Inter

Interista

True, but I think your midfield would still be overrun by Barca, Real, Chelsea, Liverpool and United in that order.

In Italy, Juve and possibly Roma might give you some competition, the rest of the teams are a joke.
In Italy Inter and Juve are the biggest candidates for the title but as Josè said, AC Milan and Roma shouldn't be written off even if they didn't make any relevant signings. The market isn't over though. What's the difference with Spain? Barça and Real are the only two teams that can realistically hope to win the league.

Our midfield, with the addition of a playmaker, would be competitive enough to face those of the teams you mentioned. Cambiasso and Thiago Motta are two great players, extremely underrated abroad.

Interista

Yeah, we should won by 2 or 3 goals over there. The 2-0 win flattered us at OT, they had about 3 good chances, we missed a few good chances. Over the two legs we were comfortably superior, not at OT but overall.
I agree with Manchester United being superior overall, your team was stronger and more used to big European games and this was evident especially in the 1st leg. At OT I think we played a very good game and should have scored at least once, those two chances bottled by Ibrahimovic were incredible. I especially appreciated our performance in the first half, the only mistake costed us a goal though.

Interista

Motta was average during his Barcelona days, made even worse by his injury a couple of years back.

How did he do for Genoa?
He did wonderfully and that's why Inter signed him. His best performance of the season was vs Juve, he scored 2 goals and was the man of the match. Unlike his Barcelona days he played a bit more advanced, acting as a sort of playmaker. He was very unlucky with injuries but he didn't suffer from any physical problem last season and he should be fully fit now.

Interista

As you know, I'm a big fan of Cassano and I would love to finally see him play for us but I think we'll just make one more signing, most likely a player among Sneijder/Van der Vaart/Deco. Personally I would get either the midfielder/trequartista and Fantantonio but I'm afraid that Josè wouldn't agree...

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Cambiasso and Thiago Motta are two great players, extremely underrated abroad.
I'm a fan of Cambiasso - don't think there are many better players of his ilk in the game. Madrid were a bit naive to get rid of him and he's done well for Inter.

Interista

I'm a fan of Cambiasso - don't think there are many better players of his ilk in the game. Madrid were a bit naive to get rid of him and he's done well for Inter.
Absolutely, I can't still believe that we got him for free :D

vijay

Im rude and disprespectful to the ladies of the fo
True, he's a teriffic player arguably the best midfielder in the Serie A ever since he signed for Inter, even when Juventus were on their cheating spree but he isnt rated much in this board.

Its ridiculous Real got rid of Cambiasso and Makelele at the same time and they went on a downward spiral

Interista

Why do Inter have no wingers?
Mancini, Quaresma are proper wingers and Balotelli has often been deployed as a wide striker in a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1. Arnautovic is supposed to be a winger/wide-striker as well (I don't know much of him honestly).

Mourinho has tried to play with wingers at the beginning of last season but it didn't work and sticked with the diamond, when the Scudetto started to appear secure, he retried his favourite formation and things went better.

I think also this year we'll costantly switch between the 4-3-1-2 and the 4-3-3.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
True, he's a teriffic player arguably the best midfielder in the Serie A ever since he signed for Inter, even when Juventus were on their cheating spree but he isnt rated much in this board.

Its ridiculous Real got rid of Cambiasso and Makelele at the same time and they went on a downward spiral
You could say that for about 99% of the players who play in Serie A. Plenty of people rate De Rossi, Eto'o and Pato, but besides that very few players get a lot of praise.

Cambiasso was excellent against us I thought.

vijay

Im rude and disprespectful to the ladies of the fo
wait so, Inter hasn't got a new creative/playmaker-type yet?
They would've been better off had they got hold of Diego.

Once they pissed him off and this season he has preferred Juve over Inter.

They just need one creative player to replace Zlatan and they have a strong chance of pulling out something big in the CL.

Lavezzi is also another player they are after, he can give some creative spark.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
You could say that for about 99% of the players who play in Serie A. Plenty of people rate De Rossi, Eto'o and Pato, but besides that very few players get a lot of praise.

Cambiasso was excellent against us I thought.
That's mainly due to most not watching serie A much and when they do, it's usually Inter, Milan or Juve. The few times most do watch those three, they are less likely to pay any real attention to players like Cambiasso who go about their business quietly.

He is just what Real have lacked over the last few years but I guess it serves them right for getting rid of him just because he wasn't "galactico" enough:houllier:

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Pretty much goes entirely along with my way of thinking. Completely agree DF.

And yeah, Real Madrid are spastics. They probably would've kept him if he was Spanish too, the xenophobic idiots.

I only watched one Serie A game since after christmas, was pretty disappointed with that too. I need to see a bit more of Napoli to see if Lavezzi and Hamsik are really that good.

FranklyVulgar

I've got a pretty little mouth underneath all the
Pretty much goes entirely along with my way of thinking. Completely agree DF.

And yeah, Real Madrid are spastics. They probably would've kept him if he was Spanish too, the xenophobic idiots.

I only watched one Serie A game since after christmas, was pretty disappointed with that too. I need to see a bit more of Napoli to see if Lavezzi and Hamsik are really that good.
Hamsik seems destined for a big big club. Lavezzi looks good but i dont know if he's top top material. A good player nontheless.

Anduin

Mancini, Quaresma are proper wingers and Balotelli has often been deployed as a wide striker in a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1. Arnautovic is supposed to be a winger/wide-striker as well (I don't know much of him honestly).
Arnautovic is often compared to Ibra in terms of style of his play, but I wouldn't necessarily agree. He used to play as a winger in Twente's 4-3-3, has the pace and technique to beat his man and IMHO a very decent football brain. He still lacks experience on highest level and must learn to be clinical in front of the goalkeeper, but if Mourinho uses him right he could turn out to be a very good player for you. It's a shame he got injured just after Inter wanted to seal a deal initially, that was about two months ago.

::sonny::

Inter 1 Lazio 2 (Matuzalem, Rocchi, Eto'o)

LAZIO stunned Jose Mourinho's Inter Milan to lift the Italian Supercoppa in Beijing's Olympic Stadium.

Inter dominated the game but the Special One was left frustrated by his side's failure to convert their chances.

Francelino Matuzalem put Lazio ahead in the 63rd minute before Tommaso Rocchi doubled the lead three minutes later.

The impressive Samuel Eto'o pulled a goal back for the Serie A champions in the 78th minute.

Inter continued to pour forward but were unable to find an equaliser.

Boss

Melodramatic, attention seeking space-attacker
I left you with enough memories to resurrect me wi
Watched the game, Inter dominated and were very unlucky to lose. They have a gem in Eto'o though, the movement of their attack looks better than ever and he is going to score alot of goals for them next season.

They are still missing a creative midfielder and it's painfully obvious, you can not just win with machines in midfield. Lucky enough tor them the transfer window is not closed.

Interista

Watched the game, Inter dominated and were very unlucky to lose. They have a gem in Eto'o though, the movement of their attack looks better than ever and he is going to score alot of goals for them next season.

They are still missing a creative midfielder and it's painfully obvious, you can not just win with machines in midfield. Lucky enough tor them the transfer window is not closed.
That's what I've been claiming since I started posting in here, we lack somebody able to knit the midfield to the attack and get balls to the attackers. All of a sudden Real Madrid claimed they won't sell Sneijder for less than 25 milion euros and that's a too high fee honestly.

Today our performance was top-notch, it's the first time I have such positive feelings after a defeat, Milito and Eto'o upfront were a constant threat, we never kept the ball for so much time like today and it seems we're able to play much more free-flowing football. The defense looked solid despite the two goals conceded, there wasn't much to do on the first but the second could have been avoided (Chivu as always doesn't know what an offside trap is). I was impressed with Lucio, he was solid like a rock and was dangerous upfront too.

Muntari, Stankovic and Thiago Motta were very poor especially the former two and Maicon was very average. We have to forget this game and focus on the first two serie A games, Bari at home and the Milan derby. Starting the new season with 6 points would be a huge confidence booster.

Boss

That's what I've been claiming since I started posting in here, we lack somebody able to knit the midfield to the attack and get balls to the attackers. All of a sudden Real Madrid claimed they won't sell Sneijder for less than 25 milion euros and that's a too high fee honestly.

Today our performance was top-notch, it's the first time I have such positive feelings after a defeat, Milito and Eto'o upfront were a constant threat, we never kept the ball for so much time like today and it seems we're able to play much more free-flowing football. The defense looked solid despite the two goals conceded, there wasn't much to do on the first but the second could have been avoided (Chivu as always doesn't know what an offside trap is). I was impressed with Lucio, he was solid like a rock and was dangerous upfront too.

Muntari, Stankovic and Thiago Motta were very poor especially the former two and Maicon was very average. We have to forget this game and focus on the first two serie A games, Bari at home and the Milan derby. Starting the new season with 6 points would be a huge confidence booster.
I have to admit, I have never seen Inter play such fluid football in so long,maybe Zlatan leaving had something to do with that. It was quite entertaining, Eto'o is such an underrated dribbler and he is so direct which can energize any attack. He is going to have a great season, he is world class.

You still have alot of money left over from the Zlatan transfer, Mourinho has come out and said himself that he needs an attacking midfielder . I believe it is going to happen before the transfer window closes.

You guys are going to have such a great player in a few years also in Mario Balotelli. He can dribble, is composed, can score, has vision and is also deadly from set pieces. He may not be the fastest but his sheer strengh makes up for it. He has all the attributes to be great and I believe he would become more mature as he gets older but I know it is hard for him at times, with the crowds. It can only make him stronger. He should have started today, there is no doubt about that.

Muntari works very hard, has alot of stamina and can cut out attacks but I do find him to be painfully average at times. The miss today was completely awful and Stankovic could not even hit a barn door although I rate him.

Lucio has been fantastic for Brazil in recent time for me and under Jose he is going to be a rock for you. It is very true Maicon was poor today and his delivery left alot to be desired. You have a fantastic squad and should do very well in Europe this year, it is very exciting times for any inter fan.

The Lazio players were shameful in my opinion. They took diving to a new level, I saw somersaults, back flips, it was like watching gymnastics. The time wasting was also pathetic and Zarate is a great player but asking for somebody to be booked is very unsportsmanlike like. The result was a negative one but there was many positive things to take from the match.

Interista

I have to admit, I have never seen Inter play such fluid football in so long,maybe Zlatan leaving had something to do with that. It was quite entertaining, Eto'o is such an underrated dribbler and he is so direct which can energize any attack. He is going to have a great season, he is world class.

You still have alot of money left over from the Zlatan transfer, Mourinho has come out and said himself that he needs an attacking midfielder . I believe it is going to happen before the transfer window closes.

You guys are going to have such a great player in a few years also in Mario Balotelli. He can dribble, is composed, can score, has vision and is also deadly from set pieces. He may not be the fastest but his sheer strengh makes up for it. He has all the attributes to be great and I believe he would become more mature as he gets older but I know it is hard for him at times, with the crowds. It can only make him stronger. He should have started today, there is no doubt about that.

Muntari works very hard, has alot of stamina and can cut out attacks but I do find him to be painfully average at times. The miss today was completely awful and Stankovic could not even hit a barn door although I rate him.

Lucio has been fantastic for Brazil in recent time for me and under Jose he is going to be a rock for you. It is very true Maicon was poor today and his delivery left alot to be desired. You have a fantastic squad and should do very well in Europe this year, it is very exciting times for any inter fan.

The Lazio players were shameful in my opinion. They took diving to a new level, I saw somersaults, back flips, it was like watching gymnastics. The time wasting was also pathetic and Zarate is a great player but asking for somebody to be booked is very unsportsmanlike like. The result was a negative one but there was many positive things to take from the match.
Last season our only gameplan was ball to Ibra and let's hope he invents something, now we look like a team and we're more suited to the 4-3-3, Mourinho's favourite system, since Eto'o can play wide. My ideal attacking line would be Eto'o-Milito-Balotelli and Suazo as a backup. The Cameroonian impressed me as well, I thought I had watch enough of him but I was particularly surprised by his workrate, he often dropped back in midfield to get playable balls or to start the action.

I agree about Mario, he's immensely talented but he sometimes acts like a proper cnut, if he changes behaviour he will finally turn into a sublime player. He didn't start today 'cause Mourinho fielded the diamond but I'm pretty sure that in the next games Mario will play from the beginning and in the 4-3-3.

Yeah Muntari works very hard but there are more composed defensive midfielders, honestly I would sell him to Tottenham straight away (Redknapp likes him a lot). He's one of the Inter player I would get rid of along with Burdisso, Rivas, Obinna and Chivu.

I wasn't surprised by Lazio players' attitude, you see that kind of behaviour very often here, especially by weaker teams, they do literally anything to try to win and that's also why the serie A is much harder than people think. Zarate is very unsportsmanlike but I reckon he will be a top player in 1-2 years, I rate him very highly.

Boss

Last season our only gameplan was ball to Ibra and let's hope he invents something, now we look like a team and we're more suited to the 4-3-3, Mourinho's favourite system, since Eto'o can play wide. My ideal attacking line would be Eto'o-Milito-Balotelli and Suazo as a backup. The Cameroonian impressed me as well, I thought I had watch enough of him but I was particularly surprised by his workrate, he often dropped back in midfield to get playable balls or to start the action.

I agree about Mario, he's immensely talented but he sometimes acts like a proper cnut, if he changes behaviour he will finally turn into a sublime player. He didn't start today 'cause Mourinho fielded the diamond but I'm pretty sure that in the next games Mario will play from the beginning and in the 4-3-3.

Yeah Muntari works very hard but there are more composed defensive midfielders, honestly I would sell him to Tottenham straight away (Redknapp likes him a lot). He's one of the Inter player I would get rid of along with Burdisso, Rivas, Obinna and Chivu.

I wasn't surprised by Lazio players' attitude, you see that kind of behaviour very often here, especially by weaker teams, they do literally anything to try to win and that's also why the serie A is much harder than people think. Zarate is very unsportsmanlike but I reckon he will be a top player in 1-2 years, I rate him very highly.
Yeah, I also notice how disciplined the defences are in Seria A. Every manager seems to be a very good tacticians which I think Mourinho was not prepared for in his first season. What is admirable is how the quality is spread throughout the league. There is alot of strength in depth especially considering the budgets most of the teams have to work with.

I still remember the match I think Inter lost 3 nil in the cup competition,where they were outplayed.

Muntari for me just does not look like a player who should play for a top team, he has his moments of brilliance but they are way too inconsistent. I thought he was also considerably poor against us last year in the Champions League. Don't even get me started on Rivas! Obina and Chivu are also deadwood in my opinion.

I also think Quaresma should be sold as soon as possible, in all my life I have never come across such an annoying frustrating player. He hardly helps the team whatsoever when he plays. I have to say, I was extremely surprised when Jose bought him. It just didn't seem like his type of signing.

Once you get that creative midfielder the 4-3-3 would be off and running to devastating effect. Balotelli can act like a prick at times but I think it is difficult for him, because most of the time the crowds are against him before he even kicks a ball and the racist abuse he received last year from Roma fans was sickening. How ironic was it to see Totti come out and talk about his maturity? I think the Juve fans were at it as well, the guy is only 18 but it can only help him get stronger. I actually think he is a better player than Pato who I rate very highly.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa

Yes

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Yes, Eto'o's work-rate is an often overlooked trait. The reasons behind Guardiola shifting Messi in to the middle were not only because the Argentinian poses a different threat operating in the hole, but also because Eto'o can track the left-back's runs which Messi could rarely be arsed to do.

::sonny::

Poor not, but not sufficient to be competitive at the highest level

They have only Eto'o, but he's not Ibrahimovic, he's another type of player

Milito and Balotelli are good/decent players, but with them you cannot win nothing

Suazo is a joke, their Manucho

The midfield is less then decent, full of players without creativity and technique

Defensively, with Lucio and Chivu , you can suffer easily 2-3 goals every match. They are good players, not defensively

Ekeke

Their strike force is good but suited to a side which will create lots of chances for them. Makes you wonder what they're doing at Inter. If Inter cant afford Sneijder or Silva they should try and get a hold of David Pizarro. Quality passer and creator that he is, but never gets a mention.

Flying Fox

Their strike force is good but suited to a side which will create lots of chances for them. Makes you wonder what they're doing at Inter. If Inter cant afford Sneijder or Silva they should try and get a hold of David Pizarro. Quality passer and creator that he is, but never gets a mention.
Don't think Roma would let him go back there, especially now Aquilanis gone to Anfield.

FranklyVulgar

I've got a pretty little mouth underneath all the
Inter looked good, it was an entertaining match, especially in the 2nd half when inter battered them.

Muntari isnt good enough, looks good for Pompy etc but not top level. He was so bad against United last year that it should have been enough. I still think it is far easier to stand out for a weak side than to make it at a top club. Which is why i have reservations about Motta too, looked great at Genoa but previously at Barca i was never too impressed by him although injury has played a big part and he is still relatively young.

Inter just need one top class attack mid to add that bit of unpredictablity to be a real threat to anyone i think.

A word on Lazio, quite dirty but they did what they had to, they got fortunate but also scored a great goal. Zarate is a real talent too.