Internationals September (Euro Qualifiers + Friendlies)

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Portugal potentially playing there "Fantastic Four" today with Ronaldo, Felix, Bernardo Silva, and Bruno Fernandes.

Its a great looking front 4 and I hope Santos does it. I would love to see how they all play together.

HowYouDoin

It was their best performance since Argentina at the WC. Sure, Slovakia were quite open, but there was so much movement and sharp passing, I couldn't believe these were mostly the same players as in that tumescent Hungary game.

Bruno Petković was sensational. I saw videos of him dribbling and doing flicks in Primavera and Serie B as a winger ages ago, but pretty much gave up on him after he didn't amount to much. The move to Dinamo seems to have really rejuvenated his career.

Oh ya if you dont mind me asking...who in the hell is Bruno Petkovic??? The guy looked like Ibrahimovic at his best. Skiniar is supposed to be one of the best defenders in the world yet Petkovic absolutely dominated him. I couldnt believe my eyes, I felt I was watching one of the best players in the world there.

Googled him, he is only 24 possibly a late bloomer but if he can keep this up, he could even be an upgrade over Mandzukic. Much more skilled player.

Last edited by a moderator:

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
What is the full predicted line-up and formation in the portuguese press?
Patrício; Semedo, Fonte, Dias, Guerreiro; Danilo, William, Bruno; Bernardo, Félix, Cristiano

The usual 4-3-3/4-4-2 hybrid with Bernardo on the right and Bruno on the left while defending.

Big game for us, if we don't win we'll most likely go to the playoffs which will be very tough.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Patrício; Semedo, Fonte, Dias, Guerreiro; Danilo, William, Bruno; Bernardo, Félix, Cristiano

The usual 4-3-3/4-4-2 hybrid with Bernardo on the right and Bruno on the left while defending.

Big game for us, if we don't win we'll most likely go to the playoffs which will be very tough.
Thanks

Portugal must find an better CB than Fonte because then the starting XI is so :drool:

And maybe maybe Ruven Neves for Danilo or William Carvalho.

Revan

Assumptionman
Kosovo are now 2-1 up against Czech Republic and are currently top of the table (in the England group).
15 matches without a defeat in all competitions, we are the real deal. Today I was actually expecting us to lose considering that we were missing 5 starters (including what is considered our best player), but guess not.

I expect England to win though.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
15 matches without a defeat in all competitions, we are the real deal. Today I was actually expecting us to lose considering that we were missing 5 starters (including what is considered our best player), but guess not.

I expect England to win though.
Yep amazing form :D

Bulgaria's campaign will be over in three hours and then it's between you guys & Czech Republic :)

Revan

Assumptionman
Yep amazing form :D

Bulgaria's campaign will be over in three hours and then it's between you guys & Czech Republic :)
Yep, we should be able to defeat Montenegro at home, but the two matches against England and away against Czechs will be difficult.

Still, even if we finish third, it was a great journey and we can get into Euros via Nations League where Kosovo easily lead its group, and now has the semis against Macedonia.

R'hllor

God i hate international break, anyway Serbia - Portugal, best Serbia can hope for is a draw, dont remember last time when we won vs big national team at home in any qualification game, could swear most of them ended 1:1, cant be bothered to check for those cnuts anyway.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I don't get why Stones and Barkley aren't rinsed more for their mistakes in the Nations League and for Maguire he seems to get shat on for it.

Dunno why i'm listening. ITV is shite for punditry.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Was going to break the habit of a lifetime and tune in for an England match but can't be arsed after seeing that team.

I can understand Southgate not throwing Mount in despite his form warranting it but Trippier and Rashford in over Trent and Sancho is depressing.

Strats

Lingard left out of the squad or injured?

Edit: Ah, just noticed he's ill.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
England river available? Can only find the silent ones...

Sylar

"Bulgaria have already embarrassed England here"

Thats what the commentator said. Because Bulgaria had a shot.

Deery

Dreary
"Bulgaria have already embarrassed England here"

Thats what the commentator said. Because Bulgaria had a shot.
And he always over elaborate saying everyone name ‘like’
Jordan PICKFORD!

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Was going to break the habit of a lifetime and tune in for an England match but can't be arsed after seeing that team.

I can understand Southgate not throwing Mount in despite his form warranting it but Trippier and Rashford in over Trent and Sancho is depressing.
It's a depressing team alright.

We don't learn anything, we know what Rashford can do .. no reason to not give Sancho a go in both these games, what do you have to lose?

Rice/Henderson in midfield is fecking dull too. Guys like Maddison, Sancho and Mount should all have been given starts.

Zoo

A ruthless, confident finish. Not seen enough at United.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Maguire exposed for positioning in the area there. Will need to learn to avoid that quickly.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
It's a depressing team alright.

We don't learn anything, we know what Rashford can do .. no reason to not give Sancho a go in both these games, what do you have to lose?

Rice/Henderson in midfield is fecking dull too. Guys like Maddison, Sancho and Mount should all have been given starts.
It's not so much that, we know what Kane can do but obviously Wilson or Tammy shouldn't be in ahead of him.

It's more i think Rashford has stalled and started believing his own hype, i was never that keen on him even when he was all the range but atleast then he had more hunger and will to impress.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
It's not so much that, we know what Kane can do but obviously Wilson or Tammy shouldn't be in ahead of him.

It's more i think Rashford has stalled and started believing his own hype, i was never that keen on him even when he was all the range but atleast then he had more hunger and will to impress.
With Kane though you have a world class forward and clearly not world class options. In midfield we've got nothing particularly that stands out, so why not experiment a bit with some form/younger players? We need more creativity.

Sancho should clearly be starting this, his form has earned that.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Ukraine winning and just seen they're actually 11 points clear of Portugal in the live table.:lol: I know Portugal have games in hand but that's quite a lead. Serbia would go 5 points ahead of Portugal if they win tonight so bit of pressure there.

I know Portugal used to getting through in play offs but isn't it said they'd get a harder opponent than what they used to get when play offs were seeded.

Sylar

Cant believe they didnt know Rashford was gonna cut back. He has no left foot :lol:

ArjenIsM3

Henderson trying to be a smart ass by running off the pitch the old way, then got mad at the ref when he told him off :lol: