Internationals March (Euro Play-Offs + Friendlies)

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
We've got a talented midfield with the ball but without it they can be got at.

Dazzmondo

Never really understood the interest in Dunk for England. Branthwaite, Stones, Kilman, Guehi, Tomori would all work well in this England system imo, but don't recall seeing a cb pairing of any of them.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Mainoo has actually been ridiculous. Arguably the best player on the pitch along with foden and Toney.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Catch 22: Play Mainoo higher up, lose his link play but get sporadic moments of brilliance. Play him further back and then the cute nuance further forward is gone.

Positioning him just right is going to be paramount.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Mainoo is playing really well. But this Channel 4 commentator. Mainoo every 2nd word.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Dunk is so unbelievably shite. Next time a fan of a club outside of the big 6 tells me their players deserves a call up I'm going to tell them to feck off, if they were good enough for England then they'd be playing for someone good.
Agreed, outside of a few who play in positions where we have no other options (Pickford, Chilwell etc)

Dazzmondo

Catch 22: Play Mainoo higher up, lose his link play but get sporadic moments of brilliance. Play him further back and then the cute nuance further forward is gone.

Positioning him just right is going to be paramount.
Number 8 definitely suits him best. His progressive passing and dribbling is something unique among England's midfielders. He still gets involved in the attacking areas imo, such as the pass to Bellingham in this game.

the_cliff

It's a shame tbh, feel like this is the best we've played in a while. Especially in terms of in possession.

Toney really needs to go to a top club. Would love him here at United, his link up play is really underrated, complete package.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Kimmich with a not so great game. Some sloppy passing, gotten past too easily a few times, mostly playing backpasses instead of driving the game forward.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Wales the better team against Poland by quite a way, as with the Finland game I'm massively surprised how decent we've been. Fully expecting it be to fecked up still, of course!

Would really like to see the lines for that disallowed Davies goal at the end...

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Theres no doubting the talent in the team but I would seriously look at the midfield. There's no balance in it for me. Too open.
Don't get me started on the back four though.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Not really a good night for current Everton players this...

Pickford and Patterson both making atrocious mistakes.

Former players on the other hand...

criticalanalysis

Number 8 definitely suits him best. His progressive passing and dribbling is something unique among England's midfielders. He still gets involved in the attacking areas imo, such as the pass to Bellingham in this game.
I'd say Bellingham also has that, who has impressed me with the little I've seen of him.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
It's a shame tbh, feel like this is the best we've played in a while. Especially in terms of in possession.

Toney really needs to go to a top club. Would love him here at United, his link up play is really underrated, complete package.
Tis interesting to watch some players play themselves into contention whilst others are showing this a level too far for them.

Toney has that confidence and presence about him that he's quite obviously ready for a big club. He's doing everything a player should to earn the move.