g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

INEOS | 2023/2024 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

atkar83

Unlike people on caf, INEOS clearly believe that their energies and resources are better spent on getting the right people to run the club. The manager can be sacked at any time. The players can be bought if the structure works.
But the club needs a structure and that takes priority.

Even getting the right manager in will be a task that needs some expertise and the past people at the club have clearly shown they have no feckin clue.

Having said all that, ETH is probably getting sacked soon. Even if he is not till the summer, it is not gonna make the season any better.
Exactly. We've sacked managers in-season previously and its never worked out. Just take time with your appointment and get it right

RedRocket9908

But over the top, but not sacking ETH is absolutely a really bad start to their tenure in charge in my opinion.
Considering they knew that not qualifying for the Champions League would cost us millions yet have allowed a failing manager to keep is job while we have fallen past the point where we cant qualify for it isnt a good start at all.

In my opinion Erik should have been sacked after the embarrasment against Fulham.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
It could take 10 years before we win a league under these. We can't expect results months into their tenure. They can't even buy a team to get immediate results due to FFP. We're fecked basically until they can sort the finances out and get the structure right to buy more sensibly.

leontas

They made the right moves with the backroom staff and initiating talks about OT redevelopment.

But they needed to act more decisively on ETH. If we had got rid earlier in the season we could have had a chance to fight for the 5th spot. And that would’ve send a clear message that they’re not messing about and significant under-performance will not be tolerated.

This dithering on ETH and waiting for other people to start their roles just sends the wrong message for me.

SouthernRedDev

If ineos have any aspirations toward the FA cup they should get someone other than ETH to setup the team for the final.

ole@thewheel

I predict this thread will go for years...

Hope mostly for good reasons though!

criticalanalysis

Where's the Youtube highlights? Can they play at centre back?

Not heard of them but let's sign in the summer.

Waynne

It could take 10 years before we win a league under these. We can't expect results months into their tenure. They can't even buy a team to get immediate results due to FFP. We're fecked basically until they can sort the finances out and get the structure right to buy more sensibly.
The silver lining here is that we have the right people in the right places to make the right calls. They just need time to sort things out and we need to give them that. To reset the club the changes are being made at the top and this is what Rangnick alluded to when he said United need open heart surgery.

A reset is in progress with the right shot callers in position. Patience is needed now more than ever.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
People are going to call the OP knee-jerk but they haven't inspired much confidence so far. Not sacking ETH in Dec/Jan and letting this season drift into nothing is questionable in the very least. We are embarrassing week in and week out and are getting humiliated home and away. And it is going to get worse in the remaining 4 games.

The briefing that everyone is up for sale besides a couple of players was stupid. Who strengthens their negotiating position by undervaluing their assets?

What is this obsession with Dan Ashworth? I have been put off by his appointment since I heard from Gary that he was grooming him to take over the England job one day. Are we sure these guy is hacked out to be what we are being sold?

So far the only positive regarding them is that they are not the Glazers (and some buffoons are happy that Jim is a native). Otherwise, their ownership of the clubs in France and Switzerland is nothing to write home about.

Last edited:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
People are going to call the OP knee-jerk but they haven't inspired much confidence so far. Not sacking ETH in Dec/Jan and letting this season drift into nothing is questionable in the very least. We are embarrassing week in and week out and are getting humiliated home and away. And it is going to get worse in the remaining 4 games.

The briefing that everyone is up for sale besides a couple of players was stupid. Who strengthens their negotiating position by undervaluing their assets?

What is this obsession with Dan Ashworth? I have been put off by his appointment since I heard from Gary that he was grooming him to take over the England job one day. Are we sure these guy is hacked out to be what we are being sold?

So far the only positive regarding them is that they are not the Glazers (and some buffoons are happy that Jim is a native). Otherwise, their ownership of the clubs in France and Switzerland is nothing to write home about.
They didn't take over officially until late February, so they couldn't do anything in December or January.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
They didn't take over officially until late February, so they couldn't do anything in December or January.
They should have let him go in Feb then. We still had a pretty good chance of getting top 4 with only one game a week for most of the remaining season.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
They should have let him go in Feb then. We still had a pretty good chance of getting top 4 with only one game a week for most of the remaining season.
Nah it was game over for months. I called it back in November or December where it was obvious. An interim can do some good shit, but we realistically needed title challenging form for the 2nd half of the season to be top 4 challengers. We were way off.

Insanity indeed, no manager was coming in Feb & turning this bunch of utter shite & with this injury list into top 4.
Have you been living under a rock?

I mean, the manager is shite, but the players available since Feb have been so far off top four quality it’s insane.

Phil

They could have acted sooner and got rid of ETH, but I get the “cool heads” type of approach. Hopefully they used the time to scout our next manager.

Now, they need to act between now and the end of the season or it’ll be alarm bells.

Eddy_JukeZ

If they somehow keep ETH, we can forget about any success.

But I'm pretty sure they're not stupid/incompetent to do so.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Insanity indeed, no manager was coming in Feb & turning this bunch of utter shite & with this injury list into top 4.
Have you been living under a rock?

I mean, the manager is shite, but the players available since Feb have been so far off top four quality it’s insane.
What a moronic post. Do you understand football?

This bunch may not have title challenging capability but they are not utter shite. What fecking nonsense! If played a style of football that suits them they definitely would have done better under a pragmatic manager. Like they did last season when we were more compact. You can't play a high pressing system with a midfield two from Casemiro, Amrabat, Eriksen, Mainoo & Scott Mctominay and with a back four from of AWB, Dalot, Maguire, Varane, Evans and Lindelof behind them. They are suited for mid to low block, you cannot play an expansive style of football with them. Any other form would be suicidal as we have seen this season.

This manager talks utter tripe and his disciples are the biggest clowns to buy that shit. He told Gary that he continued with this system because he didn't want to make changes when the injured players came back. But who are these injured players who are suited to play this brand of football with haphazard pressing and huge gaps in the midfield?

Any manager with good organizational skills would have set-up to suit the players we have in squad. The football wouldn't have been pretty but at least we would have got results. Right now both our football and results are horrendous.

Pughnichi

They only took control officially 20th Feb so couldn’t have sacked him Dec/Jan

That said, it reminds me a little when managers come in and give players a fresh start. Why? They should know what they’re walking in to. Similarly INEOS (having been involved in a lengthy takeover) could easily see what TH is (or isn’t) capable of.

Revan

Assumptionman
Pessimistic prediction: this thread will become common wisdom in two years. :drool:

It is how this forum has been post SAF. Someone new gets appointed in the new role, it doesn't look great, but give him/them a chance. It doesn't look great and the eyes say this is bad, but you are not allowed to criticize, that is knee jerk. Then a few people start criticizing. Then a few more. And then it become unanimous. And then it becomes, it was obvious that it was bad from the reactionary folk.

No idea if I am talking for the manager or INEOS, or the previous regime. Probably all of them.

RedDevilQuebecois

They made the right moves with the backroom staff and initiating talks about OT redevelopment.

But they needed to act more decisively on ETH. If we had got rid earlier in the season we could have had a chance to fight for the 5th spot. And that would’ve send a clear message that they’re not messing about and significant under-performance will not be tolerated.

This dithering on ETH and waiting for other people to start their roles just sends the wrong message for me.
As much as we talk about Ten Hag here, I would also apply that to Marc Skinner's situation with the women's team too. Even if Skinner wins the FA Cup on Sunday, he should not be given a new contract at all.

Just as you pointed out, dithering is sending a wrong message for our ambitions. INEOS should not have used the process of hiring Berrada, Wilcox and Ashworth as an excuse for not taking action when it was necessary.

What a moronic post. Do you understand football?
Moronic indeed, Ineos took over on 20th Feb.

So if they fired him on day one, at that point we were 5 points behind Villa & since the 20th Feb we’ve played 9 games.
Villa have picked 18 points since 20th Feb.

So you’re suggesting a manager could parachute in to a side with so many injuries that we’re playing kids at CB vs Liverpool and then Casemiro at CB and suddenly pick up 2.55 points per game? (City this season have 2.34 ppg).

And you’re calling me the moron who doesn’t understand football?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Pessimistic prediction: this thread will become common wisdom in two years. :drool:

It is how this forum has been post SAF. Someone new gets appointed in the new role, it doesn't look great, but give him/them a chance. It doesn't look great and the eyes say this is bad, but you are not allowed to criticize, that is knee jerk. Then a few people start criticizing. Then a few more. And then it become unanimous. And then it becomes, it was obvious that it was bad from the reactionary folk.

No idea if I am talking for the manager or INEOS, or the previous regime. Probably all of them.
Agreed but I'd at least give them 12 fecking months before crying about them, especially when they've made some decent infrastructure recruitments and are committing to improving Old Trafford and Carrington.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
The dithering over the managers future is eerily reminiscent of the Glazers and the conglomeration of assorted morons that ran the club prior to INEOS.

Roboc7

Surprised not seeing some sort of briefing today about this future. Can only be reluctance to sack manager before the Cup Final that is stopping them from sacking him.

Blood Mage

I mean, if they don't want to sack him then they should surely stop being fecking cowards and give him a new contract? Back him or sack him and stop doing your best Glazer impression.

ElDiabloRojo

Dithering Cowards
Well it's still early for Ratcliffe.

The nurse has just done the meds round and it's jelly and ice cream for desert after bingo this afternoon.

Joking aside, it's purely financial as to why ETH hasn't been sacked already.

Son

They’ve literally just walked in the door after the Glazer’s have torched the building. :lol:

How can they even affect anything yet on the field? They are currently planning for the summer and trying to get backroom staff through the door.

RedDevilQuebecois

Well it's still early for Ratcliffe.

The nurse has just done the meds round and it's jelly and ice cream for desert after bingo this afternoon.

Joking aside, it's purely financial as to why ETH hasn't been sacked already.
Are we that skint? Why would we bring the richest man in the UK if not exactly for taking care of matters like that as his group wanted exclusivity in controlling football ops?

ElDiabloRojo

Are we that skint? Why would we bring the richest man in the UK if not exactly for taking care of matters like that as his group wanted exclusivity in controlling football ops?
FFP matters maybe.

Will effect what they can spend.

Is money for staffing different from transfer funds in relation to FFP? I don't think it is.

Baxquux

The Ashworth thing is dubious. I'm not adverse to him coming in per se but in the circumstances, am uncertain it was a good call. Part of it is undoubtedly SDB's closeness to SJR precluding someone else assuming ownership of wider footballing operations, and the 'trust' they have. However, not making the (available and proven) Michael Edwards a proper offer and a new challenge, rather than gambling on Ashworth (with less of a PL track record, less of a European contact list, and with an awkward employment situation) was potentially awful miscalculation. Brailsford could be a consultant on 'gains' and overseeing non-footballing operations instead: JCB is supremely qualified but occupying a less hands-on role - one might ask, why are we letting this pals act disrupt root and branch reform by 'best in class' which needs to be done right now, including decision on manager? Do we think, say, ME would have as many compunctions about sacking a manager desperately underperforming on metrics as well as comms and dressing-room morale?

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Moronic indeed, Ineos took over on 20th Feb.

So if they fired him on day one, at that point we were 5 points behind Villa & since the 20th Feb we’ve played 9 games.
Villa have picked 18 points since 20th Feb.

So you’re suggesting a manager could parachute in to a side with so many injuries that we’re playing kids at CB vs Liverpool and then Casemiro at CB and suddenly pick up 2.55 points per game? (City this season have 2.34 ppg).

And you’re calling me the moron who doesn’t understand football?
You actually don't. And I think you are bad at mathematics too.

After 25 games we had 44 points @1.76/game. Even extrapolating that, we would have 62 points right now with a game in hand on Villa. We definitely would have had a chance if a new manager did better than ETH.

More importantly:

- We didn't know back then that Villa are going to get 18 points from the next 9 or 10.
- 5th place was still in play back then and at that time England football still had a great chance to secure that extra CL spot.

Coming with this nonsense based on hindsight ignores the fact that with 1/3rd of the game left in the season we were only 5 points behind Villa and had every chance to make that up. Also, who knows what pressure could have done if we were breathing down their neck for that 4th spot. Right now Spurs turn to shit has given them an easy ride for that 4th spot.

Even right now we have two things in play: A chance at Europa league for next season and the FA cup. And they are still dithering. The cost of sacking ETH can easily be covered by an entry into Europa for next season. But still....nothing.

Last edited:

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
I think Ratcliffe mentioned that it will take three years before we're properly competing with the top teams, but we really need to get the backroom structure right by start of next season, with hopefully a new coach, an analysis of players, medical (why do we get so many injuries? My team, Northampton Town, have also struggled this season with up to 11 potential first teamers out at times), scouting, and contracts.
I personally think that most of this seasons squad will still be here, possibly going would be Varane, Casemiro, Evans, Eriksen, Lindelof, Maguire and certainly Martial, but some underperforming players this year may, under a new coach/system, improve. I think that a lot of players don't really believe in ETH, Rashford certainly doesn't appear to get on with him, and I don't think he's the only one.

tomaldinho1

There have been some bad posts on the caf but this might be the worst of them all. If a troll attempt, great, if not, seek help.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
After 5 years of owning Nice they ended up 9th in the French league. Just compare Qatar owned PSG who were a mid-table club before they were bought, to Nice, INEOS and Qatar competing in the same league its clear to see who is doing better, PSG have won 9 out of 10 titles or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.