Indian Elections 2014

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Not even the most ardent Congress supporters will call their reign as a golden rule. Have people forgotten how it was?

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Instead of attacking sources, why don't you counter facts? Reposting since you didn't bother the 1st time.

There has been an enormous expansion of well-being. Poverty declined two-and-a-half times faster than under the NDA - far faster than at any time in India's history. Partly, that's because of welfarism; and partly because agriculture grew at 2.2 per cent a year under the NDA but at 3.6 per cent a year under UPA-II. Really, this should be all that one needed to say to settle the question of the UPA's place in history, in any halfway moral universe.

Private consumption - what we eat and spend - grew 40 per cent faster a year under the UPA than under the NDA. Private disposable income - our money, not the government's - grew 8.3 per cent a year under the NDA; it grew a startling 20 per cent a year under the UPA. Assuming five per cent inflation under the NDA and seven per cent afterwards, the NDA delivered real disposable income growth of three per cent a year, and the UPA of 13 per cent a year - 10 percentage points faster. And this growth has not stopped, even as the economy slowed.
I don't need to defend Cong because I don't support them, have not, and will never, vote for them, their corruption, their sick twist on secularism, their 1984 riots, their dynasty, their emergency.

RTI: Here, from a source you haven't blacklisted.
http://www.rediff.com/news/intervie...w-much-pm-spent-on-foreign-trips/20151015.htm

October 15, 2015

Commodore Lokesh Batra (retd) on why he filed an RTI application to find out how much the prime minister spent on his foreign visits.

What was the answer you received?

It was quite a struggle. They started forwarding the queries. Very funny answers came out because I went through many appeals and the answers came after many struggles. Like the Canada embassy (high commission) gave me details for expenses in Toronto, Vancouver and Ottawa, after many appeals. Australia gave me complete details. In Sydney, they spent Rs 1 crore (Rs 10 million) plus for a six-hour visit.

Did you get the answer on how much money the prime minister spent on his trips abroad?

No. I have not got all the answers. In the US, the embassy refused to give me details. I got details of only 12, 14 countries and some partial details. That comes to about Rs 50 crore (Rs 500 million)

Was it the same case during Dr Manmohan Singh's tenure too?
Right now, the Web site has information on expenditure from Vajpayee to Manmohan Singh. The expenses of Modi's first trip to Bhutan is available. He spent Rs 2.5 crore (Rs 25 million). Only that is there.

I was curious. I want to study why the expenditure details takes almost two years to file. What is the procedure for bills to come and what is the procedure for payment? I asked for the laid-down procedure.

I also quoted that Manmohan Singh's payment is still not settled from September 7, 2013 to March 4, 2014. These bills are still under process.

As you said, RTI was "a concept which was pending and being asked for for years". National Campaign for People’s Right to Information led that fight. The scroll article was written by a member of that group.

Yes, the Hindu must have made all that up about electrification. It's such nonsense that there's been a probe ordered.
Power Minister orders probe into electrification data
The Minister posted on his facebook page: “Read media report regarding rural electrification data. Have asked my officials to visit villages & check with States to verify. Confident of showcasing the transparency brought about by GARV app but due to State level verification requirement and holiday season, some extra time may be required. (sic).
Quoting from the previous articles, since I don't know what you were reading:
When this discrepancy was pointed out, a senior official of the Rural Electrification Corporation (REC), the nodal agency for rural electrification which functions under the aegis of the Ministry of Power, said: “We put a lot of emphasis on photos. If there is a pole and distribution line visible in the photos, we call it electrified.”

The Hindu found 342 villages where the status marked by the GVA was ‘e0’, which means un-electrified (‘ee’ and ‘en’ mean electrified). And yet, in the ‘overall’ category, all of these villages have been marked as electrified.

Further, as of March 10, 2016, for around 300 villages, the status said: “Village declared electrified by discom [power distribution company]. GVA yet to visit the village for verification.” This indicates that villages have been declared as electrified without waiting for the government’s own representative’s verification, rendering the monitoring system redundant. For many others, a pattern is observed where the date of electrification is way before the first visit made by GVA. And further, if the GVA marks it as un-electrified after visiting, the status is not updated from ‘electrified’ to ‘un-electrified’.

Another concern is that uninhabited villages have been marked as electrified.

A detailed questionnaire mailed to the REC on March 19 seeking its official response went unanswered.

It was found by some researchers at Yale (alumus: Smriti Irani) that BJP wins seats in riot-affected areas, The study was published in Quarterly Journal of Political Science if you are convinced the Hindu is a bad source.

You had said Malda was ignored. I thought you meant by the media, which is why I showed 18 articles by your favourite newspaper on the subject. If you meant by sickulars, well, here is sickular#2:
And here are the overtly communal people:
Jamaat-e-Islami Hind condemns violence in Malda
Unlike with Dadri, it is tough to see how a govt policy led to this riot. That is a fundamental difference BJPites seem to ignore every time. You personally are also ignoring the fact that most sickulars are not fond of Mamata.

And you have also not addressed:
Partial U-turn on NREGA, slashing health funding, hiding Guj malnutrition info, revoking Adivasi rights, celebrating the accused of Muzzafarnagar.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
I gave you enough reason for not believing the shite posted in 'golden age' post. Anybody with half a brain knows how disastrous UPA govt was. Whatever good happened was in spite of Congress not because of them. It is simply proven by the fact of corruption levels. Any govt which is really interested in development will never have such unprecedented level of corruption. It doesn't add up. it is common sense. btw, in your facts, corruption data of Golden age is missing.
I don't care you defend Congress or not but for biased people like you, any nonsensical article, as long as it serves purpose is OK.

On RTI, again, such interviews don't serve any purpose. What is more valid? That information was available before hand and that data available. Again, a simple search will tell you details were public in Sep 2015 and article is from Oct 2015. It is such a stupid point that PM is working on deals for country and traveling for that is a cause of big discussion. I forgot that in Golden age, corruption of millions of billions is the way to go about.

PM orders probe and need more clarity. So let's discount the project as failure already. I mean it is not like you are not aware of the bureaucracy problems in India. The article you posted also talked about stealing in a village where electricity was provided. So what should we do? Blame those who are aiming for 100% rural electrification which is an ambitious project obviously but with a real intent. There will need improvements and regular tracking but dismissing it is laughable. All the more when MNREGA's credit is given to Congress.

Rajdeep Sardesai!! Someone who was given communal angle to Dadri tells not to rationalize Malda. Who rationalized it? Only likes of Rajdeep do it.

Jamaat-e-Islami-Hind are not a political party. I cleared mentioned about opposition which you ignored obviously and posted Rajdeep the great's tweet. I take it you agree he works for opposition?

"It is tough to see how a govt policy led to this riot." Funnily, you yourself had shared an article on how Mamta is playing a 'dangerous game' by not acting against these extremists :lol: :lol: Go read back your own share.

milemuncher777

formerly kid777
Guys anyone questioning Bjp is a biased idiot but there's no none at all bias in having Modi's cock in your mouth while you run into every politics thread wanking over him.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Guys anyone questioning Bjp is a biased idiot but there's no none at all bias in having Modi's cock in your mouth while you run into every politics thread wanking over him.
There are far more people attacking Modi on Caf then the ones who defend him. What a bizzare post.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
The jokers who have no opinion of theirs, no background study, go around making random oneliner comments :lol: :lol:

Interval

Level
Those who shout slogans for destroying Country are not doing anything noble. You may try to paint it as some freedom movement but it is dirty politics by students who live on taxpayer's money and waste it doing activities and events against nation. You can keep on repeating that it was instigated by state, it is clear who did it and why. I don't give a shit about those who are returning awards. Many of those are hand in gloves with opposition parties. The hypocrites who want to return awards in support of those involved in organizing anti-national event but are fine with events like Malda are not worth taking seriously anyway. It was all backed by political parties in opposition and was driven by them and hence the strategically and selective chosen time for award returning. I consider it a joke.

Again, what these students do is live on taxpayer's money, vandalize VC's office and promote hooliganism. Many of these guys are political stooges and it is naive to say they do anything worthwhile. Nobody is stopping the few, if at all, who want to work for poor and marginalized after the Uni but there is hardly any correlation between vandalizing during college, organizing events in support of terrorist and 'working for marginalized.' For me study is the most important thing in College and Uni. Doing corporate job afterwards is million times better than claiming to be working for marginalized and then doing what these 'students' do in reality.
Wow!

If only life were that black and white. Clear ignorance of the stature JNU has and more importantly, of rights that the constitution empowers us with, which btw, are given irrespective of whether I'm on Govt dole or not. BJP fecked up with JNU quite horrendously.

NK86

Wow!

If only life were that black and white. Clear ignorance of the stature JNU has and more importantly, of rights that the constitution empowers us with, which btw, are given irrespective of whether I'm on Govt dole or not. BJP fecked up with JNU quite horrendously.
I agree they fecked up with JNU but it was not because of the arrest, it was because of the arrest of the wrong person. Khalid should have been the one targeted but Kanhaiya got picked up. Worse still, that good for nothing prick is now being totted out as a modern day Bhagat Singh.

Supporter or an opponent, you can surely see how stupid/biased the media is when you read and hear how Kanhaiya is being treated as a revolutionary by those on TV.

Stanzin Lama

Ouster of Congress governments in Arunachal Pradesh and Uttrakhand in span of two months due to intra-party factionalism and open revolt by a section of its legislators should worry Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi.

In Arunachal Pradesh, leader of the breakaway faction of the Congress party Kalikho Pul now heads the government and is supported by the BJP. In Uttarakhand, imposition of President Rule on Sunday was welcomed by rebel Congress MLAs and of course by the BJP. Harish Rawat government technically fell on 18 March when the Congress rebels had voted against the Appropriation bill (passage of budget) with the BJP.

However, the then chief minister Harish Rawat and Speaker Govind Singh Kunjal claimed otherwise saying that the Appropriation bill was passed by the voice vote. But the fact remains the official proceedings suggest that 35 MLAs, out of 67 MLAs present in the House had sought division (voting) and were denied. The numbers clearly indicate that that the Appropriation Bill was not passed on the evening of 18 March.

The Constitution states very clear that if the government of the day fails to pass the budget or any other money bill, the government falls. It would mean that the government has lost confidence of the House and was reduced to a minority and thus has to relinquish office. If Rawat didn't have majority of members in state assembly when Appropriation Bill was put to vote, then he lost the right to rule the state. Moralist arguments are for public debate but don't hold any ground in terms of technicality of the issue.

The BJP-Congress rebels tactic surprised all. It was for the first time that the Opposition and a faction of ruling party joined hands to make a common cause to bring down a state government.

If one takes the statements made by Rawat and Kunjal on face value then the question arises -- why send disqualified MLAs for defying the party whip and come under ambit of anti-defection law. If Rawat and the Speaker's claim on passage of budget is true then it means that these Congress MLAs voted for the government and didn't violate provisions of anti-defection law. More so, if at all the bill was passed why was it not sent to the Governor KK Paul for his sign and seal.

Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley said "it is to be noted that till today, neither the Chief Minister nor the Speaker have forwarded a certified copy of the Appropriation Bill to the Governor. Obviously, there is no assent of the Governor to the Appropriation Bill. In any case, all facts surrounding the alleged discussion and passage of the Appropriation Bill clearly indicate its non-passage.....There are strong facts to suggest that the Appropriation Bill was actually defeated. As a consequence, the Government had to resign. Two further consequences flow out of this. Firstly, the Appropriation Bill sanctioning expenditure from 1 April 2016 was not approved and, secondly, if the Appropriation Bill was defeated, the continuation of the Government subsequent to 18 March 2016 is unconstitutional."

Non-passage and non-certification of Appropriation Bill means that the state government can't incur any expenditure of any kind from 1 April, 2016, something that would bring state machinery to a grinding halt. Now, that President Rule has been imposed in Uttrakhand under Article 356 of the Constitution, the Centre will have to make budgetary provisions under Article 357 for the state.

Rahul Gandhi, of course will have a chance to flex his muscles when the President Rule comes for ratification in Parliament. In Rajya Sabha, the BJP is in minority and the Congress and its supportive parties are in majority.

But then the Congress vice-president should ponder over what Congress rebels like Vijay Bahuguna, Harak Singh Rawat and Subodh Uniyal have been publicly saying for past few days — that for the past few months they made all possible attempts to meet him and seek his intervention for intra-party affairs in Uttrakhand but he didn't give them an appointment. The Congress rebels in Arunachal, which now leads the government with BJP' support, had made similar claims or accusations against him. Despite its Arunachal experience, the Congress leadership didn't take any corrective measures with regard to Uttrakhand.

A news report in The Hindustan Times says similar situation is brewing in another Congress ruled state, Okram Ibobi Singh government in Manipur.

In a news conference on Sunday, after his government was dismissed and President Rule was imposed in Uttrakhand, Harish Rawat said the BJP and Modi government at the Centre had become desperate to remove his government because he had presented an excellent annual budget which would have cured all the ills of the state. A tall claim, by any standards. The time frame for implementation of his own promises was only eight to nine months for the assembly elections in the state, as also for Uttar Pradesh, is set to be announced by early or mid December.

What Rawat didn't mention that it was his government's and his party's responsibility to have that budget passed by the state assembly. Rahul will have to see that he needs to do much more to keep morale of his party leaders and workers.
Congress is self-imploding now.