International Call-ups 09/10

samabachan

Football is about glory, it is about doing things
Best players - Wilshere kept things ticking over in the middle excellently, Cleverley was involved in almost every good piece of attacking play and Carroll held it up very well.

Gibbs was good going forward but poor defensively, the 2 CBs were unimpressive, Walcott was poor, Richards can't pass and Rodwell was tidy but made poor decisions. Honourable to Hines who came on and looked lively.

Laphroaig

I admit to not having paid full attention to the game at all times but surely Carroll wasn't MOTM?

Virtuoso

Federico Macheda came on for Italy U21s vs Belarus U21s with 20 or so minutes left, only 5 remaining now and it's all Italy - Macheda's had some nice touches so far and held the ball up well.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Dudgeon made his debut for the NI u21s alongside Craig Cathcart and Corry Evans in a 2-1 loss away to Iceland. Not a bad result considering they lost the home match against them 6-2!
Dudgeon was born in Leeds! So the Northern Irish have stolen another United youngster :lol:. I've always been impressed by him, reminds me quite a bit of Irwin.

Diablodave

Dudgeon was born in Leeds! So the Northern Irish have stolen another United youngster :lol:. I've always been impressed by him, reminds me quite a bit of Irwin.
Who's that now?

Oliver Norwood
Joe Dudgeon (being both the English players with NI grandparents)

Corry Evans
Craig Cathcart
Jonny Evans
Conor Devlin

jb8521

Yeah same here hes very solid in every game and very rarely makes a mistake

jb8521

Two united players in the England under 16s squad for tonights victory shield opener which will be shown on sky sports. Tyler Blackett is a tall central defender and Luke Hendrie is a central midfielder who captained united and was probably our best player in the premier cup. He is the son of former professional player John Hendrie. Two other players to look out for are Zak Ansah has been scoring a lot of goals for the Arsenal under 16s and played and scored for their under 18s last year aged 14. He is the son of Andy Ansah who was on Dream Team and Wayne Rooneys street striker programme. Hallam Hope of Everton is a very good prospect who has been the top scorer in the junior section of the milk cup for the past 2 years.

jb8521

Blackett and Hendrie both starting for England with Blackett in central defence and Hendrie at right back

LouisRocca

England 3-0 up at half time against Azerbaijan.

Thorpe and Keane playing, Johnstone and Morrison on the bench.

2 goals from Wickham (Arsenal?) and 1 from Chalobah (I think Keane delivered the corner for the last goal)

Interresting to see that Ra'vel doesn't get a startingplace, he had some amazing games for U16 last year, and I would have thought that he was good enough to hold down a startingplace in the U17 this year.

jb8521

England 3-0 up at half time against Azerbaijan.

Thorpe and Keane playing, Johnstone and Morrison on the bench.

2 goals from Wickham (Arsenal?) and 1 from Chalobah (I think Keane delivered the corner for the last goal)

Interresting to see that Ra'vel doesn't get a startingplace, he had some amazing games for U16 last year, and I would have thought that he was good enough to hold down a startingplace in the U17 this year.
Wickhams an ipswich player. Morrison was talking about coming home last sunday and hasnt played in either game so either hes picked up an injury or had a falling out.

LouisRocca

Wickhams an ipswich player. Morrison was talking about coming home last sunday and hasnt played in either game so either hes picked up an injury or had a falling out.
Thanks!

Ra'vel came on at halftime for Keane, so he has not gone home, and not injured either, but has been booked, not a big suprise...

Afobe(thats an Arsenalplayer, right?!) just made it 4-0 1 minute after replacing Wickham.

LouisRocca

Joshua King are in the Norwegian U18 squad for the U19 qualifier in Belgium 09.11 – 19.11.09. Norway are gonna play Belgium, Kazakhstan and Andorra. It will be interesting to see if Joshua are gonna travel, he has withdrawn from the squad quite a few times in the past. He has had his share of injury!

Magnus Wolf Eikrem are in the Norwegian U21 squad for the euro-qualifier against Serbia(I would guess Ljajic will be in this squad) november 15th.

LouisRocca

Cleverley and Welbeck has been named in Stuart Pearce U21-squad for the crucial Under-21 qualifier with Portugal at Wembley November 14th.

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
Yeah I read about that.. Is Welbeck even fit?