India tour to Australia

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
I know it's bad we went off for light, but I've had the TV on in the background for a couple of hours now.. I like seeing good test match analysis, but they've just ranted about light stopping play for a solid 60 minutes..
Murali Kartik suggested they when the bad light stops play, they should start playing with the pink ball just to keep the match going :lol:

jungledrums

Mayank Aggarwal is in the team because Shaw is injured and Rahul/Vijay couldn't even score double digits. Before the series started, he wasn't anywhere close to being our opener.
True, but Shaw and Agarwal are now your first-choice openers, while Pant is your first choice test keeper. If your point was about depth, then yes, on that we fully agree. But it's a little misleading to say that your fourth choice guys are killing Aus.
Keeper batsman maybe but I think in terms of pure keeper Saha is still India’s best (though doesn’t have the banter that Pant does). He’s also a decent batsman especially at home. But yeah, Pant has done enough to seal his place at least for the foreseeable future
I doubt Saha will get back into the team though. Pant looks a star, given his age.

MDFC Manager

Our second choice wicketkeeper scoring a century, our third choice spinner picking five wickets and our fourth choice opener scoring loads of runs.

This Indian team is absolutely special. Need to replace Rahane too with Gill(who imo is the best batting talent in India right now) and we're set.
I think Shreyas Iyer needs to get a chance or two before Gill? Karun Nair too I guess.

It's awful that we don't play enough test cricket over the coming period.

zing

Zingle balls
I think Shreyas Iyer needs to get a chance or two before Gill? Karun Nair too I guess.

2 against WI and 3 against SA, both at home. That is all for the full year. Sucks.

KM

Iyer isn't good enough imo. As for Nair, well I don't think the selectors or the coaching staff rate him too much.

Sanche7

I know everyone is excited about Gill and Shaw, but I'm looking forward to seeing Nagarkoti and Mavi bowl. Those guys were hitting mid 140s in the Under 19 WC at the age of 18/19.
Would be very interesting to see how they develop

Last edited:

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
First time Australia have followed on at home since 1988. I don't think Rahane deserves to be dropped just yet as @KM suggests. I'd give him a little more time - these tours haven't been easy and he's still managed a couple of good scores.

KM

All the time waking up in early morning just to see India getting trounced and now we've won the series. Incredible stuff. Would've been 3-1 too.

prateik

Perth was largely down to shit luck too.. the toss was very important on that pitch.

same for the t20s. Rain ruined it. This series so far has been pretty good.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Any idea why they're bowling so poorly? The commentators were suggesting that the bowlers are discouraged by the terrible batting displays but I feel like they are getting even simple things wrong like seam position.
No different to the issues with Manchester United under Mourinho.

Let me ask you, would you put effort in and risk injury if you know that your top order is going to fall for less than 200 odd runs and that more than likely the tail will have to pick up the slack?

I'd say the Aussie quicks wrote this test off after Melbourne and couldn't give a flying feck about the outcome and I dont blame them.

MichaelKorleone

Some nice words from Kohli to Australia for their Ashes tour

"Playing in England, what I experienced this time was, if you go out there with an ego you might as well not go out at all," he said. "Because that Dukes ball, it buries egos pretty quickly. You have to curb yourself, do the hard yards, grind it out the whole day. You have to be patient as a batsman. There's a lot of time in Test cricket. Sometimes because we're so nervous as batsmen we don't quite realise it, you just want to get away quickly but in England you're not allowed to do that, so you have to bide your time, earn the right to score runs eventually.

"You have to get into a position where, you should not even look at the scoreboard or the number of balls, it's inconsequential, patience is the only thing that works there. Putting runs on the board again is the most important thing to win Test matches. I'm sure [Australia] will regroup as a unit, we've all gone through those phases where you figure out what needs to be done - it's just mindset. If the same batting unit can go out there more confident and believe that they can do it, it can be done, definitely."
"I played with Mitchell [Starc], I think he's a very skilful bowler, he's got the right mindset and he's been your No. 1 bowler for years now. So I'm a little surprised with the magnitude of the criticism that's come on to him. If he's your best bowler you give him space to works things out, not mount more pressure on him because you don't want to lose a guy like that, who's so skilled and wins you games."

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Some nice words from Kohli to Australia for their Ashes tour
The last paragraph is key. Kohli has played a massive role in the resurgence of our fast bowling unit. Unlike Dhoni, he rarely ever criticises them and the same unit, who were very poor under the former captain, are now the best (maybe 2nd) fast bowling unit on the planet - we already have the best bowling unit. However, with respect to Australia, I don't remember Tim Paine criticising his team much, if at all, the likes of Warne and co. have taken care of that. However, ex-pros and commentators are always talking nonsense so it shouldn't really affect Starc and the others.

kotha

KM

It's weird how badly the Australian team management use Maxwell. He's one of the cleanest hitters in world cricket right now.

jungledrums

Agree re misuse of Maxwell. His talent is wasted if he only faces 5 deliveries.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
He might have been the third highest run getter in the tests, but Kohli's batting has left a lot to be desired by his own standards. Sub-par tour so far. He's far too gullible and walks right into traps with some poor shot selection.

zing

Zingle balls
If this were a T20 game, then we're 20-4 after 6 overs chasing 156.

Teams don't usually win from these positions.

Don't know about that, this isn't our strongest XI. Rishabh Pant, Rahane, Ashwin all missing.
Rahane and Ashwin haven't been anywhere near our best ODI 11 in a long time..

zing

Zingle balls
I like Dinesh Karthik - he comes across very well in interviews, seems like he can play well in limited overs and you naturally tend to root for players from your city.. but is there any other cricketer who bottles as many key moments as he does?

Apart from that T20 final, there have been SO many chances for him to win matches or put India in a strong position, and he bottles every single one. Same with test cricket. He really should have done a lot better as a player.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
Rahane and Ashwin haven't been anywhere near our best ODI 11 in a long time..
Well, I was implying this isn't our strongest XI, not that we had a strongest XI which those 3 belonged to. I agree Ashwin shouldn't be there, in retrospect. I think we should go to the WC with a lineup like this:

Rohit
Dhawan
Rahane
Kohli (c)
?
Pant (wk)
Jadeja
Pandya
Bumrah
Kuldeep
Bhuvi

Last edited:

zing

Zingle balls
Agarwal called up. He is well worth a punt at #4.

JohnnyKills

Would be interested to hear Indian fans' views on the Rahul-Pandya controversy. I know India is a less sexualised culture than many countries but jesus, seems their comments were pretty tame.

JohnnyKills

Didn't the camera people say back then that they only started looking at the players closely because of how early the ball was reversing for the aussies even in the earlier tests.. Seems obvious that they did try something even before..
The fact the bowlers' averages have doubled since they were caught is pretty damning.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Would be interested to hear Indian fans' views on the Rahul-Pandya controversy. I know India is a less sexualised culture than many countries but jesus, seems their comments were pretty tame.
It's a ludicrous decision to ban them for those comments . Bcci is a complete mess right now

Ronaldo's ego

Incorrectly predicted the 2020 US Election
I'm better than Messi (even though I'm not)
Has Dhoni made any statement regarding his intent to play in the World Cup? He just doesn’t have it anymore and Pant will be a much better option, especially since the the vast majority of one day pitches are roads these days and will be during the World Cup. I highly doubt they’ll drop Dhoni so here’s hoping he knows it’s time to call it a day

kiristao

The reason the BCCI has acted the way they did is because everyone wants to be politically correct & we live in a world where everyone wants to act holier than thou. Yes, Pandya did say stuff about his sex life but why is that such a big deal. Rahul basically got caught in the cross fire as he barely said anything. Its just a farce.

Witchking

It's not much about his sex life but how bad his comments were about the girls he slept with, from the cheerleaders, to not knowing the names to pointing out the girls to his folks. All were extremely stupid. If this was a politician, everyone would have been offended.

Ideally, a 1 or a 2 match ban and a talking to should be enough, but this is India where everything is made a bigger deal than it needs to be.

JohnnyKills

The reason the BCCI has acted the way they did is because everyone wants to be politically correct & we live in a world where everyone wants to act holier than thou. Yes, Pandya did say stuff about his sex life but why is that such a big deal. Rahul basically got caught in the cross fire as he barely said anything. Its just a farce.
They're also not exactly pivotal are they. Neither are fixtures in any form of the game. Would be interested to see what would have happened had Kohli and Bumrah made those comments.

JohnnyKills

It's not much about his sex life but how bad his comments were about the girls he slept with, from the cheerleaders, to not knowing the names to pointing out the girls to his folks. All were extremely stupid. If this was a politician, everyone would have been offended.

Ideally, a 1 or a 2 match ban and a talking to should be enough, but this is India where everything is made a bigger deal than it needs to be.
Agree with the first bit. He tried to play the part of a lad but just sounded like a douche.

KM

Our country is full of hypocritical idiots so it's not a surprise to see Hardik and Rahul getting banned for a long time. If only half of them respected women in real life as they do on social media then our country wouldn't be in such a mess when it comes to women safety.