International Call-ups 09/10

PS18

Certainly doesn't look like a great squad. I like the look of Briggs and Baker from what I've seen of them, Townsend too, and Delfouneso obviously. Mellis looked promising a couple of years ago, not sure he's pushed on a great deal. Shame they couldn't call up Wilshere.

datura

Fixtures for the U19s:

Austria vs England
Sunday, 18/07/2010
Kick off 17:00 BST at Stade du Hazé, Flers

Holland vs England
Wednesday, 21/07/2010
Kick off 17:00 BST at Stade Henry Jeanne, Bayeux

England vs France
Saturday, 24/07/2010
Kick off 17:00 BST at Stade Louis Villemer, St-Lo

Looks like they all should be on Eurosport (missing the first 15 mins of the Austria game though, good old Eurosport).

x42bn6

Norwood could make his senior NI debut: BBC Sport - Football - Stephen Craigan will captain NI against Montenegro

Evans and Evans called up too.

N Ireland squad: Taylor (Birmingham), Tuffey (Inverness), Blayney (Linfield), J Evans (Manchester Utd), Craigan (Motherwell), McGivern (Manchester City), Little (Rangers), Baird (Fulham), McCann (Peterborough), Brunt (West Brom), Gorman (Wolves), C Evans (Manchester Utd), Norwood (Manchester Utd), Davis (Rangers), Davis (Rangers), Clingan (Coventry City), Healy (Sunderland), Feeney (Oldham Athletic), Lafferty (Rangers), Paterson (Burnley), Patterson (Plymouth Argyle)

jb8521

Sam Johnstone and Zeki Fryers have been called up to the England under 19

Virtuoso

Luke Hendrie's in the U17s as well. Both van Velzen and Gorre are in the Holland U17s.

Victory Shield starts tomorrow, NI vs Scotland - we've got a kid in the NI squad, Patrick McNair. Can't find much/any info on him but might be worth watching - THE DREAM STARTS FOR THE NEXT GENERATION

Edit: Sounds an interesting prospect - Soccer Post - Feature News
Thanks for that, Paddy McNair seems to be very, very highly regarded - a name to remember it seems. A little odd when you hear such grand praise for someone who is only 14-15 but sounds a great prospect. Will try to watch the match, or some of it at least, and hopefully see him in action.

PS18

Yeah, I'd heard of McNair off the OWC forum, it will be interesting to watch him. Is he with the u16s or still in NI at the moment?
The squad list for the U16s has him down as 'Manchester Utd/Ashdon on Mersey', which I assume is meant to be Ashton on Mersey, where lots of the United schoolboys live and study, so I assume he's over here now.

datura

The squad list for the U16s has him down as 'Manchester Utd/Ashdon on Mersey', which I assume is meant to be Ashton on Mersey, where lots of the United schoolboys live and study, so I assume he's over here now.
Good spot, I'd missed that.

I'm assuming he'll be one of the youngest players tomorrow as well as he can only be 14 judging from when the other article was published.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself

jb8521

Luke Hendrie's in the U17s as well. Both van Velzen and Gorre are in the Holland U17s.

Victory Shield starts tomorrow, NI vs Scotland - we've got a kid in the NI squad, Patrick McNair. Can't find much/any info on him but might be worth watching - THE DREAM STARTS FOR THE NEXT GENERATION

Gus Poyets son Diego is in the England squad for the Victory Shield. No United link but should be interesting to see.

jb8521

Robbie Brady and Sean McGinty both got a goal and an assist in Ireland under 19s 5-0 win against Luxembourg with Brady scoring a penalty he won himself. Both players also scored in a 2-1 win against Bulgaria.

jb8521

Marnick Vermijl, Sam Johnstone and Zeki Fryers are all playing in the Belgium under 19s game against England under 19s

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner

So considering this article was over a year back.. Has there been any news since? Is he with us full-time now?

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
So considering this article was over a year back.. Has there been any news since? Is he with us full-time now?
Seems that way:

datura

They lost 2-1, ex triallist Michael Ngoo with the English goal. Eden Hazard's younger brother Thorgan was playing for Belgium.
Some bad news for Everton in that game:

'Everton have confirmed young midfielder Ross Barkley suffered a double leg fracture during England’s under-19 international against Belgium.

The 16-year-old was named in the starting line-up for the Young Lions' 2-1 defeat but had to be withdrawn near the end of the first half after a collision with team-mate Andre Wisdom.

The incident happened late in the first half leading to both players needing to be substituted.

Barkley's injury will now be assessed by the Everton medical staff.

The injury will be a huge blow to David Moyes as Barkley has been part of the Everton first team squad this season.

He has been named on the bench on several occasions but has yet to make his senior debut for the Toffees.'

SecondFig

Some bad news for Everton in that game:

'Everton have confirmed young midfielder Ross Barkley suffered a double leg fracture during England’s under-19 international against Belgium.

The 16-year-old was named in the starting line-up for the Young Lions' 2-1 defeat but had to be withdrawn near the end of the first half after a collision with team-mate Andre Wisdom.

The incident happened late in the first half leading to both players needing to be substituted.

Barkley's injury will now be assessed by the Everton medical staff.

The injury will be a huge blow to David Moyes as Barkley has been part of the Everton first team squad this season.

He has been named on the bench on several occasions but has yet to make his senior debut for the Toffees.'
That's a horrible injury for a 16 year old to have. And he got it in a collision with a team mate?

Hope he makes a full recovery

Ole'sbodyguard

Wales has a load of quality young players at the moment, doesn't it?
Do they?

General consensus in Wales is, Bale and Bellamy aside, the rest of the players are not upto much. Ramsey's obviously disregarded due to his injury. Everyone's a wee bit disillusioned with football at the moment and the prospect of Toshack's replacement is not exactly causing renewed hope.

I'm not Welsh but have lived here for over 20 years and I've not followed the end of Toshack's reign with much focus so my opinion is not as informed as it once was but there was similar talk on Toshack inheriting a nucleus of better players than before with the emergence of the likes of Bale, Ramsey and the other youngsters and it did not pan out like that.

The two best Wales side in my era were Yorath's side(which was good from such a limited supply line) and Hughes's Welsh side. Both were unlucky not to make major tournaments and has some genuinally top players in both and a fair few very good ones. Same quality is not around at the moment.

LouisRocca

Magnus and Josh are finaly in the Norway U21 squad!
They are playing Greece away November 17th.

Eirik Raude

Magnus and Josh are finaly in the Norway U21 squad!
They are playing Greece away November 17th.
Long due if you ask me. Should have been included a long time ago, but nobody in Norway seems to care about the English reserve players, even though they have proven to be superior to most Norwegian sides when it comes to quality.