Interim manager

crossy1686

career ending
You're over simplifying the situation and putting words in my mouth. This is a far more complex situation than simply blaming the manager. I haven't even mentioned the Glazers yet you're off on a tangent about them like a complete lunatic.
:lol: You can't call someone a lunatic for over simplifying your over simplifying of there's nothing we can do because: owners.

I'm fully aware of what the ownership issues are, but to say it doesn't matter because it's always going to be broken is just bullshit. I'd agree with you if we weren't spending daft money and we weren't trying to put some sort of structure on the footballing side for the first time in 10 years, but we're doing those things so it's just excuses at this point.

Kinky Melinky

:lol: You can't call someone a lunatic for over simplifying your over simplifying of there's nothing we can do because: owners.

I'm fully aware of what the ownership issues are, but to say it doesn't matter because it's always going to be broken is just bullshit. I'd agree with you if we weren't spending daft money and we weren't trying to put some sort of structure on the footballing side for the first time in 10 years, but we're doing those things so it's just excuses at this point.
Jaysiz I give up

OmarUnited4ever

If you hire the guy you want now, but can't sign and sell who you want until the summer, there's a chance the wheels fall off before you've even put them on, and the toxic nature of everything makes his position untenable before he's even really started.

Nope. The player will not heed the words of an interim manager, but they will have to show up for a new permanent manager.

But the issue goes deeper than that, the ones who I think should leave are mostly on 3-5 years deals which means shifting them isnt gonna be easy

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
;) More insightful than Goldbridge.
He's a bigger fan of INEOS then Ratcliffe is but his info had proven right time and time again. Its evident that he's got sources within the club which will grow stronger if Ineos buy a stake of our club.

glasgow 21

McKenna a good shout for another manager to throw under the bus within 24 months maybe long enough to given some of the weeds another contract.

Tyrion

I don't blame the managers either. I blame the people who appoint them and are unable to create a good sporting structure at the club.

The players? If we had the same bunch for ten years, I would have agreed. But we've had loads of players over the last decade - including those who were still part of Fergie's winning teams and now those who ETH brought, some of whom he knew personally. Are they also wasters?
I think some are wasters, some are just rubbish and some aren't good enough to make up for the rest. I've mostly given up on them. I didn't even watch the City game.

flameinthesun

Before we even consider another manager we clearly need to sort out a true DoF with clear responsibility for signing players.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Interim manager!
Didn't we try one of those while we waited for this guy?

You've got to give him a sensible amount of time, at least until the injured players are back.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Before we even consider another manager we clearly need to sort out a true DoF with clear responsibility for signing players.
It sounds like Ratcliffe will be in within the next couple of weeks, hopefully by the end of the international break. He will 100% bring in a DoF immediately, and it has been said that the DoF will be responsible for setting the style of play going forward, amongst other things.

It might take a month or two but it'll all shake out in time and we'll finally be on the right track. Hopefully some stand out managerial candidates emerge and we can get someone in who will have us all excited to watch us play and satisfied with the direction we are going.

Last edited:

flameinthesun

It sounds like Ratcliffe will be in within the next couple of weeks, hopefully by the end of the international break. He will 100% bring in a DoF immediately, and it has been said that the DoF will be responsible for setting the style of play going forward, amongst other things.

It might take a month or two but it'll all shake out in time and we'll finally be on the right track. Hopefully some stand out managerial candidates emerge and we can get someone in who will have us all excited to watch us play and satisfied with the direction we are going.
Yeah hopefully we can get a proper structure in. I'd still give Ten Hag a chance under a new structure, I don't think the current setup is conducive for anyone.