Internationals March (Euro Play-Offs + Friendlies)

paulscholes18

Saka has withdrawn. Looks like everyone's protecting their key players for the defining part of the season.
Of cause he has, yet he will be 100% fit to start Vs City, should be a rule if you pull out of international duty then you are automatically unavailable for the next league game, would put a stop to this BS.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Of cause he has, yet he will be 100% fit to start Vs City, should be a rule if you pull out of international duty then you are automatically unavailable for the next league game, would put a stop to this BS.
They're nonsense friendly games, who cares. We did it loads of times.

bosnian_red

This was one of the worst games I’ve seen in a long time. Lucky to end up with a win, but jesus that was bad. Rebrov is clueless
Shocked at how little you created, we've got absolutely nothing aside from Dedic (right back) and lumping it up to dzeko who is almost 40... Thought you would comfortably outplay us

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Finland may not be the best but I think wales have been fantastic tonight.
Good shape, dangerous going forward, energy levels sky high, centre backs won every header, kept the ball well at times. Phew.

different game against Poland but I hope we show the same energy levels and threat going forward, we have some speed in attack!
I'm shocked by how good we were. Almost every player seemed to play above their normal level. Even Danny Ward, who is third choice for a Championship club and usually makes De Gea look like prime Neuer with the ball at his feet was calm and composed on the ball and playing out smoothly. I was expecting us to be at about the same level as Finland, and maybe scrape past by the odd goal, but we looked different class.

Not exactly expecting it to continue against Poland, but that was almost as refreshing as the last United game. Play anything like that again and there's a chance.

Fobal

Supports
Liverpool
I trully think Retegui would have had his shot with the Argie NT at some point, it's really lazy from NT's coaches and also players like Retequi to just go to another NT because he thinks it would be easier to gain a placeand obtain that prestige instantly. I know it's within the rules, it happens/ ed a lot, but this stuff from Argentina with Garnacho and Retegui with Italy kind of bothers me regarding the whole NT idea.

youngrell

Finland may not be the best but I think wales have been fantastic tonight.
Good shape, dangerous going forward, energy levels sky high, centre backs won every header, kept the ball well at times. Phew.

different game against Poland but I hope we show the same energy levels and threat going forward, we have some speed in attack!
The difference in our energy levels compared to what we are used to was night and day. Just goes to show how much regular game time helps. Hope we can match it on Tuesday.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
:lol:
That’s sh!te

The Georgian forward is clearly pulling the short of one defender, steps in front of the other, then 50/50 between creates contact and gets contact, then you see him “flick” his body to create the impression of a foul/worse foul.

If you go back to look at the penalty, surely you go back another two seconds to when he has a handful of that defenders shirt?

Theyre making it up as they go along

moodyred

So many players pulling out of friendlies due to injury. I wonder how many of these injuries are that serious for them to pull out. Latest being Saka.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
I think you’ll beat Poland, particularly at home.
Was keeping an eye on their game but hard to gauge how good they are being as played against ten men for ages.

After watching us (and being pleasantly surprised), I think it’s close. At the end of the day, we’ve still got a mix of Prem/Championship players and a small pool (Poland population is more than 10x us)… ironic that never qualified with some great players.

But… I think it’s 50/50 now (as long as we don’t let the situation get to us) and that’s much better than I thought two days ago. After spending decades waiting to qualify for just one tournament, it’s good to be in with a chance.

Pintu

We're tragic but we lost this when Dedic had to come on. Basically our best player and was replaced by Civic who is complete trash.
Are you the Spurs of international football? if I‘m not mistaken Dzeko, one of the very best European CFs of the last 15 years, is going to retire without having played in a Euro…

You get decent draws and you waste them every time… Euro 2020, you managed to lose at home in the penalty shootout after going ahead early… Last night, you were like 5 minute from qualifying for a (relatively) easy final at home and you couldn’t see it through… but good for Ahmedhodzic, serves him right. He should have chosen Sweden.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Haha Ritchie Sunak is mad about the new kit.

They made the flag thing pink!!!?!

Outrageous.

bosnian_red

Are you the Spurs of international football? if I‘m not mistaken Dzeko, one of the very best European CFs of the last 15 years, is going to retire without having played in a Euro…

You get decent draws and you waste them every time… Euro 2020, you managed to lose at home in the penalty shootout after going ahead early… Last night, you were like 5 minute from qualifying for a (relatively) easy final at home and you couldn’t see it through… but good for Ahmedhodzic, serves him right. He should have chosen Sweden.
We just have a corrupt FA which has only had a small period since our independence of actually looking for what's best for the national team, and otherwise a bunch of crooks who take handouts constantly and give appearances to players who don't deserve it just for them getting some side money, which led to a bunch of disgruntled players, others long since abandoning the national team and so on. Dzeko has stayed at a high level, Pjanic basically retired mentally once he left Barca even if he was more than young enough to keep going and took the money in Qatar, and you're left with a group of average players and shit coaches. We had 3 different managers in just the last qualifying campaign ffs :lol:

In general we had a lot of bad luck with our early to mid 2010's team, drew Portugal a bunch of times in the qualifying playoffs when we were actually decent, but made the world cup in 2014. Most of the past 6 years we've been a garbage national team though, not deserving of making any competition. Late 2000's and early to mid 2010's I'd say mostly unlucky or bottlers (yeah Spurs).

In terms of Ahmedhodzic, he's didn't even play for a while because he was speaking out against the FA and he was refusing call ups. Just a shit show all around.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord

We're obviously the Spurs of international football thank you very much. We've bottled 3 world cup finals.

We even managed to come 2nd with a national team that's widely regarded as one of the best of all time :lol:

Demyanenko_square_jaw

Bosnia just aren't a good team recently, they've been making recent playoffs because of the expanded new rules. The last time they were a dangerous team was probably about 8 to 10 years ago now when Dzeko, Misimovic, Ibisevic, Pjanic were all in their prime. Why would anyone compare them to Spurs? A rich club team in the biggest league that have made a CL final, and have a bunch of high league finishes during that time. England or Netherlands would make more sense for that comparison.

Matriac

As always, we’re good when there’s no fecking pressure.
You jinxed it!

Followed by the worst defensive error I've seen in ages, leaving 3 Czech players alone in front of our keeper to head the equalizer.

Eriku

You jinxed it!

Followed by the worst defensive error I've seen in ages, leaving 3 Czech players alone in front of our keeper to head the equalizer.
As if they needed me to jinx them :lol:

but yeah, 3 unmarkee players waiting to finish in the box, laughable.

Eriku

That Doudera fella from the Czech Republic is making a meal of everything. Pretending he’s been assaulted over nothing.

lysglimt

Scout
This Norwegian-side will never qualify for a tournament - shit goalkeeper, shit defenders and an extra shit manager - unfortunately

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
This Norwegian-side will never qualify for a tournament - shit goalkeeper, shit defenders and an extra shit manager - unfortunately
They don't need to be individually good. Just be able to play well as a team. The players aren't worse than what we've seen from similarly sized or smaller countries in the past few tournaments. Norway could be compared to Wales with Bale and Ramsey.

Eriku

They don't need to be individually good. Just be able to play well as a team. The players aren't worse than what we've seen from similarly sized or smaller countries in the past few tournaments. Norway could be compared to Wales with Bale and Ramsey.
That’s why we hired Lagerbäck, with a track record of whipping smallers sides into sufficient shape to qualify. It didn’t work with him, nor any of the other coaches we’ve had, and it doesn’t matter if we have genuine world class players mixed in. Not sure why people seem to think we can turn shit around.

Even when we have a cracking qualifier we find a way to punch ourselves in the face and stumble on the finishing line. Nobody can blame us for feeling hopeless about our prospects.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Haaland really is a donkey. Great one dimensional striker. Far from worldclass but you can tell that in the days of stats he will be judge as one. Especially when the whole club plays into his strengths.

E-mal

McT looking decent but the golf in technical ability between him and Gilmour is massive.

WouterWeghorst

Supports
Bald Managers
thought wieffer was really poor in his minutes, as he never really amazes me when I watch full games of him. Seems to be a bit slow in his thinking/acting on the ball.

wijnaldum scored but was terrible too. Had the least touches of any Dutch player in the first half. As a cm..