India tour to Australia

AshRK

Its India's match to lose now but we have seen in the past how india have bottled it from winning positions. Still cannot believe we lost the 1st test I England and SA. Had we won those two, we could have won the series. Lost opportunities. We better not repeat that again.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
It's incredible how much Rahane has detoriated as a batsman. I have no confidence in him right now. In the last Aussie tour he was on par with Kohli as a test batsman.
Not on par. He was better than Kohli. This is the worst I've seen of him since I first saw him in the Mumbai team nearly 10 years ago.

Skills

Snitch
Not on par. He was better than Kohli. This is the worst I've seen of him since I first saw him in the Mumbai team nearly 10 years ago.
Bollocks he was. Kohli outscored him by almost 300 runs that series. 140 of them in an epic run chase that they would've won if anyone in the Indian middle order decided to stick around and support him.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Bollocks he was. Kohli outscored him by almost 300 runs that series. 140 of them in an epic run chase that they would've won if anyone in the Indian middle order decided to stick around and support him.
Coming into that tour (end of 2014):

Rahane averaged 39.88 after 10 matches.
Kohli averaged 39.46 after 29 matches.

At the end of the tour:

Rahane averaged 44.87 after 14 matches
Kohli averaged 46.30 after 33 matches

By the end of the New Zealand series of 2016:

Rahane averaged 51.37 after 29 matches
Kohli averaged 45.56 after 48 matches

Rahane was also superior to Kohli in away series'. I think, up until this point, Rahane was the better test batsmen, however, Kohli has been insane since England home series and Jinx has been awful.

NinjaFletch

I’ve been thinking about this for a while: http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/25481418/toss-advantage-home-advantage

There’s a case to be made for scrapping the toss. Away sides should get to choose whether they want to bat or bowl.
I genuinely think this is an awful, half baked idea that would kill test cricket.

If away sides get to pick then home sides will prepare roads that don't deteriorate to ensure either A) they don't get rolled out on a green top being asked to bat first or B) get spun out on day 5 when the pitch has broken up.

Cricket is a better game when there's something in it for the bowler, and although batsmen are struggling when touring countries the answer can't be to kill the game as a spectacle.

Last edited:

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
I genuinely think this is an awful, half baked idea that would kill test cricket.

If away sides get to pick then home sides will prepare roads that don't deteriorate to ensure either A) they don't get rolled out on a green top being asked to bat first or B) get spun out on day 5 when the pitch has broken up.

Cricket is a better game when there's something in it for the bowler, and although batsmen are struggling touring countries the answer can't be to kill the game as a spectacle.
I'm with you entirely. Sounds like a terrible plan.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
So 322. Should win this.

Ashwin needs to wake up

zing

Zingle balls
Feel like we should've made 30-40 more. May be 320 will be enough.

Ashwin is bowling decently. Not much from the pace bowlers so far.

MDFC Manager

What was Khawaja even thinking there :lol: Almost as if they don't even want to try to win here.

MDFC Manager

For some unknown reason I feel these two will frustrate India. :(
It is going to be a tough drag. Especially when the quick bowlers inevitably tire out. Australia suffered with this when they were bowling too. Need to seriously rethink the 4 bowlers policy for the next test.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Ashwin bowling too short. Not taking advantage of the rough against the right handed batsman like Lyon did.

Krovv

RedCafe Verified
Supports
Arsenal
It is going to be a tough drag. Especially when the quick bowlers inevitably tire out. Australia suffered with this when they were bowling too. Need to seriously rethink the 4 bowlers policy for the next test.
This is where we could use a genuine all rounder for overseas conditions. And I don’t mean Hardik Pandya. Best to go with six batsmen though as batting has been a sore spot recently. Perhaps they’ll have to rotate the bowlers and not use the same four in all Tests.

Rohit Sharma’s selection is a bit baffling, still can’t understand why he threw away his wicket in both innings.

zing

Zingle balls
India have done well to pick up four here. Flat wicket.

MDFC Manager

This is where we could use a genuine all rounder for overseas conditions. And I don’t mean Hardik Pandya. Best to go with six batsmen though as batting has been a sore spot recently. Perhaps they’ll have to rotate the bowlers and not use the same four in all Tests.

Rohit Sharma’s selection is a bit baffling, still can’t understand why he threw away his wicket in both innings.
Agreed and Sharma selection is weird indeed. I think Vihari bowls a little bit? Could have gone with him.

MDFC Manager

India have done well to pick up four here. Flat wicket.
Yup the last one, bouncing him out. Barely saw that from the Aussies who were so one dimensional.

Hope Bumrah hasn't hurt himself too bad

iKnowNothing

This is where India will struggle. Indian teams of old had people who could bowl a few when required - Sehwag, Tendulkar, Ganguly could call bowl (not that they always did).. and here we have Vijay as the part time bowler.

MDFC Manager

This is where India will struggle. Indian teams of old had people who could bowl a few when required - Sehwag, Tendulkar, Ganguly could call bowl (not that they always did).. and here we have Vijay as the part time bowler.
Yup a bit of a tame end to the session and really missing another bowler, but close of play has come at the right time. Can come back refreshed tomorrow.

JohnnyKills

At 248-4 you had a real chance of setting Australia 400 to win but 320 should be plenty. They've not got much batting to come really. One of these two is going to have to play a great innings from here.

Krovv

RedCafe Verified
Supports
Arsenal
I still expect a tough day tomorrow. Marsh will probably get 100 now that he’s settled. Head is also in good form, so a victory is far from guaranteed. If they get the target to under 150, Indians will be very nervous.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
And if there was any doubt before, that surely settles it. Good job, India! :D

Cloud7

This has been the most enthralling test match I’ve watched in a while.

AshRK

Brilliant bowling by indian bowlers. Have to say indian bowling attack is one of the best in today's time. 3 top Pacers and a world class spinner.

MDFC Manager

Brilliant bowling by indian bowlers. Have to say indian bowling attack is one of the best in today's time. 3 top Pacers and a world class spinner.
We've the right captain for that lot too. Think Dhoni would have shut shop by now, and wouldn't have taken the new ball either. That's not a slight on Dhoni before anyone takes offense!