International Call-ups 09/10

rocks13

Strong win for Norway that - Belgium have a lot of talented players now.

Should be mentioned that Norway has a sub called Christian Landu Landu - apparently he was also so good that they had to name him twice :)
We should snap him up. He might be the new Djemba-Djemba!!!!

Mitch Conor

Holy CRAP BALLS!!
Strong win for Norway that - Belgium have a lot of talented players now.

Should be mentioned that Norway has a sub called Christian Landu Landu - apparently he was also so good that they had to name him twice :)
I think he has been on trial at Liverpool. Thought I read that he had signed for him, but no so sure about that.

samabachan

Football is about glory, it is about doing things
Tyler Blackett is involved with the England u16s who are currently playing Scotland in the Victory Shield (SS2 now for those interested). Raheem Sterling, who plays for QPR and in whom we have apparently shown interest previousl, may be involved at some stage although he is still only 14. Islam Feruz is also apparently one to watch out for - he is also only 14 and is in the youth setup at Celtic.

datura

Sterling is starting on the right wing. It was 1-1 when I left it, Ansah for England after a mistake from a defender, equalising a well worked Scottish goal from their captain. Feruz has looked lively.

Gabe

Tyler Blackett is involved with the England u16s who are currently playing Scotland in the Victory Shield (SS2 now for those interested). Raheem Sterling, who plays for QPR and in whom we have apparently shown interest previousl, may be involved at some stage although he is still only 14. Islam Feruz is also apparently one to watch out for - he is also only 14 and is in the youth setup at Celtic.
YouTube - Islam Feruz Highlights - Victory Shield Debut

looks a good prospect.

LouisRocca

Etzaz Hussain are in the Norway U17 squad for a friendly tournament at La Manga February 3rd-10th. Other teams, Netherland, Denmark and Czech Republic.

Joshua King are in the Norway U19 squad, also at La Manga February 3rd-10th. Other teams, Germany, Portugal and Poland.

jb8521

Kenji Gorre has been called up to the Netherlands under 16 squad

LouisRocca

Both Hussain(U17) and King(U19) withdrawn from their Norway squads.
According to the coach United choose to hold them back because the matches was not on internationaldates.
There was also an issue between Norway and United last time King played. He got injured in their first match, but played Norways last match 5 days later, and returned injured to United.

Einar15

Sean McGinty has been selected for Rep Ireland U17s to play a friendly double-header against Hungary.

Paul Pogba is selected for France U17s for the Algarve tournament.

Also Tom Lawrence has been selected by Wales U17s for a training camp in Spain.

Einar15

Kenji Gorré made his debut for Holland U16s coming on as a sub on 60. min in a 1-1 draw against Portugal, and according to a match report he caused the portugese defence some problems.

SecondFig

England Under 17s are playing in the Algarve tournament; Johnstone, Cofie & Keane are in the squad.

Johnstone & Keane started the first game, a 1-1 against France, with Cofie coming off the bench.

Second match they beat the Ukraine 3-0 with Cofie starting and scoring the second - his first international goal.

Oh, and Reece Brown and Matt James are both in the U19 squad for the friendly in Holland next month

PS18

Keane and Johnstone started and Cofie was a late sub in today's game vs Portugal (finished 0-0, which was enough to win England the tournament).

LouisRocca

Joshua King in Norways latest U19, and Etzaz Hussain in U17.

U19 playing Slovakia March 2nd and 4th.
U17 playing N-Ireland March 2nd and 4th.

LouisRocca

Etzaz Hussain was one of Norway U17 dominating players in their 3-4 loss against N-Ireland on yesterday. He had one assist for the last goal. The two teams will play a new match tomorrow.

Josh King played 75 minutes for Norway U19 in their 1-1 draw against Slovakia. They will also play a new match tomorrow. Josh is not mentioned in the matchreport, so I guess he had a quite game.

cj_sparky

Reece Brown scored a 86th minute own goal, to give Holland U19's a draw against England.

LouisRocca

Etzaz had one assist in the Norway U17 match against N-Ireland yesterday. Norway won 2-0. According to the norwegian coach he had seen Etzaz playing better, but he still had that momentum to unlock matches with his pieces of skill and passing.

Josh came on in the second half of Norway U19 match against Slovakia, and scored the winner with a 82nd minute pen. He missed a great chance earlier in the half, one on one with the Slovakian keeper. Norway won 2-1.

Einar15

The Uefa U17 Elite Qualifying Round coming up so alot of players selected

Sam Johnstone and Will Keane selected for England
Sean McGinty and Michael Keane selected for Rep. Ireland
Tom Lawrence selected for Wales
Also Luke McCullough is listed as a Manchester United player on the Northern Ireland fa website and he has been selected for N. Ireland

datura

The Uefa U17 Elite Qualifying Round coming up so alot of players selected

Sam Johnstone and Will Keane selected for England
Sean McGinty and Michael Keane selected for Rep. Ireland
Tom Lawrence selected for Wales
Also Luke McCullough is listed as a Manchester United player on the Northern Ireland fa website and he has been selected for N. Ireland
McCullough is a new name to me. Appears to be a right sided centre half highly rated in NI.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Different international allegiances?

Titus and Tesfaye Bramble are the only ones off the top of my head choosing anything remotely like it - Titus for England (Under-21s, fortunately) and Tesfaye for Montserrat.
Christian Vieri's younger brother Max played a couple of matches for Australia a few years back (as Christian himself should've :mad:).

Of course, in the Keane's case they aren't just brothers, they're twins. Very wierd. I wonder if it's just because one of them wasn't chosen for their first choice (Michael I presume) so went with the second choice instead? And if so, does that lock him into nationalities or can he change later if he wants?

samabachan

Football is about glory, it is about doing things
Obviously with a name like Keane they have some Irish heritage, and I'm guessing that Will could have his pick as he has been so impressive, where michael has not had as many chances and so is probably keener to get some representative football where possible.

PS18

McCullough is a new name to me. Appears to be a right sided centre half highly rated in NI.
Has been linked with us for quite a while now (good couple of years) and has had a number of trials - he has apparently now signed for us in the last few weeks.

datura

Has been linked with us for quite a while now (good couple of years) and has had a number of trials - he has apparently now signed for us in the last few weeks.
I was searching the OWC forum for info and couldn't find too much. They seemed unaware that he had signed until the squad announcement also.

I saw that Curran seems to have gone back to NI with Portadown.

Einar15

Jack Barmby selected for England U16s for the Montaigu tournament.

Longlivekeano

Christian Vieri's younger brother Max played a couple of matches for Australia a few years back (as Christian himself should've :mad:).

Of course, in the Keane's case they aren't just brothers, they're twins. Very wierd. I wonder if it's just because one of them wasn't chosen for their first choice (Michael I presume) so went with the second choice instead? And if so, does that lock him into nationalities or can he change later if he wants?
Apart from being twins, it will be confusing of both started because Will is a centre forward and Michael is a central defender. It might set a record of twin brothers playing diff countries and marking each other

PS18

Will scored England's 4th in a 4-0 win over Sweden today, but Sam Johnstone was sent off with half an hour to play.