Internationals October (Nations League + Euro 2021 play-offs + Friendlies)

Okey

Really poor selection by Southgate for this formation. Coady should be in that back 3 ahead of Dier. Walker on the right and Saka on the left. Grealish ahead of Rashford and probably Sancho in for Mount. The current XI won't trouble this Belgian side.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
What do you mean ‘we’? Do they not take some responsibility for their own fitness?

Do remember how much better a coach Martinez is than Southgate as well
So we should just allow him to become this massive brick shithouse donkey? Clearly Inter Milan have put a rocket up his arse.

RashyForPM

Because he is playing at the very top level of world football and scoring loads of goals while we roll around in mediocrity?
:lol: Some people are so blinded by their dislike of Lukaku. He’s a top striker.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Keep Southgate in the job as long as possible, United would be stupid enough to go for him when they end up sacking Ole otherwise. :nervous:

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Dier is a DM: he shouldn’t be a CB, even in a 3 man partnership.

maguire, Gomez and Stones should be good enough
He's played every game at CB so far for Spurs this season so looks like he'll be playing the season there.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
He is usually good for us (Sweden). He will probably be solid.
I predict a draw today, but not sure how good you are at the moment.
We are like Pogba. Pick and choose which game to show up.
Somerimes we are like old machines, needs time for engine to warm up.

Goaaaaaaaaal 1 Croatiaaaaaaa

Untd55

I absolutely hate this formation. No attacking midfielder means we have no means to attack; it separates the attack from the midfield. It is almost like we have two teams on the pitch: defence team (7 players) and attack team (3 players).

How on earth does Southgate think this is a good idea? It hasn't worked against absolute dross sides. Why would it work against Belgium?

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Genuinely think Ole is a better manager than Southgate.
He makes less terrible team selections & is less stubborn at least. Neither are good enough for a PL job, but yeah, I’d say Ole is better.

Both have the same park the bus & look to counter philosophy.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Same here. He’s clearly a good player and offers something different. He thrives on balls in behind and good crosses. Help him with the first touch and you have a class striker. We should never have sold him, considering we reinvested in dross like Maguire. AWB is fine, but we could have done that without selling Rom.
Lukaku was unfit and didn't want to be here. If he kept himself in shape and played with hunger he still would be. It's all on him IMO.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Who's this fella Southgate was creaming himself over the other day? Mason Mount? Who has done literally feck all for half an hour? But is a gazillion times better than Grealish?

feck off Southgate.

RashyForPM

I don't dislike him, I just know he wasn't good enough. He wasn't, he proved it. Imagine being nostalgic about Lukaku. Give me bloody strength.
Not being nostalgic. Just saying we shouldn’t have sold him. He’s a better striker than Martial and the current Cavani, albeit not the peak one.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Lukaku was unfit and didn't want to be here. If he kept himself in shape and played with hunger he still would be. It's all on him IMO.
He was deliberately managed out of the club.

Ole treated him like a 2nd class citizen as soon as he arrived. As Neville says ‘he didn’t fancy him’. Lukaku is a confidence player who needs to be loved: once he understood he was out of Ole’s plans he reverted to type by losing all motivation.

RashyForPM

Our sports scientists ought to have helped him with that. Inter’s did. In fact, didn’t they discover a minor nutritional disease or something. Of course, I could he wrong.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He was deliberately managed out of the club.

Ole treated him like a 2nd class citizen as soon as he arrived. As Neville says ‘he didn’t fancy him’. Lukaku is a confidence player who needs to be loved: once he understood he was out of Ole’s plans he reverted to type by losing all motivation.
He was shite under Mourinho also let's not forget that. He was fat and over weight and Mourinho did nothing to stop that.

Ole was happy with his efforts and dropped him - he got the hump, simple.

Look at his shape today compared to 3/4 of his united career it's a joke.