Injury Crisis 2023/24 | Martínez and Casemiro back in training

kundalini

Genuine question, with all these injuries is Donny available? Surely he should make at least the bench now. I lost any hope with him making it here a long time ago but we are desperate for bodies.
Donny was in training pics from earlier this week. He is eligible to play PL but not CL. He did get a brief appearance earlier in the season.

He will leave the club as soon as a suitable deal can be agreed, either in January or the summer. It had been expected that he would depart in August but Real Sociedad weren't prepared to meet United's demands.

Red Royal

Donny was in training pics from earlier this week. He is eligible to play PL but not CL. He did get a brief appearance earlier in the season.

He will leave the club as soon as a suitable deal can be agreed, either in January or the summer. It had been expected that he would depart in August but Real Sociedad weren't prepared to meet United's demands.
Thanks... hopefully he can turn his career around, unlikely to be at United though. Another poor signing.

IRN-BRUno

Suffered a setback during his rehabilitation which required further surgery but on course to return early next year.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Any updates on injuries, Eriksen, Amad?

edit:

Last edited:

TheReligion

Abusive
When is Eriksen due back? And Mount?

Looks like we won’t see Martinez, Casemiro and Malacia until January.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
When is Eriksen due back? And Mount?

Looks like we won’t see Martinez, Casemiro and Malacia until January.
Has there been any recent update on Martinez and Casemiro? Last I saw was Martinez was back at Carrington doing individual training.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
It's a shame Martinez and Casemiro are out for so long!

always_hoping

and Martínez returned to training today.

Manutd.com on their preview for the Bayern game said " Casemiro, Lisandro Martinez and Tyrell Malacia are not set to return until 2024" With Casemiro,Martinez back in training both should be back in match action before January?

VivaRonaldo85

The back four on Sunday could be fun. I’ve never known anything like this fun of injuries at the moment.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
I wonder if anyone at the club is doing anything to figure out the root cause behind all these injuries. I don't believe it's just bad luck or a coincidence at this point.

didz

For all the talk of McTominay being better further up the pitch, the way it's going he'll be the player available in the squad with the most experience at CB.

sizzling sausages

Thinks TBP is a soft tagline whore
Scout
Middlesbrough were without nine first team players for their match on Saturday against Ipswich.
We're at 10 with tonight's injuries.

That's not counting Diallo, who wouldn't play even if fit or Sancho who is fit but out of the picture.

Ludens the Red

It’s amazing isn’t it. We continually get told football players are fitter than they’ve ever been. But absolutely nothing shows that to be the case. The amount of muscle based injuries that are ever increasing over the years would actually suggest the opposite to me. I don’t know if it’s the diet or the physical training regime or both but something is up. They’re getting it very very wrong somewhere. When you go through the PL you’re seeing teams with double digits of players out injured, something is clearly not right and it’s not the World Cup or the amount of games because it’s happening all through the league.

spiriticon

He's an injury prone player and Ten Hag started him every game since he came back, we've been playing two games a week. Where's the Pikachu surprise face gif?
I would like to think that a professional athlete could last longer than a month, even if playing 2 games a week.

Regardless, I don't think our injury crisis is purely down to bad luck. I think it's also poor planning from the coaching team.

Manncunian

It’s amazing isn’t it. We continually get told football players are fitter than they’ve ever been. But absolutely nothing shows that to be the case. The amount of muscle based injuries that are ever increasing over the years would actually suggest the opposite to me. I don’t know if it’s the diet or the physical training regime or both but something is up. They’re getting it very very wrong somewhere. When you go through the PL you’re seeing teams with double digits of players out injured, something is clearly not right and it’s not the World Cup or the amount of games because it’s happening all through the league.
It’s not just football though. Tennis players blaming the balls, football players blaming number of matches.

It’s almost as if there’s currently a pandemic in which people keep getting reinfected with a virus shown to induce muscular damage.

COVID negatively impacts body composition/muscle function

Association between SARS‐COV‐2 infection and muscle strain injury occurrence in elite male football players

The study above reported a five times higher risk of developing a muscle strain after a SARS-CoV-2 infection in elite male football players.

Since more time that’s passed = more infections, you’d expect the situation to worsen year by year, which it is doing.

The women’s game hasn’t escaped the injuries either.

Arsenal Women’s list of injuries just keeps growing – 43% of players injured

Oh and just across the Atlantic. Injury crisis in the NFL.

What’s Causing the NFL’s QB Injury Crisis?

MLB too. They’re trying to blame the pitch clock though rather than number of games or the balls. Such an amazing coincidence every major sport has an injury crisis.

Major League Baseball Increased Injury Severity

Last edited:

slored1

It's not a thing of luck. The team is full of unathletic players who just are not fit enough for purpose. Given all the injuries are non-contact and muscular, there are just no excuses if 10 of the players are out at the same time.