India tour to Australia

MDFC Manager

I didn't like the look of this. Not playing another bowler is going to hurt us.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
I didn't like the look of this. Not playing another bowler is going to hurt us.
Picked up the 2nd wicket when it was needed though. They were starting to look pretty comfortable.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Another timely wicket, but now it's time to pick some up for cheap :D

Krovv

RedCafe Verified
Supports
Arsenal
Ashwin bowling beautifully. Unfortunately we are a bowler short so unless they manage a breakthrough soon, batsmen no 6-9 are going to be facing a tiring attack and get away with the game.

JohnnyKills

Not so sure about that. He’s been pretty average away from home, apart from maybe one Test in England.

Still think 400 is on for Australia, but getting Finch early is always welcome.
So you still think that? :D

JohnnyKills

Great day for India, and they can have a break now before coming back tomorrow to attack the tail.

Hopefully get the last three wickets quickly and bat a full day second time round to give the bowlers a rest.

Skills

Snitch
Pujara just said in the PC that its a tougher wicket than it looks, didn't see a ball but I'm just saying that from the position we were in, 250 is decent.
Seems like it was true. If India can get any sort of lead, and put up some kind of total this is their's to lose now. Can't see australia chasing anything above 250.

JohnnyKills

Seems like it was true. If India can get any sort of lead, and put up some kind of total this is their's to lose now. Can't see australia chasing anything above 250.
And India have got Ashwin bowling last too.

Sandyman

Excellent work today morning to bundle out Australia and get a first innings lead of 15.

zing

Zingle balls
Great to watch. Saturday morning cricket.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Rahul just went from Pujara to Pant mode in a span of two overs.

KM

Nathan Lyon should be deadly on this pitch.

KM

Stupid shot by Vijay. Should be his last test now, get Aggarwal in until Shaw gets fit.

KM

This pitch is definitely tough to bat on. The bounce is quite high and there's a lot of rough for Lyon.

KM

/r/cricket on Reddit has what you need.

India have four bowlers, and one of them is Shami, known for bowling loose deliveries. Pretty sure they will get 400 as there is no fifth bowler to take the heat off the pacers. Looking at this lineup, I can only see Kohli who bowls a bit. The rest don't even bowl part-time. Unless Aussie batsmen throw it away like most Indian batters, 400 is guaranteed.

A lot depends on Ashwin keeping the runs down. Ishant and Ashwin need to keep the run rate down while Bumrah and Shami can focus on getting wickets. Tough day ahead.
Great predictions in this post.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Wish Dravid and Pujara played together at least in few tests. It would have been defense paradise.

KM

Need atleast 250 here. Pitch is detoriating fast.

KM

It's incredible how much Rahane has detoriated as a batsman. I have no confidence in him right now. In the last Aussie tour he was on par with Kohli as a test batsman.

zing

Zingle balls
I don't have the confidence everyone else seems to in Ashwin. If anything, the worse the pitch is, the more I'd rather have jadeja for the last innings.

Although, Ashwin tends to work on his weaknesses religiously. So wouldn't be surprised to see that he has adapted, plus a fairly rookie Australian batting.

NM

Wish Dravid and Pujara played together at least in few tests. It would have been defense paradise.
This. Could watch that all day. Got to watch tendulkar David and now pujara kohl though so all good

KM

I don't have the confidence everyone else seems to in Ashwin. If anything, the worse the pitch is, the more I'd rather have jadeja for the last innings.

Although, Ashwin tends to work on his weaknesses religiously. So wouldn't be surprised to see that he has adapted, plus a fairly rookie Australian batting.
Yeah me neither, I've more confidence in the lack of ability in the Aussie batsman.

JohnnyKills

India did exactly what was required there. By batting time, you're putting miles in the Aussie bowlers' legs (always a good idea given how injury-prone they are) and resting your own.

Shame Kohli got out but another 250 should be enough.

JohnnyKills

It's incredible how much Rahane has detoriated as a batsman. I have no confidence in him right now. In the last Aussie tour he was on par with Kohli as a test batsman.
Thought he might struggle in Aus. Wristy players tend not to do well there, at least in England's experience.

zing

Zingle balls
Thought he might struggle in Aus. Wristy players tend not to do well there, at least in England's experience.
He's not wristy at all. The least sub continental of all our batsmen probably.

KM

He absolutely rinsed a peak Johnson when we last visited there.

MDFC Manager

Yea he's another one who I feel has lost his way due to T20 pressures.

Me neither, but he's actually proved me wrong in the first innings so fingers crossed :D