Internationals March (World Cup Qualifiers)

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
What on earth is that group H? Hard to believe it contains teams from six different pots.

RashyForPM

Think England will field this team tonight:

Henderson
James Maguire Mings Shaw
Phillips
Bellingham Mount
Foden DCL Sterling

KranjskaKlobasa

Croatians got FM'ed by us. By far better team, superior possession, more shots on goal etc. and still managed to lose 1:0. Hope that that rash tackle on Oblak won't be a problem for the match against Russia.

Last edited:

Croatians got FM'ed in by us. By far better team, superior possession, more shots on goal etc. and still managed to lose 1:0. Hope that that rash tackle on Oblak won't be a problem for the match against Russia.
More like Mevlja'd or Kek'd. :lol:

There was too little coming from Croatia after going down - I don't remember a shot on target in the 2nd half. Typical "everyone stand around and watch Modrić pull something out of the hat" performance. Add great, disciplined defending by Slovenia, a slightly fortunate goal and you've got this unsurprising result.

Walters_19_MuFc

Can imagine Southgate will continue with his favored 343 tonight which I have no problem with, as long as it's adventurous.

I would go with:

Henderson
Walker Maguire Shaw
James Mount Rice Chilwell
Foden Lingard
Kane (c)

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Can imagine Southgate will continue with his favored 343 tonight which I have no problem with, as long as it's adventurous.

I would go with:

Henderson
Walker Maguire Shaw
James Mount Rice Chilwell
Foden Lingard
Kane (c)
I'd kinda hope he rests a few (Kane & Maguire at least) given it's San Marino.

bsCallout

Portugal have such a good team on paper. Got to be going into the tournaments with big hopes.

Paul_Scholes18

Portugal have such a good team on paper. Got to be going into the tournaments with big hopes.
It is crazy to say, but I think Ronaldo is the biggest problem they have right now. He is not the same Ronaldo of old.

Everything else look to be in great shape.

Crustanoid

The key question that I want to ask all Caftards is: if you were given a Sanmarinese (I think that is the correct term) passport today, could you get a cap for them?

Apparently their pool of registered players is in the hundreds

Paul_Scholes18

The key question that I want to ask all Caftards is: if you were given a Sanmarinese (I think that is the correct term) passport today, could you get a cap for them?

Apparently their pool of registered players is in the hundreds
Nope my fitness is pure shit right now haha. I think I might get into San Marino ladies team though since I can pass the ball at least.

Crustanoid

Nope my fitness is pure shit right now haha. I think I might get into San Marino ladies team though since I can pass the ball at least.
I’m definitely not fit but I’d do a Rocky style fitness training program if the reward was an international cap in the World Cup (qualifying tournament, getting pummelled every game and being on the telly)

Paul_Scholes18

I’m definitely not fit but I’d do a Rocky style fitness training program if the reward was an international cap in the World Cup (qualifying tournament, getting pummelled every game and being on the telly)
Yeah I could try. Before when I played football I could play pretty much every position apart from keeper. I was a terrible keeper.

A bit like James Milner and also good at pens to be fair. I only missed one in a real game which was in Gothia cup semi final when I was 14, but I scored the rebound hehe. It was a terrible pen straight at the keeper. Still we lost 4-1 so it did not matter. English team who was really good do not remember the name. Not a big club. I was actually second pen taker in our team, but the first one was suspended.

Last edited:

Robindinho

Thankfully not a back 3/5 (unless Phillips plays centre back). I’d guess this...

Pope
James Coady Stones Chilwell
Phillips
Ward-Prowse Mount
Lingard DCL Sterling​

saivet

Thankfully not a back 3/5 (unless Phillips plays centre back). I’d guess this...

Pope
Phillips
Ward-Prowse Mount
Lingard DCL Sterling​
I think you're right with the line up. A sensible side to field too from Southgate.

Bertie Wooster

Pope
Phillips
Ward-Prowse Mount
Lingard DCL Sterling​
Ah, I'll give this one a miss.

Although I'm happier when United players get a rest and don't get selected for international duty, it does make it difficult for me to cheer on England when it's just a bunch of players from rival club sides that I mostly dislike.

When there's United players in there it's different. Without them, I'm not bothered cheering on a bunch of players from City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs...

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Was going to watch the England game, not gonna bother having seen the starting XI

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Ah, I'll give this one a miss.

Although I'm happier when United players get a rest and don't get selected for international duty, it does make it difficult for me to cheer on England when it's just a bunch of players from rival club sides that I mostly dislike.

When there's United players in there it's different. Without them, I'm not bothered cheering on a bunch of players from City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs...
Ditto. Might see how McT gets on for Scotland instead.