India tour to Australia

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
First test starts tomorrow.

Somehow Rohit has weaseled his way back into the test team even though he failed miserably in SA Tests and hasn't played tests in domestic cricket. So basically he has found his way into test team on the basis of his LOI team.

NM

If we don't win in AUS this time, we never will. Our best chance since they are without their two best batsmen.

Skills

Snitch

Somehow Rohit has weaseled his way back
into the test team even though he failed miserably in SA Tests and hasn't played tests in domestic cricket. So basically he has found his way into test team on the basis of his LOI team.
Kohli

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout

Somehow Rohit has weaseled his way back into the test team even though he failed miserably in SA Tests and hasn't played tests in domestic cricket. So basically he has found his way into test team on the basis of his LOI team.
Given it is Adelaide, I can see him starting too.

Red_Beans

Australia are no where at the moment. Any touring team should fancy their chances against them

Krovv

RedCafe Verified
Supports
Arsenal
Vihari might find himself getting the short end of the stick here. He did get a 50 in England but needed a lot of luck. The wickets here will be more favourable for batting and every batsman will be itching for a chance to make the most of it.

I'm worried about Rahul and Vijay. Rahul has just forgotten how to bat and Vijay's away Test form has been poor. With every away series, we see a horrible selection at some point. In this one maybe it will be Rohit opening the batting? :lol:

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Maybe I'm deluded, biased and a bit jingoistic about this but i think this series could be a bit closer than many expect.

Key for Australia is to start well, nullify Kohli make sure the weakened batting line up stands up.

Hooray about Mitch Marsh being dropped. Good to see the Marsh name got a him a spot for only so long.

zing

Zingle balls
Controversial - but I'd be okay seeing Rohit open.

Rahul has been terrible for awhile now - a complete no-show in away matches.

zing

Zingle balls
Maybe I'm deluded, biased and a bit jingoistic about this but i think this series could be a bit closer than many expect.

Key for Australia is to start well, nullify Kohli make sure the weakened batting line up stands up.

Hooray about Mitch Marsh being dropped. Good to see the Marsh name got a him a spot for only so long.
Yes - the Australian bowling is amazing and our bowling is a bit of an unknown in Australia.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster

Well it won't be a walkover for India soyou're not alone in thinking it should be close. Australia still has the best allround pace attack if fit and we're still in an age where the home side tends to win most test matches.

MDFC Manager

We'll lose this series too, somehow don't l expect it to be as close as the England series either.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
We'll lose this series too, somehow don't l expect it to be as close as the England series either.
4-0 instead of 4-1? :smirk: Sorry I know what you mean, it could be a heavy one depending on how Australia bat. Getting Kohli out extremely cheaply first up was a pretty important as well.

Krovv

RedCafe Verified
Supports
Arsenal
Even Kohli threw his bat out on a leave ball. Reckless batting. Now we’re expecting Rohit Sharma and Rishabh Pant to score big hundreds while Pujara anchors the other end. :lol:

MDFC Manager

Somehow Rohit has weaseled his way back into the test team
I'm no fan of him, but he's pretty much the only one in the squad who can reliably deal with Lyon's spin. As bizarre as it sounds!

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
:D

Still think he's the only one who had the skill to deal with Lyon. Unfortunately, he's still an idiot.
I stopped watching cricket in ~2010ish, when that generation retired. The fact that we have gone to Australia and our batting is being exposed *by a spinner* is unbelievable to me. It always was either the swing or the bounce/pace that did it.

MDFC Manager

I stopped watching cricket in ~2010ish, when that generation retired. The fact that we have gone to Australia and our batting is being exposed *by a spinner* is unbelievable to me. It always was either the swing or the bounce/pace that did it.
Yeah we're now no hopers against even fairly ordinary spin bowling. As seen in the England series too.

KM

Excellent recovery in the end. Still 50-60 runs short but I thought we weren't going past 175 at 127/6.

MDFC Manager

Excellent recovery in the end. Still 50-60 runs short but I thought we weren't going past 175 at 127/6.
Yup we're still short, but hopefully this should make the 4th innings interesting at least.

Skills

Snitch
Is it a difficult wicket? Because if this is a typical aus pitch, India are about 200 short

Krovv

RedCafe Verified
Supports
Arsenal
Pujara what a legend. Excellent innings, completely nullified the Australian attack. Pity no one could stay with him for very long, except Ashwin. I'm sad that Vihari didn't get a chance to play here and I am sick of Rahul and Vijay throwing their wickets away. Can't wait for Shaw to return.

Is it a difficult wicket? Because if this is a typical aus pitch, India are about 200 short
Looked flat to me, and Aussie batsmen aren't going to gift their wickets like the Indians did. I think they'll get 400 easily.

JohnnyKills

Alright folks, I'm probably the only person in this thread with no connection to India but enjoyed the banter this summer immensely so am back for more.

First question: does anyone know where you can watch this series? It's not on Sky as far as I can see and don't have BT sport. Any streaming suggestions welcome.

250 at Adelaide is normally a poor score but the Aussie batting lineup is poor and India's bowling attack is dangerous.

Hopefully India can restrict them to 350 and go big second innings.

KM

Pujara just said in the PC that its a tougher wicket than it looks, didn't see a ball but I'm just saying that from the position we were in, 250 is decent.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Good day for Australia. That can all change if the vulnerable Aussie batting line up struggles though.

Rohit Sharma literally couldn't help himself with his dismissal today.

JohnnyKills

Pujara just said in the PC that its a tougher wicket than it looks, didn't see a ball but I'm just saying that from the position we were in, 250 is decent.
He's not going to say 'yeah it's an absolute road and we threw it away' though is he?

Whether it's a good track or not, your bowlers can still knock them over relatively cheaply. Their batting line-up is absolutely shite.

Keep them to 350 and you're in the game. A lot of those batsman won't miss out twice in the match.

Btw where's Di Maria's Angel? Was looking forward to winding him up about Bumrah.

Cloud7

Pant’s cameo was quite fun to watch. That ended up being the only part of day 1 I was able to watch :D

Krovv

RedCafe Verified
Supports
Arsenal
First question: does anyone know where you can watch this series? It's not on Sky as far as I can see and don't have BT sport. Any streaming suggestions welcome.
/r/cricket on Reddit has what you need.

250 at Adelaide is normally a poor score but the Aussie batting lineup is poor and India's bowling attack is dangerous.

Hopefully India can restrict them to 350 and go big second innings.
India have four bowlers, and one of them is Shami, known for bowling loose deliveries. Pretty sure they will get 400 as there is no fifth bowler to take the heat off the pacers. Looking at this lineup, I can only see Kohli who bowls a bit. The rest don't even bowl part-time. Unless Aussie batsmen throw it away like most Indian batters, 400 is guaranteed.

A lot depends on Ashwin keeping the runs down. Ishant and Ashwin need to keep the run rate down while Bumrah and Shami can focus on getting wickets. Tough day ahead.

JohnnyKills

/r/cricket on Reddit has what you need.

India have four bowlers, and one of them is Shami, known for bowling loose deliveries. Pretty sure they will get 400 as there is no fifth bowler to take the heat off the pacers. Looking at this lineup, I can only see Kohli who bowls a bit. The rest don't even bowl part-time. Unless Aussie batsmen throw it away like most Indian batters, 400 is guaranteed.

A lot depends on Ashwin keeping the runs down. Ishant and Ashwin need to keep the run rate down while Bumrah and Shami can focus on getting wickets. Tough day ahead.
Ashwin could be a massive threat on this tour, with the bounce he'll get.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Damn, I tuned in yesterday to see it was 51-4, but India still managed to get 250!

I forgot this series was on for a while, but hey, I'm excited now. Let's go, India!

paulscholes18

Not so sure about that. He’s been pretty average away from home, apart from maybe one Test in England.

Still think 400 is on for Australia, but getting Finch early is always welcome.
Can’t see Australia getting 400+ this series, there batting lineup is average at best, there bowlers will be the reason they win and not the batsman