India tour to Australia

AshRK

We've the right captain for that lot too. Think Dhoni would have shut shop by now, and wouldn't have taken the new ball either. That's not a slight on Dhoni before anyone takes offense!
Dhoni in his earlier stages was really attacking but since the 4-0 thrashing at the hands of Australia and England his captaincy became a bit defensive especially in tests. I always remember how ganguly used to say he would have loved to have ashwin as his bowler under his captaincy. Ashwin would have benefitted even more playing under ganguly. Not that dhoni didn't help ash, coz he did and he is the reason ashwin excelled but still ganguly would have been even better for him.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Game will end in the next 45 minute now :D

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
feck sakes Ashwin has really bowled terribly again. His job is to take wickets and not keep it tight.

KM

Seems like we are bottling the match now.

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
Edgbaston 05 em if you're gonna make it close :D

iKnowNothing

I think the hasty run making in the 2nd innings is going to cost India. Had they batted a little more sensibly and eaten another 10-15 overs and added 30-40 runs, Australia would have been batted out of the game. Now it looks likely that Australia might pull one off.

Edit: Just as I post this, 8th wicket falls for Australia. :D

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
There it is.

Ouch, what a first ball to face as a tail ender.

Oooof, talk about a lucky escape.

Last edited:

MDFC Manager

Is Ishant carrying some injury? Would generally rely on him bowling a lot of overs

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
Lyon's luck will run out soon. Don't worry about it.

And surely that's it.

KM

Don't want to see Ashwin playing for India again. fecking bottler. Disgusting line and length on the 5th day, should've been deadly on this pitch and yet he's been carried by our pacers again.

Indian pacers out bowling Aussie pacers. Aussie spinner outbowling Indian Spinner.

iKnowNothing

All the other forms of cricket have made me feel like a target of 50-60 runs is not a big deal especially with the amount of overs left.

Whichever way this goes, it has been an absolutely wonderful test match.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
Don't want to see Ashwin playing for India again. fecking bottler. Disgusting line and length on the 5th day, should've been deadly on this pitch and yet he's been carried by our pacers again.

Indian pacers out bowling Aussie pacers. Aussie spinner outbowling Indian Spinner.
The irony :lol:

KM

Splendid stuff. Don't care if its a weak Australian side. Winning is winning.

Skills

Snitch

Who would you bring in? Jadeja?

KM

Who would you bring in? Jadeja?
I'd bring in Jadeja regardless. Rohit is just useless, Jadeja is a good batsman in test these days(check his batting record in the last year or so). Kuldeep should come in ahead of Ashwin anyways. Kuldeep has incredible potential.

Next match is in Perth right?

MDFC Manager

I'd bring in Jadeja regardless. Rohit is just useless, Jadeja is a good batsman in test these days(check his batting record in the last year or so). Kuldeep should come in ahead of Ashwin anyways. Kuldeep has incredible potential.

Next match is in Perth right?
Yes, and with the better bounce there, I would definitely play another bowler, even if it's a spinner

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Ashwin at the Rose Bowl all over again. I watched only the first session and Ashwin was awful. Lyon was 10x more threatening.

JohnnyKills

Yes, and with the better bounce there, I would definitely play another bowler, even if it's a spinner
You should do well in Perth with the pace bowling you've got although it's become a bit of a road in recent years. Was very flat when England played there last year.

As others have said, I'd drop Rohit and stick Jadeja in. Kuldeep is a tempting option but would give Ashwin one more chance, not least for his batting.

AshRK

Great result for india and well deserved. It's funny how people are going overboard re ashwin's performance. He was pretty unlucky today , could have had Cummins 3 or 4 times on other day. Contained runs and was bowling consistently. People saying Lyon picked up 6 wickets, fair enough but let us be fair in admitting our lower order were gifting wickets to him while aussie's lower order were playing ashwin safe. Its like people want to replace ash for the sake of it.

There are other problem that our team management has to focus on more like, why our lower order batters are playing brainless shots and giving their wickets away. Our opening is a concern, have to replace vijay and bring in shaw. I would even consider dropping rohit and bringing jadeja. Always feel ash-jadeja bowl extremely well in tandem.

Overall a huge win for india. Now win the freaking series.

zing

Zingle balls
Kohli saying Ashwin bowled to the team's tactics

I can't figure out if Ashwin is shit or Ashwin bowled like shit at the team's instructions. Probably both

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Kohli saying Ashwin bowled to the team's tactics

I can't figure out if Ashwin is shit or Ashwin bowled like shit at the team's instructions. Probably both
I criticised Ashwin as well but looking at his figures (6-149) in comparison to Nathan Lyon (8-205), I don't think he did that bad. Both averaged around 25 and one was playing in conditions that he's accustomed too whereas the other normally averages around 50 on Australian soil.

zing

Zingle balls
I criticised Ashwin as well but looking at his figures (6-149) in comparison to Nathan Lyon (8-205), I don't think he did that bad. Both averaged around 25 and one was playing in conditions that he's accustomed too whereas the other normally averages around 50 on Australian soil.
He bowled very well in the first innings. It is in the second innings he gets regularly caught between plans.

Sandyman

There might not be business class seats available for everyone. Or maybe perks of being the captain. More importantly, who is footing the bill of anushka's business class seat.
And which quick missed out on the seats as there were only 2 that were swapped. Will his performance suffer as a result of this partial behaviour shown by the captain?? The NATION WANTS TO KNOW!!!!!

AgentP

Bhuvaneshwar Kumar needs to be the 4th bowler. His batting will also come in handy.

Mindhunter

Totally missed the test but really thrilled with the result. Starting strong on Australian soil is definitely special.

MDFC Manager

Just seen a photo of the pitch. Looks like a unmowed lawn :lol: Think Australia had no option but to play to their strengths with it.

zing

Zingle balls
Just seen a photo of the pitch. Looks like a unmowed lawn :lol: Think Australia had no option but to play to their strengths with it.
Lots of pitches look like that pre-match. Hopefully they leave the grass on for the match - it will be interesting.

Think playing 4 quicks will be suicidal without Pandya/an all rounder.

If they play 4, I'd like to see Jadeja at 7.

22 overs for each seam bowler is just not practical, and a first innings any longer will compound fatigue.

Sandyman

Australia win the toss and bat first. India going in with 4 quicks as Umesh Yadav and Vihari in for Ashwin and Sharma.

MDFC Manager

The pitch is fiery indeed:D

We've gone with 4 fast bowlers, Vihari may well have to bowl a lot too.

Actually not much movement off the pitch