India's tour of England

brewlio

A prince among poopers
Comical. Massive misunderstanding between Eng batsmen, that should have been run out at the other end. Throw at stumps nearly goes for 4 over throws :lol:

brewlio

A prince among poopers
Ali clean bowled. Made himself a bit of room and charged down the strip...but skittled.

Quality innings though (67). We needed him to make it to the end to post a total. The end is nigh.

brewlio

A prince among poopers
Maybe the plan was always to post a super low score, and lull the Indians into a false sense of security, then Anderson will run through yers with the new ball for fun......

I can dream *sigh*

NinjaFletch

Interestingly the par score here is apparently 226. So England might not be as far off as it seems.

(India to win in 30 overs)

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Judging by Swann's recent comments England probably did target 230 so the ECB will ignore all the ODI problems and give themselves a pat on the back.

brewlio

A prince among poopers
Beautiful drive down the ground for 4 by Rahane. Effortless, didn't try and over hit it. Going at a run a ball (27). Looks a good move putting him up the order.

KeninDC

Rest in Peace
Limited overs cricket is our bread and butter these days. On flatter pitches, I'd back us to regularly chase upwards of 300.
Clearly. Maybe it's the fielding restrictions and limits on a bowler's overs-but India struggle to get 300 in a test innings but are so much more comfortable in limited over games.

Didn't grow up with the game-so I'm still getting my head around the differences between test and 50 overs. T20-I get that's it's a totally different game, but I would have thought success in 50 overs translates into test success-and vice versa. Obviously not.

brewlio

A prince among poopers
Doesn't make any sense to me this. Finn bowling, and there isn't even a slip in there. Bizarre.

Ali on. Do the biz man! Always fancy Ali for a c&b.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
The India supporters in the crowd are having a gala time. Singing 'sandese aate hai' right now.... Were chanting 'Who are ya' at Woakes some time ago.

kps88

Has there ever been such a contrast between the way a team performs in different formats? The best ODI side in the world has never looked so clueless when it comes to Test cricket.

NM

Has there ever been a tour where one side dominated the tests so easily and the others the ODIs?

brewlio

A prince among poopers
Has there ever been a tour where one side dominated the tests so easily and the others the ODIs?
Probably. I remember the Chris Cairns era of NZ cricket being crap at tests but pretty prolific in the 50 over format. Could be wrong though, just a feeling I've got.

kotha

Looks like Botham is having a moan.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/cricket/29056439

I really don't like him having a moan because it results in Dhoni justifying his "Don't be jealous of IPL" statements. Instead of having a real discussion on the issue of how IPL is setting back our test squad,we get into childish chest thumping by the BCCI paid commentators about jealousy. On the other hand I don't even know what should happen before our board really starts looking into the ill effects of IPl.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
It's always the English media and ex-players who seem to have a problem with IPL.

NinjaFletch

I understand British Indians supporting India (although it's plain weird when they're born here but whatever) but I do think it's out of order that a large section of the crowd are booing English players for no reason.

Especially Moeen who I presume is being booed especially for having the audacity to play for England despite being, well, English.