? Just went to the bank to deposit and the line was pretty massive so didn't bother. I barely use cash over cards so it's not an issue for me but there are very few atm's giving cash around here even now.

The Man Himself

So have people figured out what to do for amounts over 2.5l but below 10? Just went to the bank to deposit and the line was pretty massive so didn't bother. I barely use cash over cards so it's not an issue for me but there are very few atm's giving cash around here even now.
If there is nothing 'black' about it you (or whoever for whom you are asking) can go ahead and deposit whole money, being confident you can show source of income and it being accounted in tax paying/declaration if questioned. Distribute it otherwise between your and couple of relative's/friend's account. For practical purposes IT won't be questioning amount below 10L I think.

newgiz

Just wanted to add a couple more to this.

Let me moan about the government not doing anything about black money, but when they do (even if its a small step) then I will criticize them because it causes inconvenience to me for a few days. feck the government, this should have been done in a better way where I should have been able to sit on my arse at home smoking a cigar and everything would fix itself automatically.

Let me also moan about Swach Bharat and blame the prime minister everytime I see garbage on the road, but feck the prime minister and feck the government as I will continue to spit on the road and litter all over the place, the way I like.

I will wait for a Reliance Jio SIM in a queue or to avail inaugural discounts from H&M store, but I won't do it for getting money from my account because feck the prime minister, government and the country as well.

Neelu

This might be a good time to get the Jio sim since everyone will be lining up at banks :drool:

Varun

Staff
This is fine for people like us. There's people living in rural areas with access to only one bank and the high probability it will either run out of change or new notes by the time they reach the counter. They're going to be spending a lot more than one hour at the bank. I've also experienced senior citizens struggling with no family in town to help them.
Banks and post offices both are exchanging cash. Also, if you're talking about the really rural part of the country, the daily requirement + money in smaller denominations should both help in this regard. On a broader note, I agree people will have inconvenience, its inevitable but it'll tide over soon.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Talking about Jio sim, I have a micro slot in my phone while the sim is nano . Anyway around this or is the only option a new phone?

Got to say the Jio registration was smooth as feck. We had the Reliance guys come to our office and all you had to do was give your adhar number and you're done in 5 mins.

Varun

Staff
Talking about Jio sim, I have a micro slot in my phone while the sim is nano . Anyway around this or is the only option a new phone?

Got to say the Jio registration was smooth as feck. We had the Reliance guys come to our office and all you had to do was give your adhar number and you're done in 5 mins.
Get one of these sim cases from your local phone shop.

newgiz

The SIM they would have given you would be compatible with phones with Micro SIM slots as well. They would have added extra plastic around the Nano SIM so it could be slotted into a phone which has Micro SIM capability.

wr8_utd

If there is nothing 'black' about it you (or whoever for whom you are asking) can go ahead and deposit whole money, being confident you can show source of income and it being accounted in tax paying/declaration if questioned. Distribute it otherwise between your and couple of relative's/friend's account. For practical purposes IT won't be questioning amount below 10L I think.
It's nothing illegal . It's my mom's and she got it from her siblings as rakhi gifts from her brothers, my brother (he works in the UK and gifts her pounds when he comes) and a lot from the sale of the family farm (the majority of which has been desposited in the form of FD's long ago). All of us in the house are salaried and don't deal with black money but this money lying at home is stressing her out. We'll all probably put around 1.5-2 lakh in our accounts I'm guessing.

wr8_utd

This might be a good time to get the Jio sim since everyone will be lining up at banks :drool:
I'm getting far superior speeds on my Vodafone as compared to my friends on Jio. Quality over freebies for me.

Neelu

I'm getting far superior speeds on my Vodafone as compared to my friends on Jio. Quality over freebies for me.
I've heard mixed reports regarding Jio. For some its just not working while for some its great. Its worth a punt considering its free.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
The SIM they would have given you would be compatible with phones with Micro SIM slots as well. They would have added extra plastic around the Nano SIM so it could be slotted into a phone which has Micro SIM capability.
"The Jio sim number doesn't look valid"

Looks like I've been conned!

wr8_utd

I've heard mixed reports regarding Jio. For some its just not working while for some its great. Its worth a punt considering its free.
If i had a dual sim phone I'd have gone for it but it's just not a sim I can keep as my primary number especially with the terrible call quality.

Neelu

If i had a dual sim phone I'd have gone for it but it's just not a sim I can keep as my primary number especially with the terrible call quality.
Oh yeah, not gonna use it as primary.

The Man Himself

It's nothing illegal . It's my mom's and she got it from her siblings as rakhi gifts from her brothers, my brother (he works in the UK and gifts her pounds when he comes) and a lot from the sale of the family farm (the majority of which has been desposited in the form of FD's long ago). All of us in the house are salaried and don't deal with black money but this money lying at home is stressing her out. We'll all probably put around 1.5-2 lakh in our accounts I'm guessing.
Just check with your CA but gift amount between people having blood relations is not taxable I think so no need to worry. Just distribute the amount while depositing.

kps88

Banks and post offices both are exchanging cash. Also, if you're talking about the really rural part of the country, the daily requirement + money in smaller denominations should both help in this regard. On a broader note, I agree people will have inconvenience, its inevitable but it'll tide over soon.
I dunno, I supported the move at first but from what little I've seen first hand, I don't think the collateral damage is worth it. There's inconvenience and then there's people who are genuinely short on money to spend. The ultra rich will take a small hit but eventually clean their money while the poor, old and tourists are in a panic. I work at a hotel and I've seen plenty of tourists with literally no money to spend.