Internationals November (Euro Qualifiers + Friendlies)

Utdstar01

Poor performance but a 4-0 win. The pitch and wind didn’t help but too many players were off their game. CHO is struggling at the moment, his form has fallen off a Cliff after that sensational showing for the u21s last month. Ox and Rice were not good in the middle of the park and Mings was poor in many defensive moments. I’m unsure on TAA because he’s almost not there defensively and England have so many options.

I thought Maguire played very well. Winks looked really good in moments. Rashford lifted the side when he came on and finished a great goal. Kane and Sterling were good at times.
CHO has been inconsistent since coming back from injury, he just needs a lot of game time. Rice is rubbish, he does more or less what Dier does and arguably no better. TAA does need to improve defensively. Thankfully we have a lot of talent in the RB position in AWB and Reece James coming through for Chelsea.

Felt a bit sorry for Winks in there tonight, was basically running the midfield on his own and he did a really good job. This is where England come up short. We are in the position where we need some young midfielders to make the step up before the Euros because what we currently have isn't good enough.

Last edited:

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Chelsea's number 19 benefitting from a slip from the opposition.

Where have I heard that one before?

Utdstar01

Pep effect.

Imagine how much better Rashford and Martial would be if we had Pep as their coach and assuming he gave them a fair crack of course.
You can say it's helped yes but he's always been a big talent and it was a case of unlocking that potential. I can see Rashford becoming a similar type of player. Capable of scoring goals from that inside left position, but also capable of missing a lot of chances, as we have seen this season so far.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Rashford has done very well the last month or so for club and country.

I was cursing his inclusion in the England side (ahead of Sancho) in September but can't argue with him being selected right now.

Utdstar01

I was cursing his inclusion in the England side (ahead of Sancho) in September but can't argue with him being selected right now.
Whenever he's played for England he's always played well. No surprise that in a settled side he looks very good. When you're asking him to carry your team in a far inferior attacking setup at United when Martial is injured and the only real creativity we have is from Dan James then it's asking a bit too much.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads

If you ask me Sancho still has to prove a lot. Rashford, Kane, Sterling are showing the level of maturity at the big stage.

TheReligion

Abusive

I think people forget how much of a young talent Rashford is as he's been around for what feels like ages. He's developing nicely and starting to mature. Top talent.

TheReligion

Abusive
If England can get a settled midfield they'll have a chance in the summer. It's the only real weak area. That said Liverpool have a garbage midfield on paper so it is doable with the right work rate and personnel.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
If England can get a settled midfield they'll have a chance in the summer. It's the only real weak area. That said Liverpool have a garbage midfield on paper so it is doable with the right work rate and personnel.
I’m not a huge fan of Henderson but Fabinho & Wijnaldum are far from garbage. Fabinho is currently one of the best around in his position.

England aren’t blessed with a decent set of midfielders to choose from at the moment.

TheReligion

Abusive
I’m not a huge fan of Henderson but Fabinho & Wijnaldum are far from garbage. Fabinho is currently one of the best around in his position.

England aren’t blessed with a decent set of midfielders to choose from at the moment.
Fabinho is starting to deliver I agree but if you look at what you'd call a top midfield I don't think you have one. It's certainly your weak spot hence why most of you play goes down the sides with Robertson and TAA. TAA is more creative than anything you have in the middle of the park imo.

Ban

Rashford has a good record for the club and country for such a young age, yet he's regarded as a shit player round here.

dev1l

Rashford has a good record for the club and country for such a young age, yet he's regarded as a shit player round here.
It shows how many clueless posters we have over here.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
You ain’t getting Sancho mate, it’s between us and City I think. Unless Salah/Mané leaves Liverpool in the next 1/2 seasons. Then they might also be in the frame.
He's a Londoner, a lifelong Chelsea fan and his best mate in the game is Tammy. We'll have a load to spend and Pedro & Willian are won't be around much longer. We'll absolutely be a contender if he moves.

He's absolutely not going back to Man City and I don't think they'd go for him anyway given how he left.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

He's a Londoner, a lifelong Chelsea fan and his best mate in the game is Tammy. We'll have a load to spend and Pedro & Willian are won't be around much longer. We'll absolutely be a contender if he moves.
Depending on how he sees his career planning out and how ambitious he is he could also not even bother to go anywhere but to a stable top club.
And aside of City/Liverpool there isn't another one in England right now, going to Chelsea to play Europa League every 2 seasons surely wouldn't please him

Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up at PSG,Bayern,Juventus or one of the Spanish giants.

TheReligion

Abusive

PoTMS

Read in a Norwegian paper that if Norway qualify they will play 2 matches at Hampden Park and the last at Wembley - so Norway vs England then.
Yep, one of Norway/Scotland/Serbia/ANother will go into group D with England.

Ban

He's absolutely not going back to Man City and I don't think they'd go for him anyway given how he left.
Terry was a United fan.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Depending on how he sees his career planning out and how ambitious he is he could also not even bother to go anywhere but to a stable top club.
And aside of City/Liverpool there isn't another one in England right now, going to Chelsea to play Europa League every 2 seasons surely wouldn't please him

Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up at PSG,Bayern,Juventus or one of the Spanish giants.
I was going to say I could see Barca showing interest seeing as they signed Dembele and his level wasn't as consistant as Sancho's at Dortmund in his year there.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Is their any particular reason why the Kosovo fans love England so much?

It's nice to see so much respect, we should see this more really, for all teams.

Ban

Indeed he is. Did you ever try to buy him? Nope.

If you lot made a big money bid when he was Sancho's age, he would've considered it 100%.
Just saying Sancho being a Chelsea fan doesn't mean much.

RoyH1

France beating Albania 1-0 in Albania’s very nice looking new national stadium. Shame the Albanian public had to whistle the French anthem.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Indeed he is. Did you ever try to buy him? Nope.

If you lot made a big money bid when he was Sancho's age, he would've considered it 100%.
We probably would have got him if we bid in 2001-2002 time. I remember him being linked with Newcastle around that time. Once the takeover happened it was impossible.