India vs England

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
They'll hardly bowl. On this wicket one seamer would have sufficed. England have dropped a massive clanger having three seamers.
Nasser has been reading my post. Just commented exactly the same.

zing

Zingle balls
Looks solid in India. Really need to see him on pacey swinging wickets.
He'll do well. There was a good article about his upbringing in Times of India, mixed with quotes from his father. He's not an overnight star, made a lot of hard runs. I reckon he's going to be massive for us.

zing

Zingle balls
I loved how he dealt with the pull shot that got him out vs NZ. Lots of talk about how he should make a decision(to play or not to play) and stick with it. Next innings, he pulled one along the ground, hit one for a six and then swayed out of the way of the next one.

mightberight

I thought "India knew how to play spin" when it came to Swann? People seriously underrate him on this board, he's showing his class again in a team which will probably be lucky to avoid a whitewash at this rate.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
I thought "India knew how to play spin" when it came to Swann? People seriously underrate him on this board, he's showing his class again in a team which will probably be lucky to avoid a whitewash at this rate.
One day in and bar a fantastic innings by Sehwag we bowled perfectly well on a flat deck :confused:

'Gis a chance.

Forevergiggs

Looks solid in India. Really need to see him on pacey swinging wickets.
He is only 5 odd test matches old but I can tell you right now that he would be the most comfortable of all the Indian batsmen on away pitches. His footwork and ability to play short pitch bowling is better than any batsmen in this team (excluding Tendulkar).

Kohli is the media and the fans darling but Pujara is going to have a better test career than him. Barring any major injuries he is bang on to make ten thousand runs in test cricket.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
Pujara's a very solid batsman. I've been highly impressed every time I've seen him in domestic or international cricket. Still needs more experience playing outside. Should opt for a county stint instead of the IPL.

Forevergiggs

India should really plan on batting once on this pitch. Should look towards adding another 170 runs and giving England some 20 over to bat at the end of the day. The pitch is already showing sings of dying. Zaheer would be important both in terms of creating foot-marks for the spinners and getting wickets with the odd bowl staying low. England would have to play exceptionally from here to get something from this test match.

England have already started the negative tactics of bowling outside the off stamp and flooding that side with fielders. God I hate this "arrogant despite being mediocre" bunch.

zing

Zingle balls
Wonder how this match would've gone if England had won the toss..

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Stuart Broad :lol:

Btw, wonder if there's been any coverage by the moral guardians of the cricket i.e the English Press on Jonathan Trott?

Forevergiggs

Stuart Broad :lol:

Btw, wonder if there's been any coverage by the moral guardians of the cricket i.e the English Press on Jonathan Trott?
Make a wild guess. :smirk:

I am waiting for the excuses to start rolling in. That is best part of any England tour to India. Let's see who falls into depression first or whose visual ability is hampered by the Indian smog.

mightberight

One day in and bar a fantastic innings by Sehwag we bowled perfectly well on a flat deck :confused:

'Gis a chance.
Wasn't criticising England so much as admitting how hard it is to play in India - we should have used Panesar and we don't have any elite fast bowlers. Finn might have made a difference.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
India should really plan on batting once on this pitch. Should look towards adding another 170 runs and giving England some 20 over to bat at the end of the day. The pitch is already showing sings of dying. Zaheer would be important both in terms of creating foot-marks for the spinners and getting wickets with the odd bowl staying low. England would have to play exceptionally from here to get something from this test match.

England have already started the negative tactics of bowling outside the off stamp and flooding that side with fielders. God I hate this "arrogant despite being mediocre" bunch.
Looks like this may well happen now.

Edit: Spoke too soon!

How many down by the end of the day then?

Forevergiggs

Looks like this may well happen now.
Excellent declaration. Would be good to have a go at tired English openers. A couple of wickets tonight would go a long way in solidifying India's position in the test match.

zing

Zingle balls
Yea. 321 is not a particularly daunting number.

Forevergiggs

This is going to end in a draw i feel.
What? :confused:

I feel that England would have to play out of their skins to save this match on this pitch. It's going to get slower and lower as the game progresses. If our spinners can't get 20 English wickets in 290 odd overs on this track then it would be a real shame.

mightberight

What? :confused:

I feel that England would have to play out of their skins to save this match on this pitch. It's going to get slower and lower as the game progresses. If our spinners can't get 20 English wickets in 290 odd overs on this track then it would be a real shame.
Don't underestimate our ability to dig in, I think Compton and Cook are coping pretty well at the moment. Few near misses but there was always going to be.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
I don't think i'll be getting up early to watch this tomorrow.

OB

Alright, maybe not a draw. I thought England would be resistant. Three down already, not done themselves any favour. We might as would have gone with Bhajji instead of Yadav.

Sultan

Why England would play 3 seamers in India is a big mystery. Foolish.

Sultan

Alright, maybe not a draw. I thought England would be resistant. Three down already, not done themselves any favour. We might as would have gone with Bhajji instead of Yadav.
You were worried with India going in with only 2 seamers yesterday.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
I know, especially after what happened in Pakistan as well where they made the same exact mistake.

Either way I don't think it will have had a massive impact on the game/series. England's inability to play spin in Asia will continue to be their undoing.

This could be a torturous series if you are an England fan.

Neutral

BTV
Think they've gone with the Australian line of thinking - go with your strength. Not simply play spinners, for the sake of playing spinners. Not forgetting, spin also happens to be a real strength of the Indian batsmen.

I know Swann did well, but I'm not sure we'd be saying the same about Panesar. Sure he would have slowed the RR down, but I think his bowling is pretty pedestrian, not enough variety in it.

The plan obviously failed miserably...