Injury Crisis 2023/24 | Martínez and Casemiro back in training

Any idea who we will have back after the international break? Be good if Hojlund can stay fit and Varane and Martinez can return, combined with Mount and Amrabat being ready I think we will be in good shape with Dalot being able to deputize for Shaw very well.

Any idea who we will have back after the international break? Be good if Hojlund can stay fit and Varane and Martinez can return, combined with Mount and Amrabat being ready I think we will be in good shape with Dalot being able to deputize for Shaw very well.

I imagine Lindelof will be fine as he only had an “illness”.
I think Varane is out for a few more weeks.

Was squeaky bum time when the team sheet came out! Lad looked a good delayer though.
I was at the game and I was impressed he’s a big unit and will cause defenders trouble. Still raw but I’ve high hopes for him

Seems to be a lot of injuries very early in the season, not just at United, but across the league.
Is it the winter World Cup, vaccines, or just a fluke? Have players not fully recovered from last season injuries or have players felt physically and mentally refressed and started this season balls to the wall only to over exert themselves too early causing said injuries? Or, is this par for the course and nothing odd about it?

Seems to be a lot of injuries very early in the season, not just at United, but across the league.
Is it the winter World Cup, vaccines, or just a fluke? Have players not fully recovered from last season injuries or have players felt physically and mentally refressed and started this season balls to the wall only to over exert themselves too early causing said injuries? Or, is this par for the course and nothing odd about it?
Tin foil hat conspiracy rules supreme! Ugh.

It's astonishing that Evans who was meant to be a deep replacement to be used scaresly and only in case of some crazy injury crisis had to be called upon at the very beginning of September and against Arsenal away from home. That shows how unfortunate United are with injuries at the start of the season. It's not just mare injury crisis this is a catastrophy!

Last edited:
Any chance any of these will be back after the international break , how long is Mount for?

Amrabat was apparently replaced in the Morocco squad by another player.

So crisis carrying on.

Anybody who has watched any of our games can see we are miles off fitness wise. Whatever happened in preseason was a disaster

Anybody who has watched any of our games can see we are miles off fitness wise. Whatever happened in preseason was a disaster
Jose, Ole, EtH - what's that, 6-7 years and we've not improved on our fitness level.
Yet again we look so lethargic!

We are turning into the Jimmy Tarbuck of football teams - a very unfunny joke

Current injury status and expected return dates:

Mount/Amrabat/Martinez - 16/9
Shaw -22/10
Mainoo - 6/10
Varane - 23/9
Malacia - 30/9
Amad/Heaton - n/a

Current injury status and expected return dates:

Mount/Amrabat/Martinez - 16/9
Shaw -22/10
Mainoo - 6/10
Varane - 23/9
Malacia - 30/9
Amad/Heaton - n/a

Is Shaw really due back that soon? I was under the impression it’d be mid-November at the earliest.

We should have prioritized a centre back before Mount and Onana, stupid forward planning.
this is a horrible post. We literally have what 4 or 5 cb options injured at the moment? You want to plan for that over literally not having a gk or a starting CM?

this is a horrible post. We literally have what 4 or 5 cb options injured at the moment? You want to plan for that over literally not having a gk or a starting CM?
Mount is hardly a CM and would you honestly trust Evans and Maguire, Varane cannot be relied on to play consecutive games this was known. The injury to Malacia was also known before the season started which resulted in a panic loan.

Mount is hardly a CM and would you honestly trust Evans and Maguire, Varane cannot be relied on to play consecutive games this was known. The injury to Malacia was also known before the season started which resulted in a panic loan.
to say we shouldve added a cb is fine, which i think was the plan before maguire wouldnt move. But to say we shouldnt have signed our CM or GK, and you can argue all you want about how you feel about mount but the fact remains is EtH signed him as a starting CM for us, is just flat out wrong. We have Varane, Martinez, Lindelof, and even Shaw as CB options before maguire/evans even enter the fray. The fact that all 4 were injured by end of last game is just bad luck. Adding another CB option would obviously be great but not at the expense of two starting positions

Martial left training after 5 minutes.
And nobody noticed…..
I once played in a Sunday league game where our right winger went off to do a shit mid way through the first half. Nobody noticed until he came back on and the ref booked him for leaving the field without his permission.
Could have been martial

Jose, Ole, EtH - what's that, 6-7 years and we've not improved on our fitness level.
Yet again we look so lethargic!

That's overstating it. It was much better under Ole than it was under Jose (who's well known for his comparative disregard for this), and I think it was better last season than it was under Ole. So let's see.

Center back situation worries me. I was hoping that we could sell Maguire for some money and bring decent cover/competition for Varane(maybe a long term replacement even), but Maguire's greed was too much and we're stuck now. We have to basically pray that injury prone Varane somehow manages not to miss too much time this season in order for season not to be a catastrophe.

Next summer, center back is a definite #1 priority(young, talented one, transfer similar to Josko Gvardiol to City this summer), big money should be spent there. Basically ask the question who is the most talented young center back in the world that we can afford? I hope it will be done with potential new ownership.

Also, back up striker to Hojlund(or even competition) is a #2 priority, when Martial leaves the club in the summer(he's done as a footballer). Then possibly selling one of AWB and Dalot and bringing a more offensively potent fullback(Frimpong?). Shaw's injury record is concerning as well, I don't know when he's coming back and he's getting up there in age(will be 29 next season). Another left back could be a possibility, but probably not, at least next summer.

And, finally, a press resistant ball carrier which I've wanted for such a long time now, someone like Frenkie de Jong(Kouadio Kone, Khephren Thuram...). Nunes and Gravenberch are also similar to FDJ and already went to our bitter, main rivals, unfortunately and we needed that kind of a player, not Mason Mount...

That's overstating it. It was much better under Ole than it was under Jose (who's well known for his comparative disregard for this), and I think it was better last season than it was under Ole. So let's see.
Better I agree, but still not good enough.

Maybe around October this eases a bit and Erik might be able to field all of his new signings.

Mount - 1 week
Amrabat - 1-2 weeks
Malacia - 2-3 weeks
Varane - 2-3 weeks
Mainoo - 3-4 weeks
Shaw - 5+ weeks
Amad - 5+ weeks
Martial - indefinite

So many muscular injuries already. Mount, Malacia, Varane, Shaw...