Ineos appointments - Who will they be?

AFC NimbleThumb

You do realize that none of this has anything to do with my convenience? You decided to get pissy because someone didn't read your mind and put your post in the context of a specific post from a different thread that happens to be contrary to this one.

PS:This post contains no ire, just genuine amazement. ;)
You asked a question. I have since clarified.

You’ve claimed I’m pissy & admitted being perplexed. All this aside, I have clarified your misunderstanding yet you continue to call me things & attempt to agitate this further.

I tried to call an end to this posts ago.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
I think we'll go for Dougie Freedman and in the summer we'll appoint Brendan Rodgers to replace ETH.
Rodgers?! Basically ruined Leicester. Got lucky with Suarez, but fecked up massively at Liverpool when he left. Can not organize a defence. Can not organize a high press. Has never developed a proper build-up.
Huge ego and difficult to work with for a recruitment department. Sounds like a great idea!

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
You asked a question. I have since clarified.

You’ve claimed I’m pissy & admitted being perplexed. All this aside, I have clarified your misunderstanding yet you continue to call me things & attempt to agitate this further.

I tried to call an end to this posts ago.
No one called you anything.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Where did I say you called me something. Come off it Rouve. You are continuing this & ignoring the fact I have addressed your initial issue.
It means that you are angry, pissed off.

croadyman

Would like to see us bring in TWO of the below as Director of Football and Head of Recruitment

Ashworth
Mitchell
Edwards
Freedman
Ward

Not sure which of them fit better into each category so if anyone knows more about that feel free to put me right on it

Last edited:

davidmichael

For those saying it will be all four of Blanc, Brailsford, Ashworth and Mitchell - any idea what the breakdown of role / responsibilities would look like within that group?

The distinctions between technical, football and sporting directors have always been a bit fuzzy to me so I’m particularly unclear around Ashworth / Mitchell.

Seems like Blanc is most likely to take the CEO position which seems the most distinct given it extends past the sporting department and will include accountability for strategy, brand, commercial, finance etc.
Blanc as CEO
Brailsford as Head Of Performance
Ashworth as Director Of Football
Mitchell as Head Of Recruitment

That’s how I’d see it being although maybe we’d go after Michael Edwards if we can’t get Dan Ashworth but then there’s been plenty of reliable people saying we’re in for Ashworth, that Ashworth wants to come as he has ties to Ineos and that Newcastle are fine with him going as they want the bloke at Bournemouth to come in.

Lentwood

I saw a few posts a few pages back saying that we're planning to hold-off on any signings until the Summer. To me, that makes perfect sense.

This season is a bust and we've proven that our hit-rate when diving into the transfer market is appallingly low. We need to stop throwing good money after bad.

I'd go as far as to say that we shouldn't spend another penny on the squad until we have a proper DoF and/or Head of Recruitment in-place.

cyril C

For those saying it will be all four of Blanc, Brailsford, Ashworth and Mitchell - any idea what the breakdown of role / responsibilities would look like within that group?

The distinctions between technical, football and sporting directors have always been a bit fuzzy to me so I’m particularly unclear around Ashworth / Mitchell.

Seems like Blanc is most likely to take the CEO position which seems the most distinct given it extends past the sporting department and will include accountability for strategy, brand, commercial, finance etc.
I thought we have been trying for the past decade, so what difference will it make? Just when someone said we shall learn from the Sanchez mistake, here came CR. Just when someone said we will learn from the Schweinstiger mistake, then came Varane & Casemiro (OK, there are improvement, they can still play 1-2 season).

IMO just different ways to accommodate your mate(s), to justify 500K/p.a. package.

McFred

I saw a few posts a few pages back saying that we're planning to hold-off on any signings until the Summer. To me, that makes perfect sense.I'd go as far as to say that we shouldn't spend another penny on the squad until we have a proper DoF and/or Head of Recruitment in-place.
This - people calling for instant DoF/Recruitment changes and money thrown at January are naive to the point of childishness.

They have spent over a billion on this, any reasonable person would take a bit of time to actually observe first hand what is going on before throwing people out/making wholesale change.

redmanx

If Jim Ratcliffe is really serious about reforming United then his first action must be to get rid of all the dross in the changing room; the whiners, the whingers, those who cant be bothered, those who are not good enough, those who are past their best, those who will never be good enough and those who are happy to just warm the bench season after season. We need to be rid of Dalot, Varane, Lindelof, McTominay, Martial, Sancho, Onana and Antony as soon as possible and Maguire, Shaw, Wan Bissaka, Bruno and Rashford should be put on notice that if they do not show consistency in their performances and show better attitudes they too will be out. Because of the utter stupidity of giving players ridiculous contracts and money when they most certainly dont deserve them it will cost us to be rid of the dross but in the long term it will pay dividends as by bringing in fresh faces, from both the academy and through transfers, the toxic poisenous atmosphere which has been weighing the dressing room down for several years, festereing through certain players who were more interested in their "brands" and "images" than they were with playing football, an attitude which in some players still prevails to this day, will be erradicated. You cant make a silk purse from a cows arse, Manchester United needs immediate, drastic surgery!

Stig

Blanc and Brailsford are nailed on,

will it be Ashworth or Mitchell for Director of Football? Will it be both with Mitchell being Head of Recruitment?

either way any of those situations are a monumental upgrade.
Who are all those people. I assume is L Blanc who played for us

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Yay loving all this positivity all of a sudden. I really hope we make best in class appointments and are brutal with the experienced players. Most are top 4 level at their very best. I’d say we have 4 or 5 players that could be in a league winning team as things stand. We need to build around the youth we have coming through and the likes of Shaw and Martinez. I also think Rasmus and Onana will come good. They seem like proper professionals.

croadyman

If Jim Ratcliffe is really serious about reforming United then his first action must be to get rid of all the dross in the changing room; the whiners, the whingers, those who cant be bothered, those who are not good enough, those who are past their best, those who will never be good enough and those who are happy to just warm the bench season after season. We need to be rid of Dalot, Varane, Lindelof, McTominay, Martial, Sancho, Onana and Antony as soon as possible and Maguire, Shaw, Wan Bissaka, Bruno and Rashford should be put on notice that if they do not show consistency in their performances and show better attitudes they too will be out. Because of the utter stupidity of giving players ridiculous contracts and money when they most certainly dont deserve them it will cost us to be rid of the dross but in the long term it will pay dividends as by bringing in fresh faces, from both the academy and through transfers, the toxic poisenous atmosphere which has been weighing the dressing room down for several years, festereing through certain players who were more interested in their "brands" and "images" than they were with playing football, an attitude which in some players still prevails to this day, will be erradicated. You cant make a silk purse from a cows arse, Manchester United needs immediate, drastic surgery!
What are you defining as soon as possible in relation to those 8 players mentioned

Revan

Assumptionman
Blanc as CEO

That’s how I’d see it being although maybe we’d go after Michael Edwards if we can’t get Dan Ashworth but then there’s been plenty of reliable people saying we’re in for Ashworth, that Ashworth wants to come as he has ties to Ineos and that Newcastle are fine with him going as they want the bloke at Bournemouth to come in.
What would be the difference of Head of Performance and Director of Football?

I guess something similar to NBA teams who have a president of basketball and a general manager but I never understood that division there (most have only one).

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
What would be the difference of Head of Performance and Director of Football?

I guess something similar to NBA teams who have a president of basketball and a general manager but I never understood that division there (most have only one).
This may be wrong as it's entirely my own understanding but I would think the responsibilities would be something like this:

Head of Performance Oversees:
- Best methods for recovery and preparation
- Medical stuff
- Nutrition

Director of Football Oversees:
- Recruitment Strategy
- Training Infrastructure
- Overall on pitch performance and improvement strategies with the manager

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I think with Ashworth, the only stumbling blocks are how much compensation Newcastle will demand and how long of a gardening leave he will have to serve there. There have been rumors connecting him to United should Ineos take on the football management and he has done nothing to squash them, plus he's very close to Brailsford and working together to put one of the biggest names in English football back on track is a challenge he wouldn't pass up.

croadyman

I think with Ashworth, the only stumbling blocks are how much compensation Newcastle will demand and how long of a gardening leave he will have to serve there. There have been rumors connecting him to United should Ineos take on the football management and he has done nothing to squash them, plus he's very close to Brailsford and working together to put one of the biggest names in English football back on track is a challenge he wouldn't pass up.
Yeah can we afford to pay that compensation

Paul778

Who are all those people. I assume is L Blanc who played for us
I'm kinda hoping Mitchell is head of recruitment too, and Ashworth or another quality option is DoF who has performed that role well for a long period elsewhere comes in for that role.

There is so so much to do beyond just recruitment so let someone else work on the more broad DoF role.

Would love Mitchell to come in with a laser focus on just recruitment. Getting that department working well, not just buying the ready made first team players, but routinely buying and selling up and coming players at a profit whilst always having a number of hot prospects ready to break through... That would be such a step change for united.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Blanc as CEO

That would be such an amazing upgrade and finally we would see competent people in charge

AdNani

So is it actually going to be

Brailsford

Blanc - CEO
Ashworth - Director of Football
Mitchell - Head of Recruitment

That is genuinely the biggest upgrade to anything at the club for the best part of 10 years and difficult not to get excited about. Ashworth in particular.

gajender

Brailsford

Blanc - CEO

That is genuinely the biggest upgrade to anything at the club for the best part of 10 years and difficult not to get excited about. Ashworth in particular.
Only Blanc and Brailsford are actually Shoo in , other two are far from certain .

ColvaleGoa

Brailsford

Blanc - CEO

I think Mitchell is waiting for the United Job. Ashworth might be difficult depending on his contract with Saudi FC.

It will genuinely be amazing if we get all of the above.

Infra-red

If United are genuinely interested, they will surely already be aware of Ashworth's contractual notice period. Either he'll be timing his resignation to make sure he's available for the summer, or United will be planning to compensate Newcastle. Either way, it shouldn't be a big stumbling block. The key question is whether Ashworth actually wants the job.

gajender

Yeah until I see the likes of Stone or Whitwell saying we want both I remain skeptical
I believe they might be targets but I don't think they are in anyway frontrunners for the job or anything like that .

croadyman

I believe they might be targets but I don't think they are in anyway frontrunners for the job or anything like that .
Do you think there is any serious interest in either of the ex scouse pair at all?

gajender

Do you think there is any serious interest in either of the ex scouse pair at all?
Could be but I am more than fine with any appointment and have open mind even if they aren't well known names .

I just don't subscribe to so called best in the class narrative when it comes to these positions .

Stig

So we are going to be the NW champions of cycling ?