India politics thread

coolredwine

lameredboots
Kya chutiya log ho. Instead of banding together, people are arguing who deserves to be considered a true protestor and which one a fake one? This isn't a top red debate.

Swara Bhaskar has more guts than anyone here. The kind of abuse she deals with, including threats and yet continues to put up a brave front to the nonsense needs to be commended.
In a way, I kinda agree. The more faceless this protest is, the more difficult it would be to kill it. The signs are already there.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Everyone here has said multiple times that Rahul needs to be replaced but honestly I don't see who can do it. The only other young leader in Congress with any profile I can think of is Sachin Pilot, I've heard him speak and he's the dullest man alive. The other option os Priyanka, who is a much better public speaker than both. But most of the objections to Rahul also apply to Priyanka, plus there are rumours about her mental health and medication.

In terms of speaking ability in Hindi, the only person I've heard who can actually challenge Modi is Kanhaiya, he can be electrifying at times. But - he's in a really tiny party (CPI not even CPM), and he has been the villain from the very moment he became a famous person, and many people sincerely believe he chanted tukde tukde or whatever.

AshRK

There's no need to get offended. I thought you were a bjp supporter. Are you not?
No I am not a Bjp supporter. I expected more from their govt and they have failed so far. In fact I really want congress to lead with a new face and compete with modi govt.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
No I am not a Bjp supporter. I expected more from their govt and they have failed so far. In fact I really want congress to lead with a new face and compete with modi govt.
Wonder why I thought you were a BJP Supporter though. In that case, why all the hate for this lady? I don't know her background but she's one of the handful of public figures willing to even discuss it and even Deepika Padukone for that matter.

AshRK

Wonder why I thought you were a BJP Supporter though. In that case, why all the hate for this lady? I don't know her background but she's one of the handful of public figures willing to even discuss it and even Deepika Padukone for that matter.
Hate is a strong word. I don't know much about her to hate her. I just don't rate her opinions as I have always found her fake, who does things to seek attention. I don't mind people having opinion but speak out when you have knowledge about stuff and not with half baked knowledge. She was asked by one of the media people of what particular part she didn't like with CAA and she had no answer but just yapping. I don't want to judge whole Bollywood fraternity as dumb as that would be incorrect but most are selective and speak with very little knowledge.

As for deepika, well I may be wrong but it seemed she was there more to promote her movie which has worked wonders looking at all the buzz she and her movie has got. It was a smart move by her and it has paid off. So well done to her.

Anyways my general point was one should not take people from Bollywood seriously when it comes to serious issues which affect the country. They speak when they feel it is convinient for them and go hiding when there is nothing to gain. They are attention grabbers who care more about their films being successful.

Last edited:

fishfingers15

Hate is a strong word. I don't know much about her to hate her. I just don't rate her opinions as I have always found her fake, who does things to seek attention. I don't mind people having opinion but speak out when you have knowledge about stuff and not with half baked knowledge. She was asked by one of the media people of what particular part she didn't like with CAA and she had no answer but just yapping. I don't want to judge whole Bollywood fraternity as dumb as that would be incorrect but most are selective and speak with very little knowledge.

As for deepika, well I may be wrong but it seemed she was there more to promote her movie which has worked wonders looking at all the buzz she and her movie has got. It was a smart move by her and it has paid off. So well done to her.
I still can't get over the subtle shade you are throwing at Deepika and that you've decided that she's only there to promote her movie. Did she produce it as well or just the female lead.

AshRK

I still can't get over the subtle shade you are throwing at Deepika and that you've decided that she's only there to promote her movie. Did she produce it as well or just the female lead.
She is also producing the movie which makes it more convenient for her to be there. Don't you find it convenient of her to stay nothing for so long and here we are 2 days before her.movie is about to release, there she is.

fishfingers15

She is also producing the movie which makes it more convenient for her to be there. Don't you find it convenient of her to stay nothing for so long and here we are 2 days before her.movie is about to release, there she is.
Where are all the other producers whose films are released in another couple of days then?

AshRK

Where are all the other producers whose films are released in another couple of days then?
Maybe they don't need to do this cheap publicity.

Anyways I don't know where this argument is headed to. If you feel deepika was there because she cares about the situation and had a selfless motive then good. As I said I don't take these Bollywood people seriously especially when it relates to national interest as I have found most of them talk with half baked knowledge and make a fool of themselves. Can't be bothered to take them seriously.

fishfingers15

Maybe they don't need to do this cheap publicity.

Anyways I don't know where this argument is headed to. If you feel deepika was there because she cares about the situation and had a selfless motive then good. As I said I don't take these Bollywood people seriously especially when it relates to national interest as I have found most of them talk with half baked knowledge and make a fool of themselves. Can't be bothered to take them seriously.
I'm just trying to tell you that you have assumed something to be true and you are now arguing with you everybody that it is true. I cannot know for sure that Deepika was present at the protests to solidarity with the protesters like you don't know she was there for the publicity for the films. What I do know is that many more public figures from the entertainment industry are conspicuous by their silence/absence. Personally, if you ask me, I think it's a bit rich of all of us to assume others with half baked knowledge when I thought demonetization was a good idea at first and you thought Modi would be a good leader but that's neither here or there.

AshRK

I'm just trying to tell you that you have assumed something to be true and you are now arguing with you everybody that it is true. I cannot know for sure that Deepika was present at the protests to solidarity with the protesters like you don't know she was there for the publicity for the films. What I do know is that many more public figures from the entertainment industry are conspicuous by their silence/absence. Personally, if you ask me, I think it's a bit rich of all of us to assume others with half baked knowledge when I thought demonetization was a good idea at first and you thought Modi would be a good leader but that's neither here or there.
There is a difference between you and me speaking with half baked knowledge and a celebrity speaking with half baked knowledge is huge and even then I would say we have to be careful of what we say. But them speaking will be viewed by many and maybe quoted by people and even influence people. It doesn't matter if they are speaking to support the work done by BJP or are against something involving national interest. People who are so called famous have to be more careful before they speak and not speak for the sake of it.

The saddest part is all these is the protests should have been aimed at the country's poor economic conditions and questions should be asked to PM about that by the media and journalists but instead all has boiled down to religion.

fishfingers15

There is a difference between you and me speaking with half baked knowledge and a celebrity speaking with half baked knowledge is huge and even then I would say we have to be careful of what we say. But them speaking will be viewed by many and maybe quoted by people and even influence people. It doesn't matter if they are speaking to support the work done by BJP or are against something involving national interest. People who are so called famous have to be more careful before they speak and not speak for the sake of it.

The saddest part is all these is the protests should have been aimed at the country's poor economic conditions and questions should be asked to PM about that by the media and journalists but instead all has boiled down to religion.
Of course it has boiled down to religion because a particular religion has been targeted.

Are you saying that Deepika Padukoke shouldn't be at the rally because she doesn't know enough about the bills in question? I just don't your thinking on this at all.

AshRK

Of course it has boiled down to religion because a particular religion has been targeted.

Are you saying that Deepika Padukoke shouldn't be at the rally because she doesn't know enough about the bills in question? I just don't your thinking on this at all.
I don't know whether she knows or not about the situation. I have always found these Bollywood stars (atleast most) to be dumb. It surely feel very convenient of her to show up 2 days before her movie release. This whole violence and protests have been happening for more than a month and we did not hear a word from deepika and neither she ever joined in the protests. Why suddenly now is my curiosity? If it some other star whose movie was not releasing maybe I would have appreciated. But this all seems very opportunistic.

Anyways good for her. She has made sure her movie has gotten the right buzz. Maybe Ajay devgn or Kajol can do the same and promote their movie which btw is releasing too this friday.

fishfingers15

I don't know whether she knows or not about the situation. I have always found these Bollywood stars (atleast most) to be dumb. It surely feel very convenient of her to show up 2 days before her movie release. This whole violence and protests have been happening for more than a month and we did not hear a word from deepika and neither she ever joined in the protests. Why suddenly now is my curiosity? If it some other star whose movie was not releasing maybe I would have appreciated. But this all seems very opportunistic.

Anyways good for her. She has made sure her movie has gotten the right buzz. Maybe Ajay devgn or Kajol can do the same and promote their movie which btw is releasing too this friday.
You have always found Bollywood stars to be dumb and you think circumstantial facts such as her impending movie release is proof enough that she's only doing it to promote her movie. But you also think if some other dumb star who doesn't have a movie slated for a release anytime soon had come out and expressed their support, you would have appreciated it? Cheers man, that's me sold.

AshRK

You have always found Bollywood stars to be dumb and you think circumstantial facts such as her impending movie release is proof enough that she's only doing it to promote her movie. But you also think if some other dumb star who doesn't have a movie slated for a release anytime soon had come out and expressed their support, you would have appreciated it? Cheers man, that's me sold.
As I said I wouldn't take most of the Bollywood stars opinion seriously especially which involves national interest or serious matter. Others are welcome to take them seriously.

Anyways as I sad it is hard to keep one's points in this thread as people don't like others having a different opinion. I thought that was only related to politics but realised that applies even to Bollywood. Maybe I should stop commenting on this further otherwise others in here will term me a modi bakht or even an anti-indian.

fishfingers15

As I said I wouldn't take most of the Bollywood stars opinion seriously especially which involves national interest or serious matter. Others are welcome to take them seriously.

Anyways as I sad it is hard to keep one's points in this thread as people don't like others having a different opinion. I thought that was only related to politics but realised that applies even to Bollywood. Maybe I should stop commenting on this further otherwise others in here will term me a modi bakht or even an anti-indian.
Calm down, no one is saying you are an anti-Indian or a bhakt. Have your own opinion by all means. Maybe I should throw a massive strop at the lack of respect you are showing to Deepika Padukone, my all time Bollywood queen and a role model to all

AshRK

Calm down, no one is saying you are an anti-Indian or a bhakt. Have your own opinion by all means. Maybe I should throw a massive strop at the lack of respect you are showing to Deepika Padukone, my all time Bollywood queen and a role model to all
Now trust me that was not my intention at all to hurt your feelings. :nono:

Have always liked her work and respect her as an artist.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Kya chutiya log ho. Instead of banding together, people are arguing who deserves to be considered a true protestor and which one a fake one? This isn't a top red debate.

Swara Bhaskar has more guts than anyone here. The kind of abuse she deals with, including threats and yet continues to put up a brave front to the nonsense needs to be commended.
This. Saw some "liberals" attacking Twinkle Khanna for going against BJP in her twitter just because she's married to Akshay Kumar. As far as Deepika is concerned, i don't give a feck if it was for her movie, she's a megastar and even though she was there for ten minutes, it has more spotlight to whatever disgraceful happened in JNU.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Also Stephens participating in the protest is big news.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
feck me is that stephens ??
Yes. And it's great that they are joining. As the student says, it's important for other institutions to stand up to show that this isn't just 'those bloody terrorists' creating ruckus as BJP tries to convince people.

Also Ravish is just fanatastic. Love his jibe at the JNU VC who feels injured students should be visiting him rather than the other way round :lol:

kps88

If it really helped them promote a movie, everyone would be doing it. There is a reason why most big names stay silent; it's too big of a financial risk to take. There is the risk of boycotts, death threats, vandalism, missing your release window, tax harassment, state governments refusing to guarantee security and theaters too afraid to screen the movie. You also run the risk of alienating a large part of your audience and upsetting powerful people. What she did was very brave considering most of her seniors have chosen to stay silent.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
BJP workers heckle Bengaluru students for opposing pro-CAA banner, students fight back

The BJP workers called the students of Jyoti Nivas College "anti-national" and told them to "Go to Pakistan."

A few students of the Jyoti Nivas College in Bengaluru’s Koramangala were in for a rude shock on Wednesday when a group of BJP Yuva Morcha workers got involved in an altercation with them and called them “uneducated” and “anti-nationals”. According to a student, they were told to “Go to Pakistan”.

Videos of the incident which has since then got viral showed that the altercation had almost escalated to physical jostling between the BJP men and the female students. The police were eventually called in and they asked the BJP workers to leave.

The issue broke out at around 3 pm, when a group of BJP workers stuck a pro-CAA banner on the college wall. The banner had the pictures of PM Modi, Home Minister Amit Shah, Chief Minister BS Yediyurappa and Lok Sabha MP Tejasvi Surya. A bunch of students objected to the banner on the college wall. The BJP workers then insisted that the students and pedestrians sign the banner irrespective of their objections.

In the video, a man is seen saying, “You are not concerned about citizenship, you are concerned about yourself… you are not Indians.” He later goes on to say that the students are not the owners of the college and only the owner can only object to the banner being stuck to the wall. As the men shout menacingly at the girls, they refuse to back down and tell the men to remove the banner. As one man says let's have a debate, a student can be heard retorting that this was no debate as the men were shouting at them. One of the other men then says that they were just general public, to which the girls reply that they weren't just general public, and to look at what was written on their banners.

TNM spoke to a professor who had come out to help the students after the altercation.

On condition of anonymity, she said, “Thankfully, there was no major physical confrontation as a lot of people in the street had gathered by then. But as seen in the video, there were a lot of personal comments made by the BJP workers against our students. They called our students “uneducated” and “anti-national”. Noting some students were Muslims, they asked them to go to Pakistan and other forms of personal attack. Thinking of the safety issues, we had to ask the students to leave.”

The professor added that the student body is apprehensive about their safety and security even though the police had eventually driven the BJP workers away on Wednesday.

The college administration is expected to issue a statement later on Thursday.

The professor further said, “This incident is not isolated. A similar thing happened with my flatmate in Koramangala. I think they have formed a pattern and they target unsuspecting women who are just stepping out of office and bully them into signing pro-CAA banners.”

Taking to Twitter, Jayanagar MLA Sowmya Reddy said she and her father the local MLA Ramalinga Reddy had taken up the matter with DCP South East Isha Panth and the college principal.

https://www.thenewsminute.com/artic...g-disease-and-you-can-help-her-survive-115597