International Duties: May 2012

jb8521

Henriquez called upto the chile under 20s for a tournament starting Tuesday so he will miss the reserve game on Monday

mo0

South American's love their U20s! England just wheels out their 4th string. no exaggeration.

jb8521

Sam Byrne helped Ireland under 19s come back from 2-0 down to get a 2-2 draw against Germany, he scored in the second half after coming on at half time. Ben Pearson is out of the England under 18s game with an injury and has been replaced by James Weir.

lysglimt

Scout
Just out of curiosity - how many English players in the reserves and U-18 level are currently not in (or at least has been recently) an English national side ?

Grimshaw, Amos, Johnstone, Powell, Wilson, Coddington, Rashford, Barmby, Cameron B-J(potentially bad abbreviation there), Henderson, Thorpe, Pearson, W.Keane (before the injury, M.Keane, Blackett, Weir, Rothwell....all of those have been involved

Wootton has not been playing for England for several years...I don't think Jack Rudge has played for England - Louis Rowley ? How about Lingard ?

Decotron

Sam Byrne helped Ireland under 19s come back from 2-0 down to get a 2-2 draw against Germany, he scored in the second half after coming on at half time. Ben Pearson is out of the England under 18s game with an injury and has been replaced by James Weir.
I see Noe Baba played in that match as well. Any word on his future? havent heard anything in a while....

mo0

Just out of curiosity - how many English players in the reserves and U-18 level are currently not in (or at least has been recently) an English national side ?

Grimshaw, Amos, Johnstone, Powell, Wilson, Coddington, Rashford, Barmby, Cameron B-J(potentially bad abbreviation there), Henderson, Thorpe, Pearson, W.Keane (before the injury, M.Keane, Blackett, Weir, Rothwell....all of those have been involved

Wootton has not been playing for England for several years...I don't think Jack Rudge has played for England - Louis Rowley ? How about Lingard ?
+ Sutherland, Cole, Tunnicliffe, Hendrie, Thorpe, Barmby

mo0

at that age, likely the physicality playing into it (he's quite large). does play well on top of that, however.

jb8521

Andreas Pereira played for Belgium under 17s twice in the past few days. He got an assist in a 2-0 win against Lithuania and hit the post and crossbar in a 5-0 win against Latvia

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
Liam Grimshaw played the full 90 minutes and James Weir came on after 60, did well and got an assist in a 2-0 victory for England U18s Vs Italy.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Henderson, Rashford and Cameron Borthwick Jackson starting for England u16.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Powell and Johnstone both in U21 squads. Deserved for them. Amos too.

MPTutd

I think Johnstone is a quality young keeper.

His problem is going to be getting enough exposure. Will need some loan spells to make it at the top.

SkeppyRed

Powell starts for England u21s. Kick off 7:30pm. Live on ESPN.

Amos also starts in goal. Johnstone on bench.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Powell is looking a class above anyone else on the pitch. At times a couple of levels above.
Ince and McCechran look ace too.

Not sure a friendly against N. Iron is the best test though :(

SkeppyRed

Something I like about Powell is he never looks rushed in possession, even when under pressure from several players. That has to be a good sign.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Gotta say, McCechran is class. Needs to move on from Chelsea to kick start his career.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
This Will Hughes kid is supposed to be hugely rated isn't he? Only 17.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
17 might be young for an u21 debutant, but it's very, very old for a q-tip.

SkeppyRed

Powell showed just glimpses of his ability yet still stood out.

Hughes impressed me when he came on, looks a tidy little player.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
17 might be young for an u21 debutant, but it's very, very old for a q-tip.
Watch it, I'm a fellow Q-tip. Although funnily enough I've never heard that nickname/insult before.

Ekeke

Agree that Powell did well and also to keep an eye on young Will Hughes. Looked mostly a tidy passer but also put in a few nice slidetackles, not afraid to get dirty.