India tour to Australia

Cooksen

The Millennium Falcao
It's weird how badly the Australian team management use Maxwell. He's one of the cleanest hitters in world cricket right now.
Maxwell is apparently "toxic" to the team environment, Take that as you will.

I would not be surprised if Maxwell does not get selected for this ashes and the next Aussie summer he turns into a 20/20 player, one can only get fecked over so much by the board.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout

I would not be surprised if Maxwell does not get selected for this ashes and the next Aussie summer he turns into a 20/20 player, one can only get fecked over so much by the board.
Always thought he came across as well spoken. Competitive on the field but a chilled out individual otherwise. Strange to hear about him being 'toxic'

Cooksen

The Millennium Falcao
Always thought he came across as well spoken. Competitive on the field but a chilled out individual otherwise. Strange to hear about him being 'toxic'
I have met Maxwell a few times at AFL matches and he has always been a good bloke to me, I honestly think it stems from a UAE tour where he was made to bat at 3 in a test before he was ready and got out cheaply.

I would have had him in the side has he has made runs in first class cricket and being frank with Warner out is our best fielder and a good leader (at least in Victorian circles).

I think its because Smith, Langer and Pat Howard dont like him is the reason why he is not in all 3 sides, He is batting a 7 in the odis which is just stupid cricket on Australia's behalf.

Cloud7

Isn’t the actual reason that Steve Smith doesn’t like him? Of all the players around Aussie cricket, Maxwell genuinely comes across as one of the least toxic guys around.

Edit: Just seen that you addressed that in a later post.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself

Yeah it's very strange. He played very well for Australia in India and even saved a test match there. Never got much of a chance after that.

prateik

Dhoni masterclass here.. 60 needed off 54 balls.. 7 wickets left.. He is the sort of guy who'll take it down to 30 off 3 overs and try to win it from there.

He suffers from a severe case of hero syndrome.

Dropped again.. Now he'll win the game for India.. of course he will :D

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
What an absolute joke by Australia to bowl Stoinis in the depth. An average, third rate bowler given the responsbility to bowl at the depth. India knew he was the bowler to target and duly went after him.

JohnnyKills

What an absolute joke by Australia to bowl Stoinis in the depth. An average, third rate bowler given the responsbility to bowl at the depth. India knew he was the bowler to target and duly went after him.
Agree. Dont see what Stoinis brings tbh.

Would be great to see England v India final at the World Cup this year. Have a sneaking feeling Aussies will rouse themselves though.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Agree. Dont see what Stoinis brings tbh.

Would be great to see England v India final at the World Cup this year. Have a sneaking feeling Aussies will rouse themselves though.
I predict the same final or, if the semi finals are such, New Zealand might do well.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
India will be challenged more in their ODI series in New Zealand than they were against Australia.

Gandalf Greyhame

Scout
Was watching 'The Test' finally, and got to the Indian tour down under. It was heartwarming to see Kim Harris celebrate his son's debut - I forget that there's a similar story every time someone dons their country's Test cap for the first time. I struggle to recall if narrative of double standards was indeed true. Great watch, especially from Langer's perspective as coach, with the story of his wife breaking down being a wake up call for him.

Gandalf Greyhame

Scout
Just went through a quick read of the thread, again - fun trip down a memory lane from 4 years ago. I am surprised Pant didn't feature in these two episodes as much after looking at the posts and the scores. He was the second best batsman after Pujara - but the narrative at least (if not the actual focus of the Aussie team) was all about shutting down Kohli. Played into his hands, really. Well, that was a fun two hours of my life.